Cleaning the Saphire and Dry Burn - Official Sapphire Cleaning Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
Thanks for this tip. I think is what is happening cause I used a syringe before and it did not fill up. Hopefully this solves the issue. Appreciate it!

sounds like that may be your problem, you'd have to be a 2 year old to manage to get liquid in from the top of the air tube, they just really aren't that close together so the only place it could be coming from is through the bottom and back up.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Every week the sapphire is being improved, they are working on it nonstop, but becuase this will be a huge project unlike anything we have done before it they will do so in batches, we need to verify how they perform in the real world, with all types of batteries and voltages and juices, each batch we recieve each week will have minor improvements or major ones with minor or major adjustments, They will get them to the point where each ones performs exactly like the last, they are already one of the best performing clearomizer types out there and will get better and better. Dont worry about if you happen to get one that has a issue, we discussed the tight draw causing a burning taste, if this happens to be something you discover with one of the ones you use simply contact us and we will take care of you.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Still working on my first pair of Buds.
Good vape from this set so I've ordered 4 more of the HV variant. All I've done is keep filling them and vaping. It doesn't take me long to drain one so I can't wait for bigger versions.

Once in 3 or 4 fills I sometimes get a gurgle that resides pretty quickly. Not sure what causes it but I suspect it has something to do with the southern humidity and heat....as I've noticed it only happens on really HOT days when I'm outside alot or the thing sits in the hot car for longer than I'd like.

Definitely on the right track with these things. Half the price of an eGo T atty...and already better :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but Zippo wicks seem to work fine too.

I went all gungho and tore apart my Bud when I saw OP's post, then I went ahead and stupidly lost the wick (or at least part of it). Didn't have a CE2 on hand (tossed them out a few weeks ago).

I was desperate for a wick, and I spotted my old Zippo sitting on my desk. Pulled that apart and tore out the wick. Just pull apart the metal strands and the stringy parts and you get to the middle wick that looks just like the original wick in the Bud.

Still trying it out, so if I get typhoid or malaria or something I'll tell you guys.

--
edit:

I ditched the Zippo wick idea. For some reason it makes the vapes taste funny. Could be in my head, but I may have poisoned myself in some way or another. Updates if I end up in the hospital.

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but Zippo wicks seem to work fine too.

I went all gungho and tore apart my Bud when I saw OP's post, then I went ahead and stupidly lost the wick (or at least part of it). Didn't have a CE2 on hand (tossed them out a few weeks ago).

I was desperate for a wick, and I spotted my old Zippo sitting on my desk. Pulled that apart and tore out the wick. Just pull apart the metal strands and the stringy parts and you get to the middle wick that looks just like the original wick in the Bud.

Still trying it out, so if I get typhoid or malaria or something I'll tell you guys.

--
edit:

I ditched the Zippo wick idea. For some reason it makes the vapes taste funny. Could be in my head, but I may have poisoned myself in some way or another. Updates if I end up in the hospital.

um well you used a "used" wick right? prolly still had lighter fluid residue on it. might work ok with a new one that's been properly cleaned lol ;)
:vapor:

Last edited:

bazaz

Apr 18, 2009
Try again platysoup.. I saw a post of someone using the center of a zippo wick on another thread and this one. I bought a new zippo wick to try. I unraveled copper strand and outer material to expose about an inch+ of the inside strands. Wet it and twist tight to get it through the small hole, I fed it from the bottom, then untwist it, trim close to bottom. I left about a half inch in the tube so when it gets gunked up I can pull a little through and trim it off. I've used it 2 days with no leaking, gurgling or dry hits. The first one I tried did have a funny taste to it on the first couple of hits, but i think it was because i didn't wait for the liquid to soak in....second one i waited a few minutes and didn't seem to get that taste. The wick seems to be just the right size. I love these Sapphires!

zogu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Beograd, Vracar
I also tried with new zippo wick, but it burns, it is easy to try with lighter (i first felt this in my lounges). I must find some new wick because now i have 3. disassembled buds.
Don't use zippo wick!!!
I found link for this thread from another, last post is about 3 months old, maybe it should be sticky, it is very helpful.

hangwire

Nov 4, 2011
Houston
I just got a couple of these. I found instructions online for filling it (New released! BUD Sapphire Hybrid Tank Atomizer/Cartomizer/Clearomizer - BigVapors.com - Malaysia Electronic Cigarette) and followed them. It was working great, until it just stopped. Not even 1/4 way through the "tank" of juice, and the atomizer is just not working. Doesn't get hot or anything. Battery and Passthrough working with other atomizers. Did I get a dud? Anything I can do to make it work again?

Well I let it sit for a couple of hours and its working again. Still, wtf? Is this normal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread