Cleaning Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilladare

Oct 5, 2015
Colorado, USA
I have been trying to find and read the various threads here on cleaning and maintaining my vape gear, but have, as of yet, been unable to find answers to a couple questions.

1) I have seen a lot of talk of using ultrasonic cleaners. Please remember I am brand new so this question may seem incredibly dumb, but, do you put the coils in with all the other tank parts? (I have eGo tanks and Aspire tanks).

2) Once you have cleaned the parts (by ultrasonic, or other method). Would putting the parts into a dehydrator to both speed the drying process and ensure total dryness inside and out, be a good idea, or am I asking for problems?
I know I have basic beginner's bits and parts, but I want to take the best care of them I can.
Thanks for reading this far :)
Tilladare

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I have been trying to find and read the various threads here on cleaning and maintaining my vape gear, but have, as of yet, been unable to find answers to a couple questions.

1) I have seen a lot of talk of using ultrasonic cleaners. Please remember I am brand new so this question may seem incredibly dumb, but, do you put the coils in with all the other tank parts? (I have eGo tanks and Aspire tanks).

2) Once you have cleaned the parts (by ultrasonic, or other method). Would putting the parts into a dehydrator to both speed the drying process and ensure total dryness inside and out, be a good idea, or am I asking for problems?
I know I have basic beginner's bits and parts, but I want to take the best care of them I can.
Thanks for reading this far :)
Tilladare

No questions are dumb here :)

If you choose to use an ultrasonic cleaner for your tank, do not put the coil in with it. This will get too much moisture and water in with it, and it will never work properly again (maybe it would in a few months). I personally do not use an ultrasonic cleaner, but from what I read, everything should be safe in there except for the coil.

I wouldn't recommend using anything other than a paper towel, and q-tips to dry a tank (letting it dry overnight is the best) A consumer dehydrator could dry out the o-rings that keep the e-juice in the tank and not all over the place depending on the method of dehydration (heat, air, heat+air...)

I hope this helps in some way :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm with Liskrig. I would Not use an Ultrasonic Cleaner or a Dehydrator.

I like to Rinse out my Tanks/RBA's with Warm tap water. Then Blow Out/Dry everything with a Pipe Cleaner and or Q-Tip.

About every 6 Weeks or so, I get Motivated and gives everything a Swab with a Q-Tip that is dipped in Vodka. Then do the Rinse/Dry thing.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
An ultrasonic cleaner uses ultrasonic waves to agitate water so that it "scrubs" away dirt, debris, etc.

Ultra_Basic_Large.jpg

Commonly used for jewelry but also the most efficient, effective way to clean tanks, build decks, drip-tips, but as @Liskrig said, not coils.

I used to scoff at the notion until the MIL bought me one as a birthday gift and I gave it a shot. You wouldn't believe the gunk that it got out of "clean" tanks.

Reactions: Liskrig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread