Cloupor Mini Mod 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
The battery may be weak or in need of a charge. When you hit the fire button, if the voltage sags too much, the display will blink even with the display showing the correct readings.
I thought that too, but ruled it out. The behavior I described manifests itself only with the Erl clone - if the atty is changed it stops.

@ Bill - I never thought the Cloupor was faulty; it works like a charm. But it was something unusual that got my attention.

Now, what could make the atty do that? It's a very cheap clone (only 9 bucks, FT) but it vapes great. I have no other qualms with it.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I thought that too, but ruled it out. The behavior I described manifests itself only with the Erl clone - if the atty is changed it stops.

@ Bill - I never thought the Cloupor was faulty; it works like a charm. But it was something unusual that got my attention.

Now, what could make the atty do that? It's a very cheap clone (only 9 bucks, FT) but it vapes great. I have no other qualms with it.

You need to fully disassemble your Erl, clean and carefully inspect. Sounds like you have a tiny shard left over from machining causing a mild short condition.

Carefully reassemble after inspection and do not over tighten parts.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Something's causing a voltage drop it would seem. Have you metered the clone atty to see what the drop is? Or like suggested, just take it apart and clean/tighten all the contact points. If there are any anodized aluminum or painted parts involved w/the electrical circuit, be sure the finish is removed to allow them to conduct like they should.

Last edited:
Reactions: cindycated

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
Knocking on wood....

my cloupor mini is still working as normal after a few months of heavy use. it has failed to fire a couple times but very rare and a second press on the fire button made it work. it's still my favourite mod. I expect the fire button will be the first thing to go when it does but I'm ok with that for the price of it and the heavy use it has seen... bounced around my vehicles daily, etc.

Reactions: gerrymi

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I know I may be repeating some info , but this thread is quite long and I didn't want to read all 100 pages.
Mine came today after a un-researched impulse buy, and I'm sorry to say I'm a bit disappointed.
My main gripe is battery cover magnets are weak and it occasionally slides off a bit then clangs back during normal handling, but I have a silicon sleeve for it which holds it in place quite well. The atomizer overhang is worse than expected and so far none of my atys have sat down flush. Even though it's solid and quite weighty, the build quality seems a little bit rough, like it came out of a posh Xmas cracker.
On the plus side, the wake from sleep delay doesn't bother me (yet), all the functions seem to work OK and it is very small.
I paid the FT price of twenty quid, and not the £40 it retails for here in the UK. If I had paid that, I would have returned it immediately.

Apologies for the slightly negative post, but this is my first disappointing vapemail. (Weeps gently into luke-warm mug of tea).

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I know I may be repeating some info , but this thread is quite long and I didn't want to read all 100 pages.
Mine came today after a un-researched impulse buy, and I'm sorry to say I'm a bit disappointed.
My main gripe is battery cover magnets are weak and it occasionally slides off a bit then clangs back during normal handling, but I have a silicon sleeve for it which holds it in place quite well. The atomizer overhang is worse than expected and so far none of my atys have sat down flush. Even though it's solid and quite weighty, the build quality seems a little bit rough, like it came out of a posh Xmas cracker.
On the plus side, the wake from sleep delay doesn't bother me (yet), all the functions seem to work OK and it is very small.
I paid the FT price of twenty quid, and not the £40 it retails for here in the UK. If I had paid that, I would have returned it immediately.

Apologies for the slightly negative post, but this is my first disappointing vapemail. (Weeps gently into luke-warm mug of tea).
Love mine. The size is the best feature and it really works great too.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I'm starting to come around, the size really is great, comparable with a mech almost. I'm running it with a 0.8 ohm single coil @25watts in a Derringer in keeping with the form factor, and it's keeping me pretty happy.

mTAygYB.jpg

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA

If you got extra magnets like most Minis were shipped with, you might try replacing the ones in it now.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Extra yes. The same, almost certainly. I did some googling for replacement uprated neodymium or the like and found nothing yet. I can feel a mod coming on...
When looking for neodymium magnets, choose the N52 type ones. They are one of the stronger ones. I replaced the magnets to this type on my 4nine mod and they were substantially stronger than the N42 they replaced.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Extra yes. The same, almost certainly. I did some googling for replacement uprated neodymium or the like and found nothing yet. I can feel a mod coming on...

Chasing ghost. Magnets are to hold, not lock. If it clangs back into place the magnets are doing their job. You unconsciously or not are flexing the cover out of place.
I have several and they never move unless I move them. ;)

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Chasing ghost. Magnets are to hold, not lock. If it clangs back into place the magnets are doing their job. You unconsciously or not are flexing the cover out of place.
I have several and they never move unless I move them. ;)

It's not really the magnets that are the problem with mine. The machining / casting has too much play in the cover and when I grip the mini, the battery cover slides laterally. Pretty annoying, however, with some tape to fill the gap and the silicon case, the rattle is minimized.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
remain on the lookout for a device that is
- size comparable to CMini -- hard to find esp with
- user replalcable battery
- spring loaded pin inc flush attys

Clouper Mini 30W...22mm X 36mm X 77.5mm

Heatvape Defender 50W...23mm X 38mm X 85mm

Defender 50w Best Deals + Free Shipping | GearBest.com

EDIT: The GB site just lists "Compatible with 510 thread"...but...the Heatvape site clearly lists "Compatible with 510 thread (Spring loaded center pin)".

Defender 50w Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread