Status
Not open for further replies.

MariB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
Hi yall!

I'm still trying to find my way through this crazy vaping industry and understand the millions of things that I had no clue of last week. Thank you to all those who have answered my questions. I have more. :)

My kgo 1100mah is doing really well. I've tried the Vision Clearomizers as well as the Boge LR Cartomizers. I am kind of stuck in between them. The Boge cartos taste a lot better than the clearomizers to me. But I love the convenience of the clearomizers. I have children so I do not like to be fiddling with dripping and like to have all my stuff put away out of their reach. Using the clearomizers makes it easy for me since I am not vaping all that much yet, still transitioning from analogs.

Keep in mind I am still really new to this. Is there anything that offers the convenience of the clearomizers but tastes better? Maybe a different type? What about a tank? Is the purpose of a tank to be able to hold more juice or are there other benefits?

Thanks!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Generally, I think the taste of a clearomizer is better IF it is wicking right. That seem to be the most common flaw in clearomizers. So far, the best clearomizers I've found are Fluxomizers from Gotvapes. The XL size hold pretty close to what the Visions do, but I think they wick better and they're good right out of the box. No modding or pre-burning is necessary and they won't crack like the polycarbonate clearomizers. They're a 510 thread, so they'll fit an ego. The only drawback is that they do need a needle tip bottle or a syringe with a blunt needle to fill.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Ther are tanks specifically designed for the eGo. They screw down onto the threads where the cone usually fits. They might be a good option because you can use a cartomizer inside of them. The purpose of a tank is just to keep a cartomizer filled. They can be a little tricky at first because the juice from the tank is supposed to feed into a hole in the cartomizer and sometimes the hole is too small. There are two-hole cartomizers available, or you can enlarge the hole. The way they work is dependent on the thickness of the juice you're using. So you might have to experiment a little to get the juice flowing well enough to keep the cartomizer wet. Most sites that sell eGo attachments should have them .. They're made by Smoketech.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Gotvapes just got in new stardusts with the new tubes and longer wicks, haven't tried them yet, but that's another option. If you should decide to try them be aware that they also have them with the short wicks for those who prefer them. Good luck on finding what works for you.
By the way, Sailorman always gives excellent advice. ;)

MariB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
Thank you for the suggestions. Looks like I have more research to do. The new Stardusts really don't look much different, but I will watch the video when my husband isn't sleeping beside me. :p

Sailorman, are there any specific tanks you would recommend, or should I just look for a Smoketech that fits a 510?

<3

Edit: I would also like to add I vape 100% VG. Honestly, I'm chicken and am afraid to see if I'm allergic to PG or not. 0.0

Edit again: Ahh, Discountvapers has new pictures of the new Stardusts. They do look a lot better. But they are sold out.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I just tried the Phoenix clearomizers today, they are handy. I have never used a clearomizer so this was pretty cool to try them, much handier than cartos. Just fill and vape until empty. You do need to watch teh video on MadVapes to know how to fill them tho. Worth a try tho. I heard on one video the 2.4, 2.6 work better than the 2.6, 2.8. I got the later and had trouble with 2 of them but 3 worked perfectly. When they work they are fabulous. bnrk

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The only site I know right off the top of my head is Kalamazoovaporshop. You might want to google that. They're a DCT tank that looks different from all the others. I think they call it an ego DCT. If you get a look at one, you'll be able to see that it's different looking than all the other smoketech DCT tanks. It has that skirt around the bottom that threads on to where the cone goes. Any 510 tank will fit, but this one is thinner and not as unwieldy looking on the ego. I think Volcano ecig also has them, but you'll pay extra for their logo being on it.

100% VG is going to be rough with just about any kind of carto or clearomizer. Believe me, I've been there. I can't handle a lot of PG, only about 30%, but a full blown allergy is very rare. You're going to have problems getting 100% VG to go into the little hole in a cartomizer inside the tank. The Stardusts will also have a problem with it because it has to wick all the way to the top, and that's hard with a real thick juice like 100% VG. If you're having problems with a Stardust, that is most likely why. You're better off with a normal cartomizer, maybe like the Ego Mega Cartomizers.

I'll see if I can find those tanks for you, but you'll have to get a little thinner juice for any carto tank.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Just curious (I know this is the wrong place) but how are GotVapes juices?

I've had the "Yikes Stipes" and the Pineapple/Peach. It's not bad at all, especially for the price, but it's not my all time favorite either. I might order the Pineapple/Peach again, but I can probably make it myself easily enough. The "Yikes Stripes" was a bit too sweet, but it's a subjective thing. I wouldn't go out of my way just to order it, but I'd definitely vape it again.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I use stardusts & ce2's (G.V.Visions) & 100% VG juices ...It all works ...

I diy & have commercial vg juices also ...
most are pre-thinned now & I even buy my vg nic juice pre-thinned ....
so I wouldn't worry about juice thickness ...
even if you had some thick vg juice, and it wouldn't wick right...you can always thin it w/vodka or dist.water...
but I have not had to do that in quite a while now.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Hmm. Maybe I should try slight VG mix in the new Starbursts first and see how it goes. I mean, I really like them its just that I noticed how much better the Boge cartos tasted.

You should try some PG. The chances of you being allergic to it are pretty low. It's in a lot of stuff that you've already had. If you look in your kitchen, you'll probably find a bunch of it. It's probably in your toothpaste too.

That confused me a bit when you said you liked the taste of the Boge. I like Boges, but for taste they can't compare to a clearomizer. With 100%VG, I'd bet money that the problem was insufficient wicking with your stardusts. Dry or semi-dry hits will definitely taste worse than a Boge. CE2 based clearos, like the stardusts, have issues wicking in general sometimes. With 100%VG, that's just more than they can handle. I never had good luck with them until I started using 30% PG.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I use stardusts & ce2's (G.V.Visions) & 100% VG juices ...It all works ...

I diy & have commercial vg juices also ...
most are pre-thinned now & I even buy my vg nic juice pre-thinned ....
so I wouldn't worry about juice thickness ...
even if you had some thick vg juice, and it wouldn't wick right...you can always thin it w/vodka or dist.water...
but I have not had to do that in quite a while now.

I hadn't even though of pre-thinned 100% VG. When I made my own, it was very thick unless I added about 10% vodka. Then I had to adjust the flavorings and nicotine. The only commercial 100% VG I used was Dekang, and was thick as molasses.

Unless there was some reason to suspect an allergy, I'd still go with some PG. Adding water will dilute the flavor as well as the nicotine. Plus, PG doesn't mute the flavor the way VG does, and it doesn't gunk up the coils as bad as VG.

Last edited:

shellcr

May 17, 2012
Australia
Thank you for the suggestions. Looks like I have more research to do. The new Stardusts really don't look much different, but I will watch the video when my husband isn't sleeping beside me. :p

Sailorman, are there any specific tanks you would recommend, or should I just look for a Smoketech that fits a 510?

<3

Edit: I would also like to add I vape 100% VG. Honestly, I'm chicken and am afraid to see if I'm allergic to PG or not. 0.0

Edit again: Ahh, Discountvapers has new pictures of the new Stardusts. They do look a lot better. But they are sold out.

CAREFUL THE stardust tanks aren,t warm to vape and Taste very plasticky. I bought 6 and they just sit there. I only use the smoketech tanks with changeable crank cartomisers...very rm, tasty vape..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread