Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys

Pretty much every thread i read about GG maintenance revolves around keeping them as shiny as possible. My GG is not that GG lol, it's pretty much my daily grinder and nicely abused.

My question is, how do you guys tear down and thoroughly clean your ggts? Mine goes through spurts of misfires if I let it get too dirty, and lately my cleaning jobs have not been lasting as long. Has anyone made a video of a break down and tune up to increase performance? Is noalox an option? Should I be lightly sanding the switch where it meets the battery post to remove corrosion? Share your secrets ladies and gentleman!

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Noalox creates a mess and isn't worth using. I'd take the button/switch off, take it apart, clean it really well in an ultrasonic, and then reassemble. Same for the atomizer connector. It's a good opportunity to make sure the 2 small o-rings in the center pin are in good shape and freshly lubed.

There's several youtube vids of how to take both apart

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Thanks para! I've also just ordered those new 2012 springs for the battery and the button, I'm hoping that might help a bit too.

When they are back in stock, think about getting one of the 2012 SS button/switches. Since your GGTS is your "daily grind", it would be a great addition.....tough and work really, really well and won't be affected to the elements like other metals.

Most misfires are from dirt and gunked up ejuice in the connector.....once you get both in good shape it will fire like a champ

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Para, how do you recommend cleaning the nickel GGTS? I'm a jeweler and am hesitant to put anything plated into an ultrasonic after seeing what it does to gold and silver plated jewelry.

What solution do you use.....? I'd use a diluted Dawn liquid; it cuts grease and dirt very well and is as mild as it gets. I'm sure you have one, but a wire rack is a must to hang the parts so the Cavitation doesn't cause them to rub against the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread