The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cleaning squonk bottles

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by AngeNZ, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    What is best to use, to get a silicone squonk bottle clean and odour free?

2. icepickmaker84

icepickmaker84 Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    I use warm water with dish soap and a straw cleaning brush. I’ve had to let a few soak for a night or two but even pumpkin spice washed away.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    For more stubborn flavors I have to boil a bottle, but usually a soak is all it takes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    A good throwing away, and replacement.
    Just don't be a flavor butterfly, and you'll be fine!
    Sorry, you know I don't squonk!:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Will depend on the quality of the silicone. I have found that good quality silicone does not retain odour. Rinse with warm water and air dry is sufficient.

Poor quality silicone, nothing works! It will retain the odour of your e-juice and everything else you use to try and get rid of that odour. Over time the odour does diminish, but I do not have a time frame on that. Too many variables. If using a proprietary design squonk bottle that can not be replaced by something of better quality, I would suggest purchasing multiples of said bottle.

There are claims on the interwebz that a squeeze test can be used to verify the quality of the silicone, or at least verify if fillers are being used. They state by squeezing your silicone, if it changes white, fillers are used. I do not know how much fact there is to this, could be marketing BS, but do know out of all my squonk bottles, the ones that retain odour are the same ones that turn white from a squeeze test.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Dish soap and water does it for me. But you can soak them in vinegar or put them in the freezer for a couple hours. Haven’t tried that on bottles, but can confirm it works on the silicone rings of my instant pots.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I gave them the sniff test - no bad odour, just a remnant berry. They all passed @Punk In Drublic 's pinch test :D

Thank you for the replies. It's mainly to get rid of any leftover flavours - I'll do the hot soapy water clean, and see if that does the trick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.