Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I am curious about the taste of a melted insulator. Tasty? I heard it has a toxic taste.

View attachment 427253

Ditto, and by the way, that was an authentic.

Also, it appears that the "Warning, Kanger" thread helped over twenty thousand people, got a comeback to that? Maybe we should head "outside" with this thread, it ain't gonna change.[/QUOTE]

>20K views, not 20K posts. By the way, It makes me feel good to help people.

Care to explain? A view is not helping people. It's a click.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Duplicate

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I doubt it was Vape related at all.

counterfeit vape gear was probably just part of the illegal counterfeit goods they offer ... funny how folks are cool with buying counterfeit goods but chicken out when it comes to counterfeit money.

it's all the same in the illegal counterfeit game ... it's all meant to deceive honest people.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I'm not sure those were tax dollars spent wisely. An assault team was probably going overboard if this is a B&M like any around here. A few agents with a search warrant would probably have sufficed :?:

They are in NYC the main target for terrorists and counterfeit items are money makers for them. Are we forgetting this is Homeland security.

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Enough !

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I need to find a clear polycarbonate tank for my KF4's. I kind of like to see all the inside of it. I over heated one of mine trying to make it clear instead of frosted. I ordered a couple from Fasttech for back-ups but want to get one sooner. Anyone know who sells them in the US?.

Tobecco? Try evcigarettes.com

I just bought some Lemo and UD parts from them, and thought I saw Tobecco k 4 stuff.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Yeah, exactly. Most murderers don't warrant such force when arrested.

But, yeah, if we're talking vape gear, I need to disagree about this being a good use of tax dollars.
That swat team-like picture is a stock picture found all over the Internet and is being used by the reporting website to sensationalize the story.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
That's good to know. I was like, is this a vape shop or a money laundering front business?

Has anyone seen any further info?
Well, I certainly wouldn't be believing anything from vapeaboutit.com. ;)
Vapers seem to think themselves so above it all, but from what I've seen they're just as capable of brainwashing and being brainwashed as anybody else, maybe more so.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, I certainly wouldn't be believing anything from vapeaboutit.com. ;)
Vapers seem to think themselves so above it all, but from what I've seen they're just as capable of brainwashing and being brainwashed as anybody else, maybe more so.

I haven't checked again, but so far that's the only report I've seen. I admit, I'm no longer a news junky. I'm depressed enough about my illness and loss of my career. Shortly after having to retire, there was a news story about some woman putting her baby in the microwave. That was pretty much it for me, and I rarely watch or read news now.

Reactions: schatz

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I haven't checked again, but so far that's the only report I've seen. I admit, I'm no longer a news junky. I'm depressed enough about my illness and loss of my career. Shortly after having to retire, there was a news story about some woman putting her baby in the microwave. That was pretty much it for me, and I rarely watch or read news now.

I am with ya Rox, I don't watch the news at all .. I have to protect what little faith I have left in live on this planet. Reading this thread didn't help either :laugh: :cry:

Reactions: schatz

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I need to find a clear polycarbonate tank for my KF4's. I kind of like to see all the inside of it. I over heated one of mine trying to make it clear instead of frosted. I ordered a couple from Fasttech for back-ups but want to get one sooner. Anyone know who sells them in the US?.
Yes, like roxynoodle suggested, evcigatettes has them for $3.99 each.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Clones are theft

For the same of an argument, I don't buy that theory.
Gilead, a company that has recently, as of 2 years ago come out with a lifesaving drug for Hepatitis C Victims. The price is astronimcal. $55,000 for a 12 week course of treatment. Doctors in the medical field are in an uproar. Thousands are dying worldwide due to the abnormally high cost of this drug. No one can afford it unless they have a lot of money since only a small number of patients only require 12 weeks.
The medical field has tried to intervene but Gilead claims, hell, we invented it, it cost us money, etc.
Patients that are poor or on welfare plans are denied it as are most Private Plans. Only the wealthy with expensive plans are covered.
Meanwhile they are gauging Westerners and giving it away almost free in countries such as Africa. Egyptians for some reason can get the 12-week treatment for $900. Yes, thats $54,300 less than everyone else.
Meanwhile, people are dying daily the world over!
The Medical Association is working with other companies to bring a drug to market that will cure people, at a reasonable rate. A "clone" of Gilead's drug, Sovaldi.

Apparently the last time a company pulled this trick of gauging, it was with HIV patients. We know how many died in the first wave of the 1980s.

I can promise you that if your child came down with Hep C or you wouldn't hesitate to get ahold of whatever "cloned" medication existed, in order to save his/her life.
Extreme example?
Perhaps but its all relative.
If I needed that drug, I'd be extremely grateful for the "cloned" medication.

I just found out that these Kayfuns were that expensive. Never looked into them before but i would not hesitate to buy a cheap clone if only to see IF i liked it. If I loved it i would then consider the $200 purchase but not sure.
In many cases, the clones are better than the originals. And the swoemesto are designed by russians. It`s very likely that they have just sold it to other manufacturers too. How could they cloned a few days after the kayfun 4 where out? And there have been issues With the genuine ones too. It`s ridiculess to ask for 180 dollars for an atty.And it`s insane to ask for 300 for a zna. But as long as People are stupid enough to pay it, they will do it.

Can someone please suggest the BEST known clone on FT IF such a clone exists? But as ask this I really want one that works as close to the original as possible for i have never tried one.
I have bought enough attys that I dont like and am not willing to put out yet another $200 for an item I may hate.

If it helps to point me to the right one, still learning rebuilding. Not yet mastering coils on the Delta II that don't have a dry hit but have experienced, what I conider to be fantastic taste on the Delta II EVEN only at 23-25, rather than higher at 30-40 and am not into clouds.
If someone can point me in the right direction and oh, preferably, one that doesnt have to take tools to to make better.
Have seen the $15 make one thread which is an option but IF i can get one that is equal to the real one, than at least I would know if I wanted to either spend $200 IF i loved it that much or not?
If considered "uncool" to do so, feel free to PM me :)

T.I.A.

EDIT:

Looking on FT and i dont see such a clone. Where do you buy them? I would have to buy either from China or a store in Toronto??

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
For the same of an argument, I don't buy that theory.
Gilead, a company that has recently, as of 2 years ago come out with a lifesaving drug for Hepatitis C Victims. The price is astronimcal. $55,000 for a 12 week course of treatment. Doctors in the medical field are in an uproar. Thousands are dying worldwide due to the abnormally high cost of this drug. No one can afford it unless they have a lot of money since only a small number of patients only require 12 weeks.
The medical field has tried to intervene but Gilead claims, hell, we invented it, it cost us money, etc.
Patients that are poor or on welfare plans are denied it as are most Private Plans. Only the wealthy with expensive plans are covered.
Meanwhile they are gauging Westerners and giving it away almost free in countries such as Africa. Egyptians for some reason can get the 12-week treatment for $900. Yes, thats $54,300 less than everyone else.
Meanwhile, people are dying daily the world over!
The Medical Association is working with other companies to bring a drug to market that will cure people, at a reasonable rate. A "clone" of Gilead's drug, Sovaldi.

Apparently the last time a company pulled this trick of gauging, it was with HIV patients. We know how many died in the first wave of the 1980s.

I can promise you that if your child came down with Hep C or you wouldn't hesitate to get ahold of whatever "cloned" medication existed, in order to save his/her life.
Extreme example?
Perhaps but its all relative.
If I needed that drug, I'd be extremely grateful for the "cloned" medication.

I just found out that these Kayfuns were that expensive. Never looked into them before but i would not hesitate to buy a cheap clone if only to see IF i liked it. If I loved it i would then consider the $200 purchase but not sure.

Can someone please suggest the BEST known clone on FT IF such a clone exists? But as ask this I really want one that works as close to the original as possible for i have never tried one.
I have bought enough attys that I dont like and am not willing to put out yet another $200 for an item I may hate.

If it helps to point me to the right one, still learning rebuilding. Not yet mastering coils on the Delta II that don't have a dry hit but have experienced, what I conider to be fantastic taste on the Delta II EVEN only at 23-25, rather than higher at 30-40 and am not into clouds.
If someone can point me in the right direction and oh, preferably, one that doesnt have to take tools to to make better.
Have seen the $15 make one thread which is an option but IF i can get one that is equal to the real one, than at least I would know if I wanted to either spend $200 IF i loved it that much or not?
If considered "uncool" to do so, feel free to PM me :)

T.I.A.

EDIT:

Looking on FT and i dont see such a clone. Where do you buy them? I would have to buy either from China or a store in Toronto??
I have 2 Kayfun V4's that are perfect, made by Tobeco. Got mine on eBay for $21.50 each. If you want to try these, I'd suggest the Tobeco one

Reactions: ShelaghDB

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Extreme example?

I'm not trying to start any argument or debate here;but, to answer the question....yes.
huge difference between a medication that can save your life and an item that is both not necessity to love; and has several less expensive alternatives.

and I say that as someone with a medical issue that requires daily adaptive technology and multiple medications, .

however, I am one who buys a clone to test and then buys the authentic; so, I'm not disagreeing on what your position is clones; just, saying your comparison is off in my opinion.

on to your atty issue. I've heard good thong about both the tobeco and infinite.
however, if you like the Subtank odds are you wilL not like the kayfun...any kayfun.
might I suggest the lemo2, similar build, MUCHO more airflow and mucho more vapor production. Best part is its mucho more cheaper at 35$ vapordna has them in stock

Last edited:

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
well I guess I will speak on clones, I have only been Vaping a few months. I bought a nautilaus mini because I heard it was great I could not get the darn thing to work , it leaked it spit it did everything but vape . I continued to use a little evod tank on my eleaf 20 watt Istick THEN one day I bought a new batch of coils and low and behold the nautilaus mini became a trooper I use it constantly.

my next purchase was a kayfun 4 I paid 57.00 dollars I didn't know it was a clone I didn't even realize clones existed -well problem is after I finally figured out how to make a coil and even had it glow a time or two and managed to flood the kayfun4 I am unable to get it back to even close to working is this because the gear is bad or because I am too new to even know what I am doing. had I known it was a clone I would not have bought it-why not-because if it wasn't working I would be pretty certain it is my inexperience and not the equipment. But then again I doubt I would put out a couple of hundred dollars for a piece of equipment I am too green to use. and last but not least I am way to inexperienced to recognize an authentic piece from the real thing- still I do wish the fellow would have told me it was a clone-I guess all the buying and selling helps someone's economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread