Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I've got an interesting 'issue' with my CM. not the end of the world but after a few weeks of having it, to use the + button I have to depress it on the edge facing the - button in order for the to function. I think it got pressed too hard while in a bag on a plane. Has anyone else had this happen?
How difficult is it to get into where the chip is? Figure I could probably pop everything back into place but I don't want to damage my unit as it's not that big of a deal.

I'd go for it. Not a very complex build. A Plastic cover and some Hot glue to hold things in place. Sounds like the button got shifted off the actual contact on the board.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I'd go for it. Not a very complex build. A Plastic cover and some Hot glue to hold things in place. Sounds like the button got shifted off the actual contact on the board.

Here's what it looks like inside with cover removed...

20150127_091050_1.jpg

v6q2qu.jpg

Reactions: gerrymi

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Oh that's interesting thanks for the pictures mr. fabe. I thought maybe there were screws under the magnets. Do you just jimmy off the cover?

That is not a picture of my unit. I looked for a picture to help you with taking apart your mini. From the pictures, it appears to be hot glued. Just in case, you can look under the 'seal' sticker and make sure there is no screw. Then pry off the cover.

Brian Fox

Mar 26, 2015
After 3 months I had a problem with the 510. It is press fit, and atty's don't sit flush. If you use it as a daily beater, the 510 will fail.

My Solution:

2a9b2b6.jpg

sqno9i.jpg

impi0p.jpg

The Varitube 14mm spring loaded 510 just fits with the retaining nut. I didn't have a M10x0.5 tap, if you do, you can tap the enclosure and screw the 510 directly into the mod. Total cost of the repair was $5 plus some time. Huge improvement, this is the way they should come from Cloupor. Still love the mod.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
After 3 months I a problem with the 510. It is press fit, and atty's don't sit flush. If you use it as a daily beater, the 510 will fail.

My Solution:

2a9b2b6.jpg

sqno9i.jpg

impi0p.jpg

The Varitube 14mm spring loaded 510 just fits with the retaining nut. I didn't have a M10x0.5 tap, if you do, you can tape the enclosure and screw the 510 directly into the mod. Total cost of the repair was $5 plus some time. Huge improvement, this is the way they should come from Cloupor. Still love the mod.
Great job... Gives me hope now that it can be fixed! thanks

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
After 3 months I had a problem with the 510. It is press fit, and atty's don't sit flush. If you use it as a daily beater, the 510 will fail.

Glad you worked out a Fix..........But ummm............... I've Been beating on Both of mine for much longer without any 510 issues.
Maybe bad luck, Monday Mod, locking down to tight.................etc.

Reactions: ricks

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
I have a question that bugs me for some time and to which I was unable to answer myself.

What the heck does a blinking display mean? It's obviously some kind of a message - error or something else.
To be specific: only the resistance line blinks, only with an Erl clone I purchased (regardless of coils' actual resistance) and only when the fire button is pressed continuously. The rest of the display stays lit normally.

I've recoiled said atty for over 30 times now with anything in-between sub-ohm and over 2 ohms, but that line keeps blinking when I press the fire button. It works just fine, so there's no other effect than that, but I'd very much like to know why.

Any idea(s)?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I have a question that bugs me for some time and to which I was unable to answer myself.

What the heck does a blinking display mean? It's obviously some kind of a message - error or something else.
To be specific: only the resistance line blinks, only with an Erl clone I purchased (regardless of coils' actual resistance) and only when the fire button is pressed continuously. The rest of the display stays lit normally.

I've recoiled said atty for over 30 times now with anything in-between sub-ohm and over 2 ohms, but that line keeps blinking when I press the fire button. It works just fine, so there's no other effect than that, but I'd very much like to know why.

Any idea(s)?
It means the resistance is out of spec for the wattage setting. It will still fire within it's capabilities.

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
It means the resistance is out of spec for the wattage setting. It will still fire within it's capabilities.

Thank you, KTM. But how can that be? I usually make my coils in pairs - ”twins” if you want. What goes into the Subtank mini also goes into Erl. But only with the Erl atty it blinks. At the exact same wattage. What am I missing?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Flapstick,

As KTMRider wrote, your Cloupor Mini is functioning as it should. The blinking resistance means that the Mini cannot buck the voltage down to achieve the (low) wattage you've selected.

As to why this happens with only one of two supposedly identical coils, I'd suggest that the resistance of those coils is a little bit different, perhaps only in hundredths of an ohm, but that's enough. The coil on the Subtank Mini tank is slightly higher resistance, so that the voltage called for in your wattage selection remains above the 3.6 volt lower limit of the Cloupor Mini, while the Erl dips under 3.6 volts, triggering the flashing display.

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
Thanks, Bill.
For the resistances, the coils are absolutely identical (measured and re-measured independently; moreover, even the Cloupor shows the exact same values). If indeed bucking poses problems, I'll suspect the hardware setup to be faulty in some way, meaning I got myself a problematic Erl clone. I'm still at a loss in understanding what the problem actually is.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Thanks, Bill.
For the resistances, the coils are absolutely identical (measured and re-measured independently; moreover, even the Cloupor shows the exact same values). If indeed bucking poses problems, I'll suspect the hardware setup to be faulty in some way, meaning I got myself a problematic Erl clone. I'm still at a loss in understanding what the problem actually is.

Flapstick,

I believe you, and my former suggestion may be dead wrong.

I still think odds are good that your Cloupor Mini is fine, and that the mystery problem lies somewhere else.

Reactions: Flapstick

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Thanks, Bill.
The battery may be weak or in need of a charge. When you hit the fire button, if the voltage sags too much, the display will blink even with the display showing the correct readings.

Reactions: Flapstick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread