Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
As much as I hate to agree with crxess :)tongue:) the difference is very apparent to myself and a lot of other vapers out there.

I'd also like to say that at 4volts up, the Istick30 and Istick50 have DC-DC outputs that are flat as a pancake - as well as have steel 510 connections which are spring loaded.

Thank you Sir.
I also feel the Newest istick models have been nicely upgraded and should provide users with a Dependable device.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
i have 2 of these. when you say warranty card, are you talking about the credit card looking deal that is for after sale service. mine both have what i think is a device number on them. one starts with 000 and the other starts with 001.

yes, the /service card carries your Batch Number. The first whole number(s) after the 00 string.
0002xx - First full batch run
001?xx - Late Batch
Did you just recently purchase the second unit?

Mine are 0002xx and 0006xx purchased several weeks apart.

siapaya

Jan 29, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
yes, the /service card carries your Batch Number. The first whole number(s) after the 00 string.
0002xx - First full batch run
001?xx - Late Batch
Did you just recently purchase the second unit?

Mine are 0002xx and 0006xx purchased several weeks apart.

My burnt cloupor Serial is 000221xx
I have done the 15sec test a week after purchase and couple times after that.

wmtdriver

Dec 1, 2014
Texas
seem to have 2 threads going with you. yes, the 001 was just purchased about 2 or 3 weeks ago. these numbers look like serial numbers but don't seem to be on the unit itself, just on the card. it may be inside the board compartment. anyway, the older unit is 0004 so should be newer than the batch with problems. ill try the 15 sec test and see what happens

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
My burnt cloupor Serial is 000221xx
I have done the 15sec test a week after purchase and couple times after that.

Seems being in the suspect batch, the combination of Charging/Pass through vaping was enough to trip the fault. IC's overloaded and burnt out.

As recommended - Contact Cloupor for resolution.

Good Luck!

siapaya

Jan 29, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
Seems being in the suspect batch, the combination of Charging/Pass through vaping was enough to trip the fault. IC's overloaded and burnt out.

As recommended - Contact Cloupor for resolution.

Good Luck!

I did Charge/Passthrough intensively since the day I bought it. Never any symptoms or strange thing came out.

But, on the day of incident, that will be my 1st time passthrough with VV mode. I usually locked my watts at 7-10w.

That very last time, I locked it with a 3.6v.

Could be the vv mode have ruin everything..

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
JUST EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME 30 MINUTES A GO.

I charge the cloupor on USB port. It was charged for about 2 hrs.
I passthrough it about one or two puff every 15 minutes of longer.
The last passthrough went a bit weak but I do not notice any other strange , so I just put it back on my desk ( still USB charging )
3-5 secs later smoke come out from the USB port of the Cloupor strong lingering burnt plastic smell easily noticed.
Then I opened the cover and it shows a light of fire right next to the cloupor seal sticker.
The smoke getting more intense, then I drop it down to a box and pour water on it.
Fire light stopped, but I can still hear some crackling voice.
Then I take the battery out ( honestly I was kinda scared it will somehow blew, because of the trickeling sound )
(By the way, that is my 1st time passthrough on VV mode - 3.6v, usually on VW mode -10w, I wonder if it somehow related )

Then , my less than 2 months old Cloupor now have a hole.

If you've had your Clouper Mini for that long, maybe yours was one of those in the first batch that had problems?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
No issues yet on mine, but I just wrote "World Of Vape" where I bought mine as I am curious why all links for the product are gone, perhaps too many returns? I bought it from them as their origin product info page acknowledged the issue and they claim they waited to offer that model. For saftey purposes I remove the battery when not in use or attended, but that's very inconvenient to say the least. I enjoy my non removable iStick 30 much more as well as it being able to do "buck" voltage. The Cloupers 3.6 volt limit is to limiting when you want to dial down .5 ohm coils, you have to look carefully at the ohm icon, when it is flashing you are out of ohms law limit, surprised more folks don't bring that up.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No issues yet on mine, but I just wrote "World Of Vape" where I bought mine as I am curious why all links for the product are gone, perhaps too many returns? I bought it from them as their origin product info page acknowledged the issue and they claim they waited to offer that model. For saftey purposes I remove the battery when not in use or attended, but that's very inconvenient to say the least. I enjoy my non removable iStick 30 much more as well as it being able to do "buck" voltage. The Cloupers 3.6 volt limit is to limiting when you want to dial down .5 ohm coils, you have to look carefully at the ohm icon, when it is flashing you are out of ohms law limit, surprised more folks don't bring that up.

People don't bring that up for several reasons.
1) Moot point - Device will still fire, just not cut wattage
2) Regulated device - No Need to Build to .5ohm specifically. Low ohm builds came about by need from running Direct DC voltage Mechanical mods in order to attain higher wattage. A 1.5ohm or any other build with-in Mod specs can do the Same job.
3) Many users build Dual coil at Max power, 30w, each coil only sees 15 watts.

Using a SubTank with supplied heads(for instance) Maximum control ability is gained by using the 1.2ohm coil rather than the .5ohm coils.

Sub ohm is no longer a requirement for higher power Vaping.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
View attachment 406609
Hi Qttash and welcome aboard!

I second DingerCPA's advice about having a dedicated charger and spare batteries. A good charger is also recommended. Two that come to mind are Nitecore and Xtar chargers.

I'm also with DingerCPA in that I use the charging port only when necessary and only use it as a passthrough ONLY when completely desperate for a vape or two. On the devices I have that have passthrough capability, I've noticed that the battery gets very slightly warm when just charging, but gets warmer if I use the passthrough option, so it's safer and better for the battery to not use passthrough, but it's there if you need a draw or two while charging.

Hope that helps and Happy Vaping!

I've used many devices as passthrough over the years, and if the circuit is well designed there's no danger whatsoever. My Vaporshark has had the same VTC5 battery since I bought it a year ago and most of the time is on passthrough mode, hooked up, charging while I vape, in the living room or at my computer.
Cloudpor is very poor quality, and having affordable PVs on the market such as iSticks of the IPV mini, I see no point in chancing just for the sake of saving a couple dollars.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
People don't bring that up for several reasons.
1) Moot point - Device will still fire, just not cut wattage
2) Regulated device - No Need to Build to .5ohm specifically. Low ohm builds came about by need from running Direct DC voltage Mechanical mods in order to attain higher wattage. A 1.5ohm or any other build with-in Mod specs can do the Same job.
3) Many users build Dual coil at Max power, 30w, each coil only sees 15 watts.

Using a SubTank with supplied heads(for instance) Maximum control ability is gained by using the 1.2ohm coil rather than the .5ohm coils.

Sub ohm is no longer a requirement for higher power Vaping.

The devices voltage limit is not moot for me. I don't build coils. I use both 1.8 ohm clearomizers and a Kanger Nano. Granted one can do a messy .5 to 1.2 coil change to help regulate, but unless you do that you are stuck with vaping at no lower then 25 watts (3.6 volts on a .5 ohm coil). The iStick 30 meanwhile can buck/boost and allow me especially while traveling light to swap between a low ohm vape and more standard 1.6/1.8 ohm clearos. I'll mostly use the Clouper for my low ohm vaping and carry the iStick when I want more range, can't swap batteries on iStick, main reason I bought Clouper Mini. My Great Greek mod sitting idle these days.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The devices voltage limit is not moot for me. I don't build coils. I use both 1.8 ohm clearomizers and a Kanger Nano. Granted one can do a messy .5 to 1.2 coil change to help regulate, but unless you do that you are stuck with vaping at no lower then 25 watts (3.6 volts on a .5 ohm coil). The iStick 30 meanwhile can buck/boost and allow me especially while traveling light to swap between a low ohm vape and more standard 1.6/1.8 ohm clearos. I'll mostly use the Clouper for my low ohm vaping and carry the iStick when I want more range, can't swap batteries on iStick, main reason I bought Clouper Mini. My Great Greek mod sitting idle these days.

Obvious case of Not checking specifics of the particular mod before purchasing.
IPV mini offers Buck/Boost and Swappable battery.
Sigelei Mini offers Buck/Boost and swappable battery.

Never said Have to - Said Can use higher ohms builds.
Never said swap in mid Vape to elevate setting control. Higher ohm coils allow MORE flexibility. Nothing Messy about starting out with a 1.2ohm coil.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Obvious case of Not checking specifics of the particular mod before purchasing.
IPV mini offers Buck/Boost and Swappable battery.
Sigelei Mini offers Buck/Boost and swappable battery.

Never said Have to - Said Can use higher ohms builds.
Never said swap in mid Vape to elevate setting control. Higher ohm coils allow MORE flexibility. Nothing Messy about starting out with a 1.2ohm coil.

You are correct, I missed the 3.6 volt limit and lack of buck converting. Thought the chipset would be identical to my iStick, but it seems Clouper does not give as much bang for buck as Eleaf. As long as it does not catch fire I'll find good use for it with my 2 Sony VTC5's. I'm sure the other brands you mentioned are fine, but I was interested in as small a single 18650 replaceable mod as possible without spending a fortune.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You are correct, I missed the 3.6 volt limit and lack of buck converting. Thought the chipset would be identical to my iStick, but it seems Clouper does not give as much bang for buck as Eleaf. As long as it does not catch fire I'll find good use for it with my 2 Sony VTC5's. I'm sure the other brands you mentioned are fine, but I was interested in as small a single 18650 replaceable mod as possible without spending a fortune.

Understandable. The IPV and Sigelei would be hard pressed to get any smaller due to the SX130 Chip. Chip works excellent but takes a bit of room due to the bottom mounted USB design. sigelei is only fractionally shorter than the IPV.

Should you ever venture to try a Magma RDA, your Cloupor may find a Mate for Life.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Understandable. The IPV and Sigelei would be hard pressed to get any smaller due to the SX130 Chip. Chip works excellent but takes a bit of room due to the bottom mounted USB design. sigelei is only fractionally shorter than the IPV.

Should you ever venture to try a Magma RDA, your Cloupor may find a Mate for Life.

Tell me about your Magma. Will the clones at FT work okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread