• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Clone DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucryj

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
SEA
So with the 18650 configuration.You can't just use the USB charger to charge?Must take out and use our standard li-on charger right?

I believe most dna 30 mods come with the usb charger. So its up to you really! Most of the time I just change out the battery when I get back. Otherwise, its usb charger.

I'm not OP though.. So i can't say for all dna users >_<

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Just FYI, the AW IMR 18650 2000mah and the 1600mah are 2 VERY different beasts. The former has a 10A max continuous discharge and the latter has a 24A max continuous discharge.

If you're not subohming and staying in the 10-15 watts region, the 2000mah works great.

For a DNA30 mod, don't even bother with the 2000mah one if you're looking to vape at more than 18watts and even more so if you're subohming. The voltage sag renders it useless after an hour of use, and you'll never get to fully utilize all 2000mah.

Also between built in lipo and 18650, choose the latter.

Lipo typically have a very high discharge capacity. You'll find that if you compare a li-ion cell (like the aw IMR) with a lipo cell, for the same capacity (mAh), a lipo will last a bit longer. BUT:

1) lipos are very prone to internal shorts caused by drops.

2) cheap lipos (which we expect to be used in the clones) will probably have a life cycle of maybe 300 to 400 full discharges. Once it's done, you pretty much just have a nice aluminum paper weight.

3) most of the dna30 mods (clone or not) feature the onboard mini USB charging port, allowing you to use it as a pass through, aka you can charge the 18650 batt inside, and also use it at the same time.

4) with a lipo, if you're out and run outta battery, you're tough outta luck. With a 18650, you still have he option of bringing a spare and swapping it out

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shinb0

Mar 21, 2014
in my own world.
Woah..great answer.

So what would be the best battery if I am looking to vape at 30watt all the way.

Sony VTC5? They are hands down the best batt out there with continuous discharge of 30A. The Efest one is also ok with pulsed discharge of 35A. Man you guys are making me itchy. Need to scratch the itch soon.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Woah..great answer.

So what would be the best battery if I am looking to vape at 30watt all the way.

The sony vtc5 is probably the best right now. The vtc4 is still a really good battery though. That aside, the purple Efest 2500mah is pretty good too! However it's either 22 or 20A max continuous discharge. Which is still very safe even if you push a 0.5 ohm coil at 30watts.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread