Classy, Discreet Vape Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
See with girly drip tips, probably not what he is looking for lol.
IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG

Last edited:

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
Yep mine are the naut mini. I'm currently researching coil building to try rta mtl vaping :D . I also want to get another mini mod with more mah for longer usage... my target minis are two years old now. I'm researching tarot nano and revenger mini... I just cannot decide!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Good luck with the coil winding and wicking. I was adverse to it for a LONG time, but now that I've (successfully) dipped my toes in the rebuildable water, I can say that I was prolly making it out to be a lot more difficult than it turned out to be.

I don't know if you saw the posts about the little Gob-itty (Goby), but it's a darling little tiny thing and might suit you. The internal batt is 1000 mAh, just for info. It weighs like nothing and has a five wattage options (10-11-12-13-13.5 watts).

(Pic in post #21)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yep. And it happened with all three, slowly. We did the cleaning thing, and it would work for a bit, but then revert back. We probably went through 3 or 4 cleaning cycles before I said, "Yeah, no. Not for me. It was good while it lasted, and I got my money's worth."

Apparently (and I was warned about this before I purchased) HC added a 2nd wire/connector to the chip, which "complicates" the connection. It was commonly felt that this was an unnecessary addition, and some of the Evolv faithful avoided the mod for this reason alone.

Since I'm not part of that (or any) "faithful" group, I went with my wants, and I got 'em (good deals, all). I knew at the time they might be problematic, but they're SO hot looking (to me) that I didn't care. Even my red one, with its known battery cap issues, was FINE for me.

If I didn't have to work so hard to maintain 'em, they'd still be in play today. I'd love to sell them, and we've discussed it, but I just can't find it within myself. They all still work, and I'll probably pull one out here and there (just for fun), but it will be put away again at the first sign of "wonky".

I'm a lazy vaper, for sure.

Sounds to me like there's dissimilar metals involved in the mod's connectivity chain. I used to carry a little bottle of red De-oxit in my tool bag for just such issues. For some strange reason, parts vendors would sometimes use tinned connector pins on parts that mated to gold plated pins in logic circuits (go figure, I guess they didn't talk it through with our engineering department). We'd report it to field engineering's hotline and later parts would be made with gold plated pins.

I'd be reluctant to use anything but PG or VG on an oxidized connection in my vape mod. The idea is to seal out oxidizing air to keep the connection from tarnishing. For an extra dollar they could use gold plated hardware in the connections.

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Sounds to me like there's dissimilar metals involved in the mod's connectivity chain.

Thats it Exactly! The top cap (510) & the battery cap are SS, the body they screw into is some kind of mystery metal? The connection between these 2 metals, at the threading causes the grounding issue.

Most metal DNA mods rely on the body for a board ground, there is no separate wire from the board to ground.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Nothing screams "classy" like a mod and tank. :pervy:

When I want to be discreet, or if I'm wearing a jacket and tie (which admittedly isn't often), I grab a couple of my MyJet pods mods - filled up with high-nic juice and fully charged - and I'm good for an evening out.

Small, discreet, and satisfying - class be damned. :)

I'm with you.. if "classy" was a concern for me due to my career, I would imagine the first thing I'd buy is a stabwood mod (things like the Koncio predator mini was gorgeous) and go matchy matchy with a Hussar RTA.. at the very least I'd do a Hussar black and gold edition paired with a black tube mod..

But I guess that's a to each his own thing.. to everyone classy and what constitutes it is different.

Me :wub: :

images

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Ultimately my point was to let @DaveP know, per his request, that it's a very nice mod, but not without many reported issues/complaints. He may be hard-headed, like me, and get it anyway.

Like I said, I've never complained about it, and probably never would have mentioned it if someone wasn't asking for opinions on whether they should spend money or not. In that case, there's a certain obligation to be transparent.

He's now seen more than enough of us, I expect. :confused:

I'm used to finicky 510 connections and sticky spring loaded contacts. Although I have a number of "high end" mods I tend to walk around with an iStick or an Eleaf Invoke in my pocket more often than not. What I like about the Jac is its size and hand molded shape (as well as the DNA chip).

Thanks for the heads up on the connectivity issues. Some silicone may fix that if it's the same problem that some have commented on.

I'm still thinking that it may be a good candidate for testing the waters in DNA mods as long as the issues are fixable with user remedies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thats it Exactly! The top cap (510) & the battery cap are SS, the body they screw into is some kind of mystery metal? The connection between these 2 metals, at the threading causes the grounding issue.

Most metal DNA mods rely on the body for a board ground, there is no separate wire from the board to ground.

Sound like a drop of De-Oxit would fix the connection issues. Some of those issues might be in production assembly instead of engineering.

Those kinds of issues are rampant in lots of mods. How many of us routinely twist the atomizer a half turn and back to get a stable resistance reading? Lots of mods use cast metal housings (think pot metal). Who knows what that means? Aluminum, or some mixture of whatever. At least a plastic or Bakelite housing requires the builder to run point to point wiring inside since there's no common conductor point in the case to connect common wires.

I still like the looks of the Jac Vapor mod. I might just jump for one after checking it out a little more. Production lines where workers are tasked with numbers instead of QC can be a real issue at the consumer end.

Last edited:

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
I got my UBOAT today and I'm very happy with it. It's just what I was looking for. It's quite stylish (imo), and very lightweight and small. Now I just have to find the right nic % to use as this is very different than anything I've vaped before. I have been vaping 6mg out of Kayfuns for a long time but I wouldn't even want to try anything that low out of this. I bought some 25mg nicotine salt e-liquid today to try it out and while it tastes great and vapes great, it's surprisingly too weak. I'm a DIYer so I'm going to play around with some variations on my favorite recipes until I get something I like. I might have to go up to 50mg as crazy as that sounds.

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
I made some 36mg nic e-Liquid and tried it and it's considerably too strong. So I think it's not the nic strength that was too weak for me, but rather the nicotine salts making the e-Liquid too smooth. I like to feel a hit in the back of my throat when I take a puff and the 25mg nicotine salt e-Liquid just doesn't deliver that at all.

I know Nude Nicotine sells nicotine salts for DIY and they offer them in three variations--smooth, signature, and hit. I like the idea of using salts for faster nicotine delivery so I'm hoping their "hit" line will deliver that plus the throat hit I'm looking for.

Anyways, I'm just adding this for those looking to this thread for information. Once I experiment more and find something that works great in this UBOAT I'll share what I came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread