Cleaning wicks / coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shub

Verified Member
I need a good method for cleaning wicks, and coils... It seems like the dry burn methods work well for coils... What about boiling them for 10 minutes also....

I also tend to have problems with the wicks getting dark/black, as I sometimes vape darker/heavier VG juices.... Is there a good method without destroying them?

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Some people use an ultrasonic cleaner, I've never tried it myself. All I do is rinse with warm/hot water at the sink, dry things off somewhat with a cloth(including wicks) and dry burn. When things are real dirty(burnt on crust) I repeat the process. My coils/wicks usually last at least a couple months, I'm pretty happy with that outcome. This process has taken care of any setup I've used so far with no problems. Are you having some sorta specific problem?

ben62884

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Illinois
I use 91% isopropyl alcohol, I soak the wick and coil head for about 15 minutes after giving a good rinse with cold water. Take it out, rinse with water again, dry with paper towel and then dry burn. If it's really bad you can repeat the process if necessary. My juices are dark also and my wicks come out looking almost new again. My coils usually last over a month, using my vivi nova mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread