Cloupor Mini Mod 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
Damnit. My favorite mod by a good margin and now this. If Cloupor would release the serial numbers of the batch it claims had the board installed wrong (per their remark in the Planet of the vapes thread above), then we could maybe compare that to the SNs of the melted down units if the affected users would provide them. Otherwise a lot of us are sitting here with seemingly well-functioning devices that meet their needs but wondering if they're a time bomb. Must I put the CM aside and pull out that crappy-by-comparison istick20 back out of the drawer? ugh.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Damnit. My favorite mod by a good margin and now this. If Cloupor would release the serial numbers of the batch it claims had the board installed wrong (per their remark in the Planet of the vapes thread above), then we could maybe compare that to the SNs of the melted down units if the affected users would provide them. Otherwise a lot of us are sitting here with seemingly well-functioning devices that meet their needs but wondering if they're a time bomb. Must I put the CM aside and pull out that crappy-by-comparison istick20 back out of the drawer? ugh.

It's been one of my favorites too. It seems to happen within a few days. Mine has been working fine for over a week now so I think I'm in the clear (knock on wood). I might install a DNA40 in there with a VT 510 (not fond of the screw adjustable 510 pin).

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
That figures. :( Finally a mod that fits me.

Clouper's broken English response seems to imply they released a few with bad circuitry - a small percentage. While the odds are with us, we're all playing Clouper Roulette I think.

Added:

And this pic has one of those funky and all too generic, cheap, no-label batteries I've gotten bundled with other mods before:

10949989_10204711930931781_2022624940_n.jpg

I actually had one of these burn up in a mechanical once. Every time I see one I throw it out. Can't help but wonder if this is part of the problem.

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

Clouper's broken English response seems to imply they released a few with bad circuitry - a small percentage. While the odds are with us, we're all playing Clouper Roulette I think.

Added:

And this pic has one of those funky and all too generic, cheap, no-label batteries I've gotten bundled with other mods before:

I actually had one of these burn up in a mechanical once. Every time I see one I throw it out. Can't help but wonder if this is part of the problem.

It looks like a Samsung 25r battery. I don't think it's related to the battery though as it's burning inside on the board itself.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Added:

View attachment 407699

It looks like a Samsung 25r battery. I don't think it's related to the battery though as it's burning inside on the board itself.

Yep, Hashed and Rehashed - It is NOT A BATTERY ISSUE and Yes, that looks just like my 25R's
The China No Name are normally a deeper Bright Blue - I have gotten a few included pieces in the past.

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA
Casts doubt on the notion that if it doesn't fail early it won't, but the user did use the USB port. I can't recall if anyone has reported a MiniMelt who had never used the USB port?

The more I read about these, the more disappointed I am. I held such high hopes for this device, but had to hold myself back because of Cloupor's previous fiasco's. I really wanted them to get this one right.

Cloupor's responses for the past few days were arrogant and useless. Telling your customers to "not overstate the fact and calm down", that's probably the most arrogant I've ever heard. And not addressing the issue in a meaningful way, doesn't help their case.

I'm sad. This was going to be my next carry mod...

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
The more I read about these, the more disappointed I am. I held such high hopes for this device, but had to hold myself back because of Cloupor's previous fiasco's. I really wanted them to get this one right.

Cloupor's responses for the past few days were arrogant and useless. Telling your customers to "not overstate the fact and calm down", that's probably the most arrogant I've ever heard. And not addressing the issue in a meaningful way, doesn't help their case.

I'm sad. This was going to be my next carry mod...

It could be worse. I ordered mine just before these stories started coming out.... and it shipped quickly, so I couldn't cancel my order. Now I'm waiting for the mailman to deliver a $35 paperweight. :facepalm:

While it appears that we cannot get serial numbers or the batch run that may be the culprit, perhaps we can narrow down the batch by vendor? For example, the CM I'm waiting for is from elev8vape.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It could be worse. I ordered mine just before these stories started coming out.... and it shipped quickly, so I couldn't cancel my order. Now I'm waiting for the mailman to deliver a $35 paperweight. :facepalm:

While it appears that we cannot get serial numbers or the batch run that may be the culprit, perhaps we can narrow down the batch by vendor? For example, the CM I'm waiting for is from elev8vape.

The mod in general is a good mod.
I have nothing invested in siding with Cloupor. Didn't like early reports of issues. Didn't care for the lack of fixes. Doubt I will see anything to impress me on this issue.
None of that negates the fact, the majority the mini's are good to go.
I purchased one, worked it for a week + and decided it was worth picking up a second. The second should be here within a week.

I also have 2IPV mini's and the Mini v2 is on the way. They also have a following of Panic Owners over issues, though not as intense as flaming out.
No doubt someone somewhere will get a Crapped out mod from almost any manufacturer, especially in the Low Cost market. Might even be me.
At least I go into these Rush to market purchases with my eyes open. I Know crap can happen and the odds are much greater on a FIRST Release Design.

Maybe some of those that can't handle the stress should wait it out and let those of us that are use to FIRST RUN purchases test the waters.
It would save you wasted time and money.:D

_______________________________________________________________________________-

As far as - IT appears...........serial Numbers
Good Grief, it has only been a few days since Cloupor started investigating this as a multi unit issue. I seriously doubt many of the owners have taken time to contact Cloupor, Dealers may be slow in reporting.
Give the people a little time to find out what units from which batchs have been effected.
If it is one batch it will be simple.
If it is a few units from several batches things will get complicated.

Last edited:

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Mine is on its way as I type this. As much as I don't like hearing of the issues, I plan on just removing my battery when not using. We'll see.

Regardless, I'm hearing lots of them are fine so here's hoping I have no issues. I'm only planning on using it for a rough and tumble mod, so I'll give it a go and be careful about it.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Hoping I don't jinx myself but I'm going on 3 weeks with mine and no problems whatsoever. The first 2 weeks I had it I was away from home and had no other way to charge but thru the usb. It did fine with no issues. Since I've been home I've been charging the batteries externally. The device has performed flawlessly its accuracy is as close to my Dna 30 devices as any I've owned. I'm very satisfied with mine regardless of the issues I've heard about on here.

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
I too have been using mine pretty much exclusively for 3 weeks now. I love this little thing and wouldn't hesitate to buy another provided the reason wasn't this one going up in smoke.
Mine came from an eBay seller in Mason IA.
Size wise comparing to the smok line or ipv mini or even the segelei mini this thing is just tiny. It's an istick with girth and it fits wonderful in the hand.
Those on the fence imho I think it's worth the risk. Just be cautious when your going to be away from it for awhile and that might give you peace of mind.

TopCatJimi

Jan 22, 2015
Gettysburg PA
After 2 weeks...I have had no issue with my mini as far as catching fire .. I did charge mine up (efest 35A 2500) through USB the 1st night .. then I bought a charger the next day .. so I have not USB charged since..nor will I again .. but NEVER charge USB through your computer/laptop since the power output isnt not regulated .. I did have my 510 connector (came loose) rotated after putting on a tank too tight .. I just put some gorilla glue inside on the 510 and let it set up (after removing the cloupor sticker and circuit board cover) I left my board cover off because I think it looks cool .. I also had the add 2 "necessary" strips of electric tape to my battery door to get rid of the side to side rattle .. other then that .. I LOVE THIS THING!! And I would and WILL buy another !!

All Good Race Cars Need To Be Fine Tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread