Status
Not open for further replies.

katking

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
www.katking.com
Any tips? I'm no fan of rinsing them.

In over a year of vaping, I have tried a lot of the suggestions and this one works best for me. Planet Solution is a natural cleaner that is so safe you can brush your teeth with it YET so powerful I used it to remove old wallpaper.

In a glass of purified water add about 4 squirts (comes with a sprayer), add attys, let them sit over night, rinse in the morning, blow them out and place in the sun for a few hours.

No after taste and the attys are sparkling clean!:rolleyes:

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Here's how I clean mine:

Hold an atty under the faucet, cart end up (where you're looking down at the bridge), fill with water. Quickly shut off the facet, hold down into sink, put mouth on the top end, blow the water out the atty/threaded end (it will come out of all three holes if you blow with enough force). Repeat 3-4x. Then I shake out any excess water, take a slightly damp paper towel to clean out the threads.

To dry the bridge, I put it on my manual battery, and run cycles of 8secs until there is no more popping noise (meaning any water/leftover juice is burned off the bridge).

Takes 3-5 minutes each from start to finish. I'm still using my original two attys daily, both 3 months old. Been doing it this way since day one.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
okay, I'm going to revisit my lat post:

I've got one atty that seems to be resistant to cleaning. When I received my LR atties, it sat unused for a few weeks. Now, it seems to be running "hot", so I get GREAT vapor, but also a little burnt taste, decreased juice flavor.

Anybody tried using rubbing alcohol to soak? (I don't keep vodka around, 6 months dry here...)

TimBurns

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Eugene, oregon
I use steam from a cheap tea kettle that has a small hole at the end. I boil up hot water, and hold the atomizer with a pair of needle nose pliers to the steam out the tea kettle.

I've tried the coke fix, the vodka fix, I even grabbed some grain alcohol from the office and tried that (with a loss of paint), and the steam has been by far the best.

snottyragsdale

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
New York State
I tried the steam with no success, however, the atty I tried it on may be bad. I saw a 510 video on cleaning attys, tried it on two 902 attys, and it works awesome! Soak in isopropyl alcohol for 30 mins, then swish in a cup of water and let set in water a couple mins. Then lay attys on their side on a towel over night.

snottyragsdale

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
New York State
The rubbing alcohol cleaning as described gets the atty working great for 1 to 3 days, but every time I clean it it seems to last less. I'm currently letting 2 attys set in alcohol overnight and swishing in the am, then drying for 12hrs. Please Tony, this is alot of work, could you get some longer lasting attys manufactured?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
my cleaning meathod is this, rinse with warm water couple times and blow out, then I use some PGA and blow out then a little bit of the crest health pro and blow out, finally a warm water rince, then I take the hair dryer and hold it upside down turn on low and sit the Atty batt side up on the hair dryer for abot 2 minutes, the Atty is like new and vapes perfect and I have brough a few of my friends back to life with this method.
Just my 2 cents worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread