Closing the forum [no longer applicable]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
First of all, Thank you Rob for the best mod I own, and the only mod I use. Its good to know that you are going to continue to produce mods and offer spare parts, even if this is at a smaller volume.

I hope that you enjoy your semi retirement. 20,000 mods is a lot and you have helped many people stay off the cigarettes. Put your feet up, play guitar, feed your porkies and enjoy life.

Although I do not post often, I usually log on a couple of times a day to check out whats going on, I have had some great advice from people on here so thank you every one else.

It has been one of the few area's on this forum that I have felt comfortable asking questions and also expressing an opinion without fear of being flamed. In most of the other sections a great deal of the threads end up in petty point scoring, and sometimes down right rude posts.

I hope that in it's new home reoville can continue to offer advice and support to newer users, that the threads continue to be a civil and well mannered and also push some sales in Rob's direction.

DITTO!

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Thank you Rob! Looking forward to your guitars, especially the Reocaster. Humbucking pickups? So you are going from one type of coil to another, huh?

Not sure if I can afford 15 REO-Tars ;) but I wish you all the BEST sir and just wanted to stop in and say ThAnK YoU!!!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Rob, as sad as I am to see the forum go, I'm equally happy to see you enjoy a bit of life. I have no fewer than 13 of your units and will continue to enjoy them as long as I vape. You are the true Godfather of squonking and one could only ponder what the bottom fed mod world would be if it weren't for you. While I know you are not going completely away, I wish you nothing less than the best and Thank You from the bottom of my heart for all you've done.

lounge chairs.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Anyone want to buy a reocaster I plan on building guitars something I have always wanted to do is build some guitars
If you build me a bass I will buy it. 5 string, acoustic or electric, your pick.

Rob, in June of 2014 I was about ready to go back to smoking. Tanks weren't cutting it and my vape life was filled with more agitation than enjoyment. The flock of enablers finally got hold of me and brought me into Reoville. They fed me, gave me water. They gave me a bed to sleep in at night. Though I haven't posted here much lately, it is my home, and I am here every day.

You, and your REOnauts, are good folk. The finest of folk. Your mods have enabled me to stay off cigs and enjoy life more than ever before. They are a hobby and a huge part of my life now. I will always have them. My woodvil, especially, is near and dear to my heart.

It actually brings a tear to my eye, that the forum is closing. But I am very happy for you, and want you to know how much you are loved and respected by this community which has seen me personally through some of the toughest moments of life, as it has many others. Make no mistake about it--quitting and staying off of cigarettes is an enormous accomplishment. If not for you...I'm not sure, man.

Thank you for that...be well my holy friend :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Just wanted to add my thanks for an amazing forum. I love my REO, hopefully I'll be able to get a p67 someday. I read through many threads in this forum before I ever bought a REO, and I'm sure I'll be accessing the archives whenever I need to figure something out. The legacy of the REO will live on on ECF because there are thousands of satisfied customers who will always answer whatever questions come up.

Thanks Rob!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Good luck Rob..one of the first devices i heard about way back in 2010 was the reo. They were almost impossible to get! It took me awhile to finally get one and it changed my vape world. I have 4 now and absolutely love them.
Thank you so much!
Donna

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Well, the end of an era. I haven't been on ecf for a few months now, but not a day, or for that matter an hour has gone by without one of one of my many Reo's in hand. As I read through this thread I realized there's nothing I can add that hasen't already been said, but I couldn't let this forum close without expressing my heartfelt thanks. Like so many others after receiving my first Reo I've never thought of using anything else. As you said a while back, you put bottom feeders on the map. That you did! Enjoy your semi retirement, I know you'll be a success in whatever projects you venture next.

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hello again...just can't let go Please know that not only do we have a Reo spot in the Lounge for chit chat, Debadoo set up a technical thread for us to cuss and discuss all things Reo. Perhaps someone more technologically advanced can note exactly where it is and all interested can bookmark or watch the thread.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
...Debadoo set up a technical thread for us to cuss and discuss all things Reo. Perhaps someone more technologically advanced can note exactly where it is ....
If I was "technologically advanced" I'd probably be sucking regulated, but I do know where REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk can be found.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
i've PM'd both Rob and a Mod as to how much it would cost monthly to keep this forum going.

a few have posted they'd contribute, and i have been known by a few as a silent contributor to Reoville.

i hope we can keep Reoville alive

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I will miss Rob and this forum as much as anyone else, but, I'm going to take a probably unpopular side here. I think that if Rob wants to let the forum close, it should close. There are now two other threads where we can stay in contact with each other and discuss problems, and help others. If, what Rob wants, is to close this and step back, we need to just deal with it. JMO.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I will miss Rob and this forum as much as anyone else, but, I'm going to take a probably unpopular side here. I think that if Rob wants to let the forum close, it should close. There are now two other threads where we can stay in contact with each other and discuss problems, and help others. If, what Rob wants, is to close this and step back, we need to just deal with it. JMO.

I was thinking the same thing, that Rob may feel obligated to maintain his presence here which wouldn't give him as much freedom as he needs.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
The only constant in life, is change, things don't stay the same, no matter how much we may like them too. Rob has decided he wants to take a step back, he has said that he will continue to make mods and support people with repairs and spare parts etc. There are a couple of threads that have already started for those that like to socialize in the lounge and one for tech support. It won't take people long to adjust. Rob is a decent bloke and I think we should except and respect his decision.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I agree! If we tried to keep things going here Rob would not get the much deserved free spirit time that he needs and deserves! Change is hard but we have the alternatives we all need! If you love him, as we all do, let him go to play and enjoy his semi retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread