Not open for further replies.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Does that include Forum Suppliers that are on the forums? Some Suppliers sell counterfits also, I know since I just got one in the mail
and it's Garbage!! Poor workmanship Thought I was getting a clone but nope its a counterfeit

No this is for Classifieds and Co-ops only-

We pull them off daily.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
The people that run the forum have absolute authority to define the word "counterfeit" (or do anything else they want for that matter) within the confines of this forum...I don't personally agree with the forum's self-imposed, sweeping definition (in cases where the original maker doesn't hold a patent on a design or a trademark of a logo), but I realize that my opinion on ECF and 50 cents will get me a phone call....just sayin'....

It just adds another level of issues we have to deal with in classifieds.

You can buy them from vendors, that's up to you. Just can't be sold on our classifieds.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Afaik, the Provari is made in house and the ELA by Super T. Do you have information of other american mechs that are made in the USA? Because if they're not then they're not providing any jobs. I also find it interesting that the Provari or the ELA haven't been cloned yet. But the Nemesis, Chi You, King and others have. The Provari is highly popular and the ELA is well known. Surely China must know about both of these mods.

It's my belief that the work for many mods is subbed out to China. This is why China can copy these mods so well. Do you really believe that someone in China is going to the trouble of waiting to buy the mods that have been cloned?

That would be because they covered themselves with the necessary patents required... I think you can throw REOs in that mix as well...

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
That would be because they covered themselves with the necessary patents required... I think you can throw REOs in that mix as well...

I just went to the USPTO web site and nothing come up in a search for a patent on the Provari. Do you hapoen to have a patent number? The company's name doesn't come up in their search engine either.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY

sdogre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Calgary, Canada/ Kenedy,Texas
Came across this today

Dear Retailers, We have become aware that a Chinese manufacturer by the name of Shenzhen Hcigar Technology Co., Ltd. (Hcigar) has been illegally manufacturing and distributing low quality clones of the Surefire Vapor King mod to international retailers. Such actions are in violation of the intellectual property rights held by Surefire Vapor, LLC. Furthermore, these actions unlawfully damage our company’s reputation, and hurt consumers by claiming that these inferior clones are equivalent to genuine Surefire Vapor products. Our legal team is taking immediate action to combat this problem with the intent of full legal prosecution of all parties involved, including the manufacturer, as well as all those involved in distributing these counterfeit products. Part of this action includes the use of under-cover private investigators to collect evidence of such illegal activities. Manufacturers and distributors of counterfeit products are guilty under civil law BPC 14245, which states that those who manufacture, use, distribute, display or sell goods with a counterfeit or copy of another’s trademark, may be subject to monetary penalties, injunctions, and property seizures. PEN 350 also provides that, for such activity, one is also subject to criminal prosecution, which carries a penalty fine of $10,000, and/or one year in prison; as well forfeiture of all proceeds. The federal statute “Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2008” cover broader acts of intellectual property piracy, and carry even heavier penalties. The department of justice has been cracking down on counterfeiting and piracy in recent months, and are actively seeking and prosecuting all parties involved in such activities. We are providing this information as a first and final warning to ultimately protect you from civil and criminal liability, because we highly value our retail partners. Our aim is to continue our mutually-beneficial relationships, and maintain a high standard for the vaping industry. In order to do so, we at Surefire Vapor LLC, have decided to take clear and immediate action to eliminate further damage to our brand reputation. Please help us protect you, and our company from the damages of counterfeiting and piracy by boycotting Surefire Vapor clones, as well as all other clones of high end personal vaping devices. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, The Surefire Vapor Team

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
The butters real. The cats a clone.

Clearly the pancakes are cloned. look at that stack.
more importantly- notice how the kitty enjoys the pancake, oblivious to the fact it is a clone of the one below it.
He simply enjoys it and doesn't care otherwise. Dare I say that we could all learn a thing or two from kitty here?

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Just a reminder here on the forum-

Unacceptable
Counterfeit - An exact replica of original device. This would include, logos and/or any markings in which the original device contains.

Acceptable
Clone - This is a device that may appear similar, with similar functionality, but does not contain any of the same markings.

From here out, no counterfeit device will be allowed to be sold/traded/wanted in the ECF Classifieds nor will these devices be considered for a CO-OP.

Caridwen, I've wanted to ask, and figured I'd do it here. Let's say that someone had a device that they wanted to sell or trade that was, as purchased, a counterfeit, but modified it to remove all logos/engravings. For example, a Nemesis copy that was completely sanded down smooth.

Would something along those lines be acceptable?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Came across this today

Dear Retailers, We have become aware that a Chinese manufacturer by the name of Shenzhen Hcigar Technology Co., Ltd. (Hcigar) has been illegally manufacturing and distributing low quality clones of the Surefire Vapor King mod to international retailers. Such actions are in violation of the intellectual property rights held by Surefire Vapor, LLC. Furthermore, these actions unlawfully damage our company’s reputation, and hurt consumers by claiming that these inferior clones are equivalent to genuine Surefire Vapor products. Our legal team is taking immediate action to combat this problem with the intent of full legal prosecution of all parties involved, including the manufacturer, as well as all those involved in distributing these counterfeit products. Part of this action includes the use of under-cover private investigators to collect evidence of such illegal activities. Manufacturers and distributors of counterfeit products are guilty under civil law BPC 14245, which states that those who manufacture, use, distribute, display or sell goods with a counterfeit or copy of another’s trademark, may be subject to monetary penalties, injunctions, and property seizures. PEN 350 also provides that, for such activity, one is also subject to criminal prosecution, which carries a penalty fine of $10,000, and/or one year in prison; as well forfeiture of all proceeds. The federal statute “Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2008” cover broader acts of intellectual property piracy, and carry even heavier penalties. The department of justice has been cracking down on counterfeiting and piracy in recent months, and are actively seeking and prosecuting all parties involved in such activities. We are providing this information as a first and final warning to ultimately protect you from civil and criminal liability, because we highly value our retail partners. Our aim is to continue our mutually-beneficial relationships, and maintain a high standard for the vaping industry. In order to do so, we at Surefire Vapor LLC, have decided to take clear and immediate action to eliminate further damage to our brand reputation. Please help us protect you, and our company from the damages of counterfeiting and piracy by boycotting Surefire Vapor clones, as well as all other clones of high end personal vaping devices. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, The Surefire Vapor Team

So they are claiming legal action and don't have a patent or trademark registered... Interesting...

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Poldiacs (yes there is a clone but it really is not) and the roller I wonder if they have covered themselves as well.

In my mind these two mods prove which ones are actually made in china and which ones are not,, while they have copies now they dont comapre at all to the originals, the only people who will fall for these two being real are someone who has never seen a real one, MMVapors and Atmizoo have nothing to worry about if this is the best copies they can come up with.

Camaroboi13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
San Bernardino, CA, USA
Came across this today

Dear Retailers, We have become aware that a Chinese manufacturer by the name of Shenzhen Hcigar Technology Co., Ltd. (Hcigar) has been illegally manufacturing and distributing low quality clones of the Surefire Vapor King mod to international retailers. Such actions are in violation of the intellectual property rights held by Surefire Vapor, LLC. Furthermore, these actions unlawfully damage our company’s reputation, and hurt consumers by claiming that these inferior clones are equivalent to genuine Surefire Vapor products.

No, what's ruining your reputation is charging 230 plus dollars for a metal tube and being out of stock everywhere. Unless proven otherwise, I hightly doubt that HCigar is "claiming that these inferior clones are equivalent to genuine Surefire Vapor products." Jeez, get real :facepalm:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
No, what's ruining your reputation is charging 230 plus dollars for a metal tube and being out of stock everywhere. Unless proven otherwise, I hightly doubt that HCigar is "claiming that these inferior clones are equivalent to genuine Surefire Vapor products." Jeez, get real :facepalm:

Why put the logos and serials on them then?

They used to make "inspired by" mods like the sigelei pick-a-number, now they make actual clones with the logos. It's either that or so people can fulfill some strange fetish of owning counterfeit stuff.

It's hilarious that people on here think it's silly that people who create things don't want others to steal their work and produce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread