Cloud chasing from a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my Atlantis...... but I like my new Kanger Subtank beter. I can lung hit with the OCC coils and the taste is a step above the Atlantis, IMO.

I just got the Kanger Subtank, as well (my first major tank). I haven't used the OCC coils, yet. Using the dual-coil rebuildable now, which is at an admittedly disappointing 1.14 ohms... well, disappointing in terms of clouds, anyways. I'm actually seriously enjoying the flavor quite a bit. Gonna hit the 0.5 OCC coils as soon as it's empty of the current juice.

I'm going to try and build low on the dual-coil RDA... 0.4 or even 0.3, assuming the Kanger Subtank can handle builds that low? Will be interesting to see what the clouds are like with builds lower than 0.5, if it's possible.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Kanger Sub tank 0.5 build gives out less vapor than my Kayfun lite at 1.2 ohms. I just ordered a Kayfun 4 with the subohm kit from FastTech. They don't make many tank for subohms as they burn out the seals from lack of airflow. This is what I ordered. Bought a couple extra kits to see if they fit in my Tebeco Kayfun 4.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2078204

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2078203

CHEERS!

Kanger Sub tank 0.5 build gives out less vapor than my Kayfun lite at 1.2 ohms. I just ordered a Kayfun 4 with the subohm kit from FastTech. They don't make many tank for subohms as they burn out the seals from lack of airflow. This is what I ordered. Bought a couple extra kits to see if they fit in my Tebeco Kayfun 4.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2078204

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2078203

CHEERS!

Huh. A friend of mine did a comparison of the two, and the Kanger clouds were much bigger. I know it isn't just builds that go in to getting clouds, but watching her was what convinced me to get the Kanger instead of the Kayfun. I'm going to try lower builds on the Kanger, too... unless people tell me I shouldn't.

That Kayfun kit you bought does look nice, but also looks like a mess to keep together. The Kanger is straight-forward in terms of putting it together and building on it and using it... how straight-forward is the Kayfun you got?

Does anyone know where I can pick up the UD Goblin for cheap?

I was looking at the Delta II but it only comes with 1 ohm coils :(

Triangle Vape has it for $27. Vaportek USA has it for $34.99

I was really hoping that VaporDNA would have it, but I guess not. So I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has a link to it. Never heard of those two stores, so don't know how reputable they are.

You can use the majority, if not all, the tanks mentioned on your mechs. i used the Silverplay on my XXIX mod and it was an excellent vape.

I think it's because they mention wattage and voltage, and I'm still having trouble working out how to figure out the wattage and voltage you get on mech mods.

So here's another question... theoretically, would it be possible to have a tank (a rebuildable one, anyways) that could win cloud comps? And if so, how would you do it?

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I think it's because they mention wattage and voltage, and I'm still having trouble working out how to figure out the wattage and voltage you get on mech mods.

So here's another question... theoretically, would it be possible to have a tank (a rebuildable one, anyways) that could win cloud comps? And if so, how would you do it?

That's not gonna happen, there's way too many RDA's available specifically made for producing massive clouds. Tanks are more for a relaxing vape, at least for me. You might want to look at a Doge or Mutation X, which are pretty reasonable, for competition.

ETA:

when you are using a mech mod the voltage is controlled by your build and battery. The lower the Ohms are on your build and the more amps in your battery are going to give you the strongest vape. Just make sure that you know the basics on battery safety.

Last edited:
That's not gonna happen, there's way too many RDA's available specifically made for producing massive clouds. Tanks are more for a relaxing vape, at least for me. You might want to look at a Doge or Mutation X, which are pretty reasonable, for competition.

Right. Which is why I said theoretically... :D

Honestly, I wouldn't do it myself, I'm just curious how it might be done...

ETA:

when you are using a mech mod the voltage is controlled by your build and battery. The lower the Ohms are on your build and the more amps in your battery are going to give you the strongest vape. Just make sure that you know the basics on battery safety.

I have so much stuff bookmarked (and read) on battery safety. When I first started using mechanical mods, I was determined not to have a pipe bomb while still working towards the biggest clouds I could get, so I've been trying to digest all of the safety things. In fact, I'll be getting safety fuses soon. I just can't decide between one-use and reusable...

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Delta II. My thickest juice at 60 watts. No dry hit and the flavor is crazy good! On stock .5 ohm coil

What coil are you running? They have 3 different coil types!! I run 100% VG juice as I am allergic to PG. The more I read about this Delta II tank, the more I want to buy it along with a Smok x65 mini mod to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread