Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I would not be surprised to see a tank win a cloud competition in the short future. As I think sub ohm tanks are going to become the big advancement this year. I even have a Subohm Kayfun4 on the way here. So it seems that's where companies are headed with tanks now. I have tried drippers but I am a tank guy. Do have the Kanger Subtank and it is nice but it is not a competition winner. But on the other hand it needs to be a smaller tank than the sub tank because I like to change my wicks & fresh juice daily in my tanks.
Kayfun4 Subohm tank has a good start on it because you can close the juice off and take it off and change the wick, reopen the juice supply and start vaping.

I would not be surprised to see a tank win a cloud competition in the short future. As I think sub ohm tanks are going to become the big advancement this year. I even have a Subohm Kayfun4 on the way here. So it seems that's where companies are headed with tanks now. I have tried drippers but I am a tank guy. Do have the Kanger Subtank and it is nice but it is not a competition winner. But on the other hand it needs to be a smaller tank than the sub tank because I like to change my wicks & fresh juice daily in my tanks.
Kayfun4 Subohm tank has a good start on it because you can close the juice off and take it off and change the wick, reopen the juice supply and start vaping.

Can you link to where you got that?

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Might have already been mentioned in here, but have you guys seem DNA Vapors Project SubOhm Silverplay RTA? It's an original design they made that is kinda modled after a kayfun, but it has crazy air flow and huge juice flow channels.

It's only like $40 as well. Been kinda wanting one.

This is the thing I'm talking about. I guess Kayfun top caps and other Kayfun parts will fit on it as well.

ea6797c296b51beed7d05770c06dd74a.jpg

696f77f0b42e296e112455a329e30699.jpg

Last edited:

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Might have already been mentioned in here, but have you guys seem DNA Vapors Project SubOhm Silverplay RTA? It's an original design they made that is kinda modled after a kayfun, but it has crazy air flow and huge juice flow channels.

It's only like $40 as well. Been kinda wanting one.

This is the thing I'm talking about. I guess Kayfun top caps and other Kayfun parts will fit on it as well.

ea6797c296b51beed7d05770c06dd74a.jpg

696f77f0b42e296e112455a329e30699.jpg
I might get this. I just pulled the trigger on a kayfun v4 and smok x65. I drilled out my lemo as much as I could but still the airflow isn't there compared to the Atlantis.

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
Kanger Sub tank 0.5 build gives out less vapor than my Kayfun lite at 1.2 ohms. I just ordered a Kayfun 4 with the subohm kit from FastTech. They don't make many tank for subohms as they burn out the seals from lack of airflow. This is what I ordered. Bought a couple extra kits to see if they fit in my Tebeco Kayfun 4.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2078204

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2078203

CHEERS!

Is that KFL+ modded/drilled out?
I have both KF and Kangar Sub and the Kangar's .5 coil plus wide open airflow can generate WAY more fog.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
If you want clouds out if a KFL/Russian 91, you have to pull the airscrew out, wrap it to 2 ohms, and turn it up to about 30 watts.
Any higher and you will melt the insulator under the positive block.
It doesnt chuck thunderclouds, but its respectable.
Doesnt work as well sub ohming on a mech at the same wattage for some reason.

Redacted

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Does anyone know where I can pick up the UD Goblin for cheap?

I was looking at the Delta II but it only comes with 1 ohm coils :(

Delta II comes stock with .5 ohm heads and you can get a RBA head for it as well. Stock it puts out more clouds then any tank I have tried. It has crazy air flow and can easily handle 50 60w. Its beastly for vape production from a tank

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
Really, i you want clouds out of a tank, just get an Estia.
Its a tri coil beast that renders drippers obsolete.
Airflow is adjustable to such a wide open point that you could run a marathon whilst breathing through the thing.
Clouds?
How big do you want to blow? It outperforms 90% of drippers, and the best any dripper can do is match it.
After this thing, RDA's are so 2014.

Redacted

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Delta II comes stock with .5 ohm heads and you can get a RBA head for it as well. Stock it puts out more clouds then any tank I have tried. It has crazy air flow and can easily handle 50 60w. Its beastly for vape production from a tank

How does this tank compare to the Atlantis? How long do the coils last with 100% VG juice?

I currently get a week or 2 with my Atlantis coils. I've done the 5ml upgrade on this tank and I'm really enjoying it at 30w, but I'm open to the Delta II due to the safer coils.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Someone may have said this but the Arctic looks interesting and has 0.2 ohm stock coils (I think..)..
Also the SMOK VCT is cheap, good and has a number of stock coil options and will take the Ni200 heads made for the Gimlet!

SMOK also make 0.33ohm heads for the atlantis! Lots of cloud-forming options for that beast :)

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
How does this tank compare to the Atlantis? How long do the coils last with 100% VG juice?

I currently get a week or 2 with my Atlantis coils. I've done the 5ml upgrade on this tank and I'm really enjoying it at 30w, but I'm open to the Delta II due to the safer coils.

I thought the Delta II coils had the ceramic paper problem also?? I am using the eleaf melo 0.5 ohm coils in the atlantis and they rock! Organic cotton goodness and cheaper!

Someone may have said this but the Arctic looks interesting and has 0.2 ohm stock coils (I think..)..
Also the SMOK VCT is cheap, good and has a number of stock coil options and will take the Ni200 heads made for the Gimlet!

SMOK also make 0.33ohm heads for the atlantis! Lots of cloud-forming options for that beast :)

0.2ohm is right. Here's the Arctic on VaporDNA. On my wishlist, but I haven't bought it, yet.

I have the Atlantis, Subtank mini, Delta 2, Arctic and the Maganus. Prior to getting the Arctic and the Maganus, the Delta 2 was my go to for daily vape. It produced good flavor and great vapor (for a clearo). My current daily vape right now is the Arctic with the .2 head. Flavor IMO is better than the Delta 2 and it produces great warm vapor. The Maganus was great at first but the coil heads don't seem to last long, a buddy of mines got his this past Friday and the 0.5 head is already gone...it kept jumping ohms 0.5-1.7. It seems like one of the leads may have broke. But both the Arctic and the Maganus have no problems with wicking PG FREE liquid. I'm currently using Vapergates C-class Atlantis juice which is crazy thick and both tanks to my surprise are keeping up just fine.

For RTA's I think the Bellow is great for clouds

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
I think it's because they mention wattage and voltage, and I'm still having trouble working out how to figure out the wattage and voltage you get on mech mods.

So here's another question... theoretically, would it be possible to have a tank (a rebuildable one, anyways) that could win cloud comps? And if so, how would you do it?
If you go here About | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators there are calculators that let you figure out everything from ohms to watts to heat flux index and more.

dashreeve

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Florida
What coil are you running? They have 3 different coil types!! I run 100% VG juice as I am allergic to PG. The more I read about this Delta II tank, the more I want to buy it along with a Smok x65 mini mod to go with it.

Delta 2 is one of my favorite tanks, I'm using the RBA (have to buy it separately). I had to send my M65 in to be replaced, the fire button quit working. My M50 still working fine though.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Triangle Vape has it for $27. Vaportek USA has it for $34.99

I was really hoping that VaporDNA would have it, but I guess not. So I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has a link to it. Never heard of those two stores, so don't know how reputable they are.

I've bought from Triangle, no problems. (And really good prices on some stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread