[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosteye

Jun 14, 2009
I always place my coils as close to airflow as I can without blocking it. This one does happen to have a slight tilt to it and lowered, but probably not as much as ghosteye has it.

I'm going to try some slanted coils in my Chinardas, but I do 5-6 wraps, SS, 36/26 claptons, 3mm, with bent legs so I can get the coil in centered. I lower the coil so I can see the bottom 1/3 to 1/4 of the coil through the air slots. Split wick.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I've been using 24ga 316L ss, 7/64 bit (2.78mm), 6/7 wraps, slanted. I lower my coil such that the lowest part of the coil is about halfway down the air hole level. I actually find that both the flavor and vapor density is off the charts. I've been thinking of widening the airholes on my top cap; it seems to be a hair smaller than the hole on the deck itself.

Side note, I'm inclined to think that 316 SS truly shines in single coil mode. I'm back to my standard 26ga kanthal build for all duals (I think Tom uses the same build can't rmb). But damn. 24ga SS gives me super good flavor, vapor density and heats up real fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
watched a vid on the oatty and that positive seems like it moved a bit when he was tightening it.id say be careful with it and itll probly be fine.some folks are way to aggresive when tightrning thier screws...imho anyways.

I believe Mr. Catfish fixed this by swapping out the screws- no more plate- just a big fatty screw head instead. Problem solved!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I believe Mr. Catfish fixed this by swapping out the screws- no more plate- just a big fatty screw head instead. Problem solved!
Yup... That's why they call it the Ch-O-Atty HD....

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Just popped home for a bit O'lunch to find the Ch-O's waiting for me in the box. Beautifully machined for what they are and Chowder man did an excellent job as per usual on the post upgrades. High quality, without the high price.

Next up, ( as soon as I get the chance) a three way mechanical single coil shoot out between the Ch-O, Narda and Hadaly.

First impression without a build? Get'em while they're hot. :thumb:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Got a deck pic? Looks ok from what I can see. Goon killer? I think not.... feel free to send as many as you want though. Granted looks aren't everything but they are something.

Man, that thing looks pretty rough for an $85 atty. Can't say I dig the "engravings" much either. But I'm sure it will toss fog.

5X6Nrk5.jpg

Reactions: MFToms59

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I need to play with some diff builds on the narda, its always too hot or not hot enough. Maybe a tiny clapton and on the LBC. Def need to get some SS to play with
Just for giggles, I took my Goon off of my LBC and put my narda with twin 2.5mm coils. Hit it at 55 watts and that puppy finally came to life! That narda needs some extra power than my regular mechanical mods will give it.

Reactions: havok333

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Just popped home for a bit O'lunch to find the Ch-O's waiting for me in the box. Beautifully machined for what they are and Chowder man did an excellent job as per usual on the post upgrades. High quality, without the high price....
First impression without a build? Get'em while they're hot. :thumb:
First impression WITH a build? Get em while they're hot! Mine arrived, yesterday. I put in a boring ol single coil (26ga SS, 6 wraps, 3mm), slanted, low. Easy peasy to build. Boatloads of air -- too much for me, wide open; lots of flavor!

Thanks, Tom!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
First impression WITH a build? Get em while they're hot! Mine arrived, yesterday. I put in a boring ol single coil (26ga SS, 6 wraps, 3mm), slanted, low. Easy peasy to build. Boatloads of air -- too much for me, wide open; lots of flavor!

Thanks, Tom!

Thumb up 3.jpg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Man, that thing looks pretty rough for an $85 atty. Can't say I dig the "engravings" much either. But I'm sure it will toss fog.

5X6Nrk5.jpg
Ok... I do like the deck but part of what makes the Goon an aerodynamics anomaly is the wall of contacts that forces the airflow over the coils at just the right angle. I haven't actually tried a goon22 yet but due to size I would imagine the wall effect would be even more pronounced.

The Apocolypse lacks the wall of contacts thereby allowing the airflow to go in a more chaotic pattern which may increase volume but will reduce dwell time which will sharply reduce flavor.

If you find the Goon makes your juice taste perfumey but love the volume, the Apocolypse ignition be a good fit.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
For the fellas who have receive the chi o atty, how long are the new screws? Would you be able to unscrew it sufficiently, such that it's not completely off, and the base of the screw head still clears the lip of the positive and negative post?

Figured if it is, then we wouldn't have to mess with removing the screws at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LittleBird
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread