Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
My clone story. I bought a couple "real" kayfun lights from intaste.de ... was/am very pleased with them. I got curious. I went to madvapes and bought a "clone", an ehpro kfl. I paid about $30 less for it than I did the "real" ones. Once I got it home and got it setup I wasn't happy. The air hole was way too small... golf ball through a rubber hose small. It was pretty much unvapable. I hate to think what would happen if a new vaper had bought this device. I drilled out the air hole and it now vapes just like the real ones. It has since been sold.

When I first got into genesis attys a few years ago I started out with the vulcan.. which was a DID clone. It was so crappy that it was dangerous. I bought the real thing and was/am very happy with it.

I'm not so much against clones... just crappy stuff. But I am definitely against clones having the original logos on them. I haven't bought anything recently so I don't know how much things have improved but from what I've read and experienced... buying clones is a crap shoot. You may get something good or you may get something that has to be modded to work.

I don't have a whole lot. I'd rather have a few nice pieces than a bunch of junk. With that being said.. I have a friend who bought a kfl from fasttech. I set it up for him. It doesn't have a "high end" look and feel but it vapes nice.

Last edited:

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
Someone starts a thread about this a minimum of once a week on this forum. Or someone gets mad when someone posts on an authentic thread who has a clone. I wish everyone here would just be polite about it. If its a clone problem, then yes, it may not be the right thread, but it makes me roll my eyes that we have to have two threads on everything to discuss builds. Some poor people here have to repeatedly post their builds on two threads (and I thank those who do for taking all that time to do so).

I don't know why we all have to constantly go at each other about the same issue everyday. We each have our feelings about it and expressing those opinions constantly gets annoying to me.

By the way, I have both :D
Great Points. Why don`t we all focus of staying off of analogs, and figth the Public bans and tax proposals? That is what`s really important to us all.

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
You have your opinion on clones and I have my opinion on them.How many Kayfun clone threads have you read about junk Kayfuns? Yes, I know you do your research before buying, but what about the 1000's who have issues and we both know there have been many issues. They look the same and may work the same but the quality is by no means the same. You already know how I feel about copying the name and logo's and selling them as if they were SvoeMesto's. Clone it and put your own name on it and don't post about any problems you may have showing pictures of a clone with SvoeMesto written all over it.

Did you know a Kayfun V4 clone was sold on the classified ads here as being real. The person who bought it paid $150.00.

I believe you owned one. I don't understand how the one button menu is a issue. It is so easy to get to the section of the menu you want in a few seconds. I have two 2.5's and the P3 and no problem with a single button. You were getting exact voltage every time you pressed the fire button. The Provari would have lasted you years and since you sold one for the same price I do find that a bit hard to swallow. They hold their value better than any mod but not retail price or even discontinued will return 100%.

BTW I have no issues with you at all.

In many cases, the clones are better than the originals. And the swoemesto are designed by russians. It`s very likely that they have just sold it to other manufacturers too. How could they cloned a few days after the kayfun 4 where out? And there have been issues With the genuine ones too. It`s ridiculess to ask for 180 dollars for an atty.And it`s insane to ask for 300 for a zna. But as long as People are stupid enough to pay it, they will do it.

Reactions: ShelaghDB

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
I really don't get why they put the name and markings on these clones in the first place. Wouldn't it be less work leaving them blank???

That is because for an asian, it is a shame to carry a cheaper Product. It`s a question of shame and honour. Like muslims in a way. They come from a totally different culture, ad believe us in western countrys feel the same way. It`s up to the vendors to not sell them as Authentics, then they become counterfeits. If they are sold cheaper, they are just clones.
Read these review http://vapingcheap.com/zero-modz-clone-review/
,take a look at the genuine zero mod, and tell me it`s not a clone of the champion mod? And the zero mod, is at least 400 dollars. And you have to wait at least one and a hlf year to get one. Carlos can`t meat demands iff he stands on his head for the rest of his lfe

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
That's about how I See It.

And you would have done that to, if you where from a 3rd world country and had children who have been hungry since the day they where born, and you have no chance of getting a job elsewhere. The vendors i western countries are the ones who are responcible for not selling them as Authentics.

It`s sad that vapers have this conversations att all. We should consentrate on not smoking, and to stand together against baning and taxes. never mind what you vaping on, just stay away from te analogs and it`s all good,no?

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I find it fascinating when "american companies" talk about loyalty and complain about "knock offs" while they ship jobs to china and many of their products are made in the same factory as the clones and knock offs.their are a lot of fake products out there and as a newbie I have already learned about fake batteries. fortunately the seller gave me a refund but if a product works well then where its made or what name it carries does not matter. as a newbie I am more interested in getting some thing that works well for the cheapest price. I think new members here would be better served but discussions of how well or poorly products work. there is enough politics with politicians using bad science to advocate for new taxes and bans that would only discourage people from using vapes in an effort to quite smoking

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
Everybody who has bought clones knows some are good and some are just downright garbage.

All my regulated devices are authentics(pretty cheap to begin with) all my mechs are clones and half my rda/rtas are clones. Some im happy with and other werent worth the shipping.

My favorite mech I have is an AmoD SMPL with an Orchid V4. Its pretty hard to screw up a SMPL no matter how cheap you go. The worst clone I have is a Penny, the switch and top connections are so loose and constinantly need adjustmen, when its right its a beast, but its wrong alot more. Also my FUhattan and Nemesis(HCigar) are both top notch clones.

If I had the funds to only buy authentics I would, but at this time it wouldnt be a smart decision. I also like collecting stuff and even though they are "fake" I still like to display my mechs right next to my reg. devices. Granted Im pretty much the only 1 who see them.

Reactions: EZinTN

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
I'm talking about the Fogger, the Lemo, the Kanger Sub Tanks, the UD Goblin, the HCigar Evolv DNA 40, etc., etc. You don't have to spend $200 anymore to get a decent authentic device!

Yeah, but you mentioned clones coming down in price then listed a bunch of cheaper authentics.

Authentic Mechs mechs and Attyd are stilL crazy expensive to most of us.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I dont care either way I spend just as much on real gear as I do china.

Sometimes I get tired of waiting for the real deal to restock then entering the f5 races.

Sometimes china just doesnt have what im looking for in style or features

I like supporting the designers but for example after 5 months I got tired of waiting for a real brass nemi. But I did own a real 69.

Sometimes like with some of the drippers im not paying 100 bucks for the same 5 dollar pushed in pin crap build of a clone cause of a fancy logo on the cap.

In other cases I had a kayfun before anyone ever heard of them even before the 3.1 became popular, long b4 china even had any decent clones of anything and will continue to support SM
china still hasnt cloned the megatrons, my fav hybrid and 510 genni

I say do what you want and quit worrying about other peoples opinions, im sure quality mod makers will always have business.

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I dont care either way I spend just as much on real gear as I do china.

Sometimes I get tired of waiting for the real deal to restock then entering the f5 races.

Sometimes china just doesnt have what im looking for in style or features

I like supporting the designers but for example after 5 months I got tired of waiting for a real brass nemi. But I did own a real 69.

Sometimes like with some of the drippers im not paying 100 bucks for the same 5 dollar pushed in pin crap build of a clone cause of a fancy logo on the cap.

In other cases I had a kayfun before anyone ever heard of them even before the 3.1 became popular, long b4 china even had any decent clones of anything and will continue to support SM
china still hasnt cloned the megatrons, my fav hybrid and 510 genni

I say do what you want and quit worrying about other peoples opinions, im sure quality mod makers will always have business.
A QZI Megatron? Shoot, I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world that bought one of those things.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I got the mod the 510 atty the hybrid atty and even the hybrid dripper
Going to have the dripper cap modified in a machine shop I like the idea of a screw on cap just a bit too big though.

the atty is 20x1 threaded and looking for a paaps to throw it on The only thing I think is the button is kinda hokey but still works well, but adding a 20x1 threaded button like something off a paaps clone should leave room for a kick:D

I watched hill giants review of the hybrid and went wooooow look at the fog from that geni and it still tastes awesome foggin out like that.
20150225_161232.jpg
20150225_161805.jpg
20150225_162130.jpg

Thats why I say buy whay you like, get a few awesome setups and you dont care about the atty of the week anymore clone or authentic

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yeah, but you mentioned clones coming down in price then listed a bunch of cheaper authentics.

Authentic Mechs mechs and Attyd are stilL crazy expensive to most of us.

The good thing now is that authentic devices have started to come way down in price. It's getting to the point where it may no longer be advantageous to buy a clone.

Don't people read any more? Where did I say the price of clones are coming down? This is pretty easy to understand. Why buy a cheap knock off clone of the Kayfun 4 for $35 when you can buy an authentic Lemo, Goblin, or Fogger for the same price or less? If you're really stuck on using a Kayfun then buy the authentic for $175. It's not like you have to use clones! You do have have a choice.

Crazy expensive? Really? Authentic mechanical and regulated mods are also in abundance for ~ $100 or less.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
The logo has nothing to do with it... I guarantee it

Guarantee it? How do you explain it where on FastTech you have basically two identical devices, one with a logo and one without a logo, and generally the logo version will sell equally well if not better than the logo-less version?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread