Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Well I'll tell you that my experience with the Hobo-X dna200 with a 900mah battery was about 3 hours vaping at 50-60 watts, before it died. So it may be a wonderful vape while the battery lasts, I can't hang with a mod that I have to stop using in that small amount of timeframe. If you could just pop the battery out and stick a fully charged one in, then it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but it's very frustrating when you have to stop using a mod so you can recharge it. Someone needs to figure out a quick-change method so you can just bring a couple extra batteries and a bottle of juice when you leave for work in the morning.

My efusion mini has a sliding door with a removable lipo pack, they sell extras as well. They also just launched the Efusion Duo 133 that has a removable dual 18650 battery tray as well as removable lipo. Obviously not squonkers but if you don't mind using a tank or dripper on the go until the LBC is available it's not a bad way to go.

Tom, I'll send you an email for your address in a little bit. I'm shipping the EVOLve to you today.

Reactions: Kentastic

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Single battery mods won't do it for me. I have a 75W, a 60W and a 50W in single battery and they just don't have the oomph to power up a good build sufficiently. Slow to heat, and the battery life is terrible. Even on my triple 18650 RX200's, while the power is there to kick off anything well, I have to pull them after an 8 hour day of off and on vaping. A lipo of sufficient size would really be the ticket to longer vape time on a charge. But, I would also like to see someone come up with a means of a quick disconnect to pull out the battery and put another one in. Of course, there is the charging problem trying to get the depleted one charged.

Speaking of which! That's cool, someone did it!
My efusion mini has a sliding door with a removable lipo pack, they sell extras as well. They also just launched the Efusion Duo 133 that has a removable dual 18650 battery tray as well as removable lipo. Obviously not squonkers but if you don't mind using a tank or dripper on the go until the LBC is available it's not a bad way to go.

Tom, I'll send you an email for your address in a little bit. I'm shipping the EVOLve to you today.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Single battery mods won't do it for me. I have a 75W, a 60W and a 50W in single battery and they just don't have the oomph to power up a good build sufficiently. Slow to heat, and the battery life is terrible. Even on my triple 18650 RX200's, while the power is there to kick off anything well, I have to pull them after an 8 hour day of off and on vaping. A lipo of sufficient size would really be the ticket to longer vape time on a charge. But, I would also like to see someone come up with a means of a quick disconnect to pull out the battery and put another one in. Of course, there is the charging problem trying to get the depleted one charged.

Speaking of which! That's cool, someone did it!

There's also the Hotcig DNA 200, the first batch had questionable quality but supposedly the V2 has been improved, it has a hot swap battery. Personally I've done like Tom suggested & have two DNA 200 devices to alternate while charging.

The point to all this off topic ramble is that lipo's are the future, in every way except for size (at the moment at least) It's a viable solution for our power needs. I can't wait to see what the Cam-R ends up being as battery technology advances.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I'm all for LiPos as long as they are swappable. It's not that I want to invest in a charger and multiple LiPos to carry with me during the day because I will keep the stock battery in the mod and charge it via the USB. No, I want to be able to swap out the battery once it no longer holds a charge so I'm not stuck with a $200 paper weight. I'll do like fish and Chowder and have multiple LiPo mods.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
No problem on the Mikro. Personally I find it ideal to have 2 LBCs so you can trade back and forth. And for the record at 50-60 watts it takes me 2 8.5ml bottles to drain one battery, compare that to what you wish.
Chowder, will the LBC have the option to swap batteries? Maybe you can have an optional additional battery and charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDigital99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
New Hampshire, United States
I'm all for LiPos as long as they are swappable. It's not that I want to invest in a charger and multiple LiPos to carry with me during the day because I will keep the stock battery in the mod and charge it via the USB. No, I want to be able to swap out the battery once it no longer holds a charge so I'm not stuck with a $200 paper weight. I'll do like fish and Chowder and have multiple LiPo mods.
I totally agree... I guess I will have to get my soldering skills back up to speed, so I can replace my LiPo's when necessary.. I have to say the pack Chowder choose for the LBC prototype is holding up very well

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Well I'll tell you that my experience with the Hobo-X dna200 with a 900mah battery was about 3 hours vaping at 50-60 watts, before it died. So it may be a wonderful vape while the battery lasts, I can't hang with a mod that I have to stop using in that small amount of timeframe. If you could just pop the battery out and stick a fully charged one in, then it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but it's very frustrating when you have to stop using a mod so you can recharge it. Someone needs to figure out a quick-change method so you can just bring a couple extra batteries and a bottle of juice when you leave for work in the morning.
Sounds like a weak cell to me. Mine is 950 and easily 8 hours.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The problem with swappable lipo cells is the connectors. I have yet to find a way to make the balancing connectors or the power connectors work reliably; I have yet to see a lipo Mod that hot swaps. I have found a few 2 cell batteries that use plug in connections that would work well but the battery alone is bigger than the entire LBC. If you want a 2 day mod that's hot swappable and the size of a BMI Bigger I could do that. My goal with the LBC to make a dna200 Squonker that was pocketable and as small as possible for the masses. If you desire hot swappable perhaps the 2x 18650 concept would be better for you.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I totally agree... I guess I will have to get my soldering skills back up to speed, so I can replace my LiPo's when necessary.. I have to say the pack Chowder choose for the LBC prototype is holding up very well

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
That is the same pack that will be installed into the production version. I could have shrunken the the LBC 1 more millimeter by using the fullymax cell but I have no confidence in it. The reason so many other companies swear by the fullymax cell is that evolv warranties them so they are out nothing when they fail. The likelyhood of me being able to rma mine back to Turnigy is highly unlikely but I prefer the Turnigy.

Reactions: inspects

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Re: dna75

the only one I've seen was a single 26650 mod.
See that might be ok with the extended charge capacity of the 26650 although that combination is still 1mm longer and 6mm fatter than the combination I'm using on the LBC. I will probably look into doing a Maximus shaped Squonker with a 26650 and the dna75 next but that will be months off.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Tom, I just shipped the Evolve RDA to you. Take your time with it & let me know what you think of it. I've really been enjoying it, there's just something about it that I really like, hopefully you feel the same. I'm sure it's going to be awesome once you work your magic on it!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Tom, what's the LBC charge rate?? Thanx!!

all dna200s are 1amp with the exception of the Vapor shark models. They are 2amp.

Vaporshark did a large order of a modified PCB to facilitate the 2 amp charging.

Correct... I'm told the board had to be physically modified to do 2a charging, it's not just a firmware flash.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
The battery on my cam r is great lasts me most of the day . The drive to work all shift and the way home , by the time I get home it is usually at 25 to 30% so I throw it on charge while I get my morning nap and it's good when I get up to get my son from school about 2 1/2 hours. Run it at 65 watts normally.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread