Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Digs, great thread.

The podders are cute, and from the bits I know about them, they might suit you. I experienced the juul, and didn't care for it at all (to each theirs, etc.).

I rather like the look of the one you've chosen tho. I do hope (and I believe I can speak for everyone here) that it is the perfect Digs mod!

Sorry Steamer. As most know, I've been a super B Box fan, but I don't see it as a sleek and stealthy device at all, in comparison to many of the starter/small/stealthy kits available these days.

Digs, I will say that I agree completely with DPLongo on the Goby. I just tried it for the first time this afternoon, and I must say, I am IMPRESSED. A TEENSY little stealth baby, but oh what a marvelous hit it's got. It's a MINI MOD! I know that I will use this as a purpose mod, and that purpose for me will be an O&A device. The feather-weight is just what the purse doctor ordered. A couple of ml of liquid onboard for short errands, and boom, happy vaper.

I love this thing. Just ordered another!

(Left, Jac. Right, Gobitty.)

mini jac 0513181801.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Sorry Steamer. As most know, I've been a super B Box fan, but I don't see it as a sleek and stealthy device at all, in comparison to many of the starter/small/stealthy kits available these days.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :) For Me any thing less than an 18650 mod is useless! The BB is one of the Classiest Smallest 18650 mods, I'm proud to own :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm looking at my first DNA 75 mod and this one looks like the one I want. Any reason to defer and buy another DNA 75? The one below is out of stock at MyVaporStore. The $49.95 price on sale (Reg $96.95) is attractive and it uses the Evolv DNA 75 chip.

HCigar VT75 Nano Evolv DNA 75

upload_2018-5-15_10-27-39.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm looking at my first DNA 75 mod and this one looks like the one I want. Any reason to defer and buy another DNA 75? The one below is out of stock at MyVaporStore. The $49.95 price on sale (Reg $96.95) is attractive and it uses the Evolv DNA 75 chip.

HCigar VT75 Nano Evolv DNA 75

View attachment 742355

That's one of my favorite looking mods, and I still own three of them. The reason I haven't sold them though, is (to be honest) that they have some issues with the chips. I'm simply not comfortable taking someone's money for them, so I leave them around just to look at now.

Most of the issues have been pretty well documented in various threads, so I'll not rehash old stuff. I loved using them, but all developed the issues after about 18 months. So if that amount of time is worth it, you won't regret it (I don't).

Today there are enough well-behaving options, at some decent prices, that it may be worth shopping before you drop the coin on that one.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IAny reason to defer and buy another DNA 75? The one below is out of stock at MyVaporStore. The $49.95 price on sale (Reg $96.95) is attractive and it uses the Evolv DNA 75 chip.
I don't know how much faith you put into PBusardo's reviews, but I'd take a look at this one. He compares about a dozen DNA75 mods with each other. I went with the JAC.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
That's one of my favorite looking mods, and I still own three of them. The reason I haven't sold them though, is (to be honest) that they have some issues with the chips. I'm simply not comfortable taking someone's money for them, so I leave them around just to look at now.

Most of the issues have been pretty well documented in various threads, so I'll not rehash old stuff. I loved using them, but all developed the issues after about 18 months. So if that amount of time is worth it, you won't regret it (I don't).

Today there are enough well-behaving options, at some decent prices, that it may be worth shopping before you drop the coin on that one.

Sorry to hear you had issues :(
I to have one of these mods, after a while i was getting resistance issues.
The coil resistance would fluctuate, the problem with mine was the connection between the SS 510 top cap & the cheep white metal body. I unscrewed the 510 cap cleaned both ends real well, I used "dielectric grease" to make a better connection between the Body & 510. I haven't had an issue since :) Mine has got to be 3 years old by now ? Also the dielectric grease is a good idea on the battery cap threading.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry to hear you had issues :(
I to have one of these mods, after a while i was getting resistance issues.
The coil resistance would fluctuate, the problem with mine was the connection between the SS 510 top cap & the cheep white metal body. I unscrewed the 510 cap cleaned both ends real well, I used "dielectric grease" to make a better connection between the Body & 510. I haven't had an issue since :) Mine has got to be 3 years old by now ? Also the dielectric grease is a good idea on the battery cap threading.

Yep. And it happened with all three, slowly. We did the cleaning thing, and it would work for a bit, but then revert back. We probably went through 3 or 4 cleaning cycles before I said, "Yeah, no. Not for me. It was good while it lasted, and I got my money's worth."

Apparently (and I was warned about this before I purchased) HC added a 2nd wire/connector to the chip, which "complicates" the connection. It was commonly felt that this was an unnecessary addition, and some of the Evolv faithful avoided the mod for this reason alone.

Since I'm not part of that (or any) "faithful" group, I went with my wants, and I got 'em (good deals, all). I knew at the time they might be problematic, but they're SO hot looking (to me) that I didn't care. Even my red one, with its known battery cap issues, was FINE for me.

If I didn't have to work so hard to maintain 'em, they'd still be in play today. I'd love to sell them, and we've discussed it, but I just can't find it within myself. They all still work, and I'll probably pull one out here and there (just for fun), but it will be put away again at the first sign of "wonky".

I'm a lazy vaper, for sure.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Yep. And it happened with all three, slowly. We did the cleaning thing, and it would work for a bit, but then revert back. We probably went through 3 or 4 cleaning cycles before I said, "Yeah, no. Not for me. It was good while it lasted, and I got my money's worth."

Apparently (and I was warned about this before I purchased) HC added a 2nd wire/connector to the chip, which "complicates" the connection. It was commonly felt that this was an unnecessary addition, and some of the Evolv faithful avoided the mod for this reason alone.

Since I'm not part of that (or any) "faithful" group, I went with my wants, and I got 'em (good deals, all). I knew at the time they might be problematic, but they're SO hot looking (to me) that I didn't care. Even my red one, with its known battery cap issues, was FINE for me.

If I didn't have to work so hard to maintain 'em, they'd still be in play today. I'd love to sell them, and we've discussed it, but I just can't find it within myself. They all still work, and I'll probably pull one out here and there (just for fun), but it will be put away again at the first sign of "wonky".

I'm a lazy vaper, for sure.

it is indeed a very nice looking tiny mod :)

Did you try Nolax or dielectric grease on the threads? It workes on mine :)
In your previous post you had blamed the DNA chip, This is not a Chip failure!
It is a design flaw with the enclosure, The DNA will find flaws in the grounding circuits.
This is the problem with this mod.

Like I all ready posted, a bit of help with the 510 & battery cap connections, makes the difference :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
it is indeed a very nice looking tiny mod :)

Did you try Nolax or dielectric grease on the threads? It workes on mine :)
In your previous post you had blamed the DNA chip, This is not a Chip failure!
It is a design flaw with the enclosure, The DNA will find flaws in the grounding circuits.
This is the problem with this mod.

Like I all ready posted, a bit of help with the 510 & battery cap connections, make the difference :)

Yeah, on the Noalox (and also Deoxit), but no dialectric grease (yet). I may add that as a "try", just because... (so thanks for that!). Like I said, corrections came, then went (more than once). I'm not a patient man when it comes to vape stuff not working well. I've purchased exactly ONE clone mod, and I'll never do it again. Atties are fine, but no more mods. I tend to get "unpleasant" when stuff doesn't do what it's supposed to do (ever seen a clone mod take a 9mm?). ;)

I actually did not blame the DNA chip, but instead made reference to "HC", which I probably should have spelled out more completely (shaddup, Kat :lol: ). Yes, it's a design flaw by HCigar, (happy now, KD? :wub:) and by no means an issue with the chips.

I've more than one DNA75 and they're absolutely fine. As I had stated previously, the JACs (DNA75) are my most used mods, all things considered. They're awesome.

Reactions: stols001

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

Did I read that wrong?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

^ to be specific.

Reactions: stols001

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ultimately my point was to let @DaveP know, per his request, that it's a very nice mod, but not without many reported issues/complaints. He may be hard-headed, like me, and get it anyway.

Like I said, I've never complained about it, and probably never would have mentioned it if someone wasn't asking for opinions on whether they should spend money or not. In that case, there's a certain obligation to be transparent.

He's now seen more than enough of us, I expect. :confused:

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Nothing screams "classy" like a mod and tank. :pervy:

When I want to be discreet, or if I'm wearing a jacket and tie (which admittedly isn't often), I grab a couple of my MyJet pods mods - filled up with high-nic juice and fully charged - and I'm good for an evening out.

Small, discreet, and satisfying - class be damned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread