Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I've noticed that the devices are all damaged in pretty much the same spot..mine was too...my new one seems ok. They exchanged everything
I doubt they even opened it. Most likely they dumped it in a bin and sent you a new one.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my phone through a keyboard or something like that

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA
Cloupor's Official Statement regarding the melting/fire issue:

Cloupor: Best Electronic Vapor Portable Vaporizer Pen Cigarettes Wholesale Manufacturer,

"To Cloupor mini owners:

We are so sorry to bring some customers any trouble during last few days .

To satisfy the huge market , we worked hard for the large production .
And we actually didn’t control the whole quality system very well at that time.

About 0.1%-0.2% Cloupor mini may have overheat or short circuit or some other different defective problems. This may cause the circuit board melted down,but it will never reach to a ignition point to make other things burn , let alone catch fire.

If yours with the above kind of problem ,be free to email us user@cloupor.com

For the customers do not have any problem until now but worry about if yours with the potential overheat problem,
here is a simple identify way:
Connect a atomizer and press the fire button 15s at 30W(just one time) , if doesn’t show "Too hot" ,that’s a good unit.

We’v found the source of the problem and changed the firmware .For the new batch we shipped from last week ,
no this overheat issues.

Tough time may happen to any companies , we believe a positive attitude will make all things better .
Thanks so much for your support ! And welcome any suggestion!"

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Cloupor's Official Statement regarding the melting/fire issue:

Cloupor: Best Electronic Vapor Portable Vaporizer Pen Cigarettes Wholesale Manufacturer,

"To Cloupor mini owners:

We are so sorry to bring some customers any trouble during last few days .

About 0.1%-0.2% Cloupor mini may have overheat or short circuit or some other different defective problems. This may cause the circuit board melted down,but it will never reach to a ignition point to make other things burn , let alone catch fire.

If yours with the above kind of problem ,be free to email us user@cloupor.com

For the customers do not have any problem until now but worry about if yours with the potential overheat problem,
here is a simple identify way:
Connect a atomizer and press the fire button 15s at 30W(just one time) , if doesn’t show "Too hot" ,that’s a good unit.

We’v found the source of the problem and changed the firmware .For the new batch we shipped from last week ,
no this overheat issues.

Tough time may happen to any companies , we believe a positive attitude will make all things better .
Thanks so much for your support ! And welcome any suggestion!"

I Can't believe that this is an Actual, Official Statement from Cloupor.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
So wreck a coil to determine whether your device has the issue. And they're admitting its a firmware issue, is the firmware upgradable? This doesn't add up, they changed the firmware that quick?

You don't need to wreck a coil if you have a rebuildable, just pull the wick. Or throw in an old used up replaceable head you would have thrown out or rebuilt anyway.

And it's probably not upgradeable firmware per se, but they can and do have the ability to change the firmware loaded during production. It's not going to be a retro-fix.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA
Well, firmware runs the system, so yes that is a possibility. If the firmware was keeping the IC's live they would overheat and fail.
If the IC's were defective they could Fail.

My simple question is - LINK to Official Release?

The link was in the post. But here is a screenshot in case anyone is interested:
Cloupor.jpg

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm pretty sure mine caught on fire

I'm not Questioning that yours did.

What Amazed me is how a Company who is Dealing with a Very Serious Quality and Public Perception Problem could release an Official Statement that was so Poorly Worded.

And I would think that a Company such as Cloupor would have Someone who can Read English to Proof Read it for them.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
"About 0.1%-0.2% Cloupor mini may have overheat or short circuit or some other different defective problems. This may cause the circuit board melted down,but it will never reach to a ignition point to make other things burn , let alone catch fire."

Since there is intense heat in direct contact with a 18650 battery this statement does not give me any comfort. I'm still going to pull my battery out every night.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Zoidman, you don't have much room to complain. Your arbitrary usage of the language in typed form leaves much to be desired. :0

Yeah... I'm kinda the Pot who Calls the Kettle Black. LOL

But then again, when I make an Official Statement to be Released to the Public for my company, I run it by my Secretary First.

She was an English Major at UC Berkeley. And she has a Big Fat red marker that she keeps in her Desk Drawer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread