The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cloud chasing from a tank

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by TheOdessa, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    I would not be surprised to see a tank win a cloud competition in the short future. As I think sub ohm tanks are going to become the big advancement this year. I even have a Subohm Kayfun4 on the way here. So it seems that's where companies are headed with tanks now. I have tried drippers but I am a tank guy. Do have the Kanger Subtank and it is nice but it is not a competition winner. But on the other hand it needs to be a smaller tank than the sub tank because I like to change my wicks & fresh juice daily in my tanks.
    Kayfun4 Subohm tank has a good start on it because you can close the juice off and take it off and change the wick, reopen the juice supply and start vaping.

2. NateHevens

NateHevens Senior Member ECF Veteran

Can you link to where you got that?

3. Gummy Bare

Gummy Bare Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    San Diego, California
    Yeah, I 2nd that request for where you got the subohm kayfun 4. I'm assuming it has a different spring in the thing that more beefyer than the original one?

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

4. Gummy Bare

Gummy Bare Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    San Diego, California
    Might have already been mentioned in here, but have you guys seem DNA Vapors Project SubOhm Silverplay RTA? It's an original design they made that is kinda modled after a kayfun, but it has crazy air flow and huge juice flow channels.

It's only like $40 as well. Been kinda wanting one.

This is the thing I'm talking about. I guess Kayfun top caps and other Kayfun parts will fit on it as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NateHevens

That's on my wishlist, Gummy Bare. Hope to get it within the next two or three weeks.

6. TheOdessa

TheOdessa Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    Tampa, Florida
    I might get this. I just pulled the trigger on a kayfun v4 and smok x65. I drilled out my lemo as much as I could but still the airflow isn't there compared to the Atlantis.

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    I suppose it depends on your price point, but there are plenty of higher end tanks that are smoke stacks.
    The Estia is the first that comes to mind

Redacted

8. Krashman Von Stinkputin

Krashman Von Stinkputin Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Missouri
    Is that KFL+ modded/drilled out?
    I have both KF and Kangar Sub and the Kangar's .5 coil plus wide open airflow can generate WAY more fog.

9. Chelonian

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    If you want clouds out if a KFL/Russian 91, you have to pull the airscrew out, wrap it to 2 ohms, and turn it up to about 30 watts.
    Any higher and you will melt the insulator under the positive block.
    It doesnt chuck thunderclouds, but its respectable.
    Doesnt work as well sub ohming on a mech at the same wattage for some reason.

Redacted

10. TorontoOntario

TorontoOntario Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2014
    Canada
    Delta II comes stock with .5 ohm heads and you can get a RBA head for it as well. Stock it puts out more clouds then any tank I have tried. It has crazy air flow and can easily handle 50 60w. Its beastly for vape production from a tank

11. Chelonian

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    Really, i you want clouds out of a tank, just get an Estia.
    Its a tri coil beast that renders drippers obsolete.
    Airflow is adjustable to such a wide open point that you could run a marathon whilst breathing through the thing.
    Clouds?
    How big do you want to blow? It outperforms 90% of drippers, and the best any dripper can do is match it.
    After this thing, RDA's are so 2014.

Redacted

12. TheOdessa

TheOdessa Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    Tampa, Florida
    How does this tank compare to the Atlantis? How long do the coils last with 100% VG juice?

I currently get a week or 2 with my Atlantis coils. I've done the 5ml upgrade on this tank and I'm really enjoying it at 30w, but I'm open to the Delta II due to the safer coils.

13. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    Someone may have said this but the Arctic looks interesting and has 0.2 ohm stock coils (I think..)..
    Also the SMOK VCT is cheap, good and has a number of stock coil options and will take the Ni200 heads made for the Gimlet!

SMOK also make 0.33ohm heads for the atlantis! Lots of cloud-forming options for that beast :)

14. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    I thought the Delta II coils had the ceramic paper problem also?? I am using the eleaf melo 0.5 ohm coils in the atlantis and they rock! Organic cotton goodness and cheaper!

15. NateHevens

0.2ohm is right. Here's the Arctic on VaporDNA. On my wishlist, but I haven't bought it, yet.

16. jlwiseman

jlwiseman Senior Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Using the rba section of my subtank mini, I can easily blow clouds bigger than my atlantis tank, but not quite as good as my rda

17. Kabukimono808

Kabukimono808 Full Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Mililani, Hawaii
    I have the Atlantis, Subtank mini, Delta 2, Arctic and the Maganus. Prior to getting the Arctic and the Maganus, the Delta 2 was my go to for daily vape. It produced good flavor and great vapor (for a clearo). My current daily vape right now is the Arctic with the .2 head. Flavor IMO is better than the Delta 2 and it produces great warm vapor. The Maganus was great at first but the coil heads don't seem to last long, a buddy of mines got his this past Friday and the 0.5 head is already gone...it kept jumping ohms 0.5-1.7. It seems like one of the leads may have broke. But both the Arctic and the Maganus have no problems with wicking PG FREE liquid. I'm currently using Vapergates C-class Atlantis juice which is crazy thick and both tanks to my surprise are keeping up just fine.

For RTA's I think the Bellow is great for clouds

18. cinetrope

cinetrope Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Joshua Tree, CA
    If you go here About | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators there are calculators that let you figure out everything from ohms to watts to heat flux index and more.

19. dashreeve

dashreeve Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    Florida
    Delta 2 is one of my favorite tanks, I'm using the RBA (have to buy it separately). I had to send my M65 in to be replaced, the fire button quit working. My M50 still working fine though.

20. twgbonehead

twgbonehead Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    MA, USA
    I've bought from Triangle, no problems. (And really good prices on some stuff).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.