Cloupor Mini Mod 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
Hey Jay did you get your Nano yet ? I see kanger has different colored o rings . Not sure if the rings are for the nano. I'm waiting for the nano's to come down on price.
OK have only used here maybe 1/2 hr or so but this is my first experience with a tank like this and all I can say is simply amazing.
I even opted to put the 1.2 atomizer in first just because of the juice I'm trying and my wife wanted to test it out and she would bark her head off on the. 5 coil.
Started at 14 watts then 18, 22, than 25.
With air holes open max this thing snap crackles and pops and puts out some clouds I've never been able to experience before.
Early stage impressions are best tank I own to date.
Blows my kayfun clone out of the water.
Imo SS you will absolutely love it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422645487822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422645487822.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 58

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
As far as charging via USB... I do that for hours on end while sitting at a desk. (never unattended though). I would really like to find a charging dock for this thing, like my phone. Just something I can park the Clouper in between vapes. And I'm also going to report another "drop". The mini fell so hard the battery flattened the negative tab against the housing. (And why do batteries always roll to the most inconvenient spot in the room?). A quick re-bending of the contact tab and all is well again.

Barring any unforeseen problems with this thing I stand by my original assertion that this is my last mod. Before I buy another Clouper Mini I'll wait to see if they make any improvements (like the 510 pin) then get another. If not, I'll just get another one of these in a couple of months and squirrel it away. Gave my iStick to a gal who is on a very tight budget and still using very depleted egos. The MVP2 served me well but was pretty worn out so I gave it a proper funeral. I'll never buy another disposable again. And looking at the new MVP3 about to come out there's no way I'd pay $70-$100 for a throw-away device like that.

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
Can you compare it in size to a protank 2 ? Thats what I'm using now. I don't have mic's anymore.
That should have been an easy request for me to do. You asked I went to grab for it and it's Mia. I've checked everywhere now I'm going crazy looking for it lol.
I took a pic of the aerotank next to it. even on base at bottom. Nano is shorter. Now to tear apart house and find my protank.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422649032670.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422649032670.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
Can you compare it in size to a protank 2 ? Thats what I'm using now. I don't have mic's anymore.
Oh boy it was right in front of me. Didn't realize I had air flow control adapter on it. Nano is slightly smaller because of the raised area for drip tip on protank. If airflow control wasn't on protank would probably be slightly smaller I assume.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422650553822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422650553822.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Oh boy it was right in front of me. Didn't realize I had air flow control adapter on it. Nano is slightly smaller because of the raised area for drip tip on protank. If airflow control wasn't on protank would probably be slightly smaller I assume.

Dammit Jay now I will have to get a nano. I better wait and see if it don't catch on fire.

lamoglinsgal

Nov 21, 2014
I've been using my Cloupor Mini regularly since I got it on the 20th. I hadn't read any of the meltdown news, so didn't think twice about USB charging it. I'm a little paranoid in general when it comes to charging since that's one of the first things I read about when I started vaping, so I tend to babysit them and take them off right away when finished. I never noticed anything out of the ordinary. When I started reading the warnings, I stopped USB charging because, well, my heat works fine. I don't need a second source. :D It seems like every day a new warning comes out, or this company or that company is recalling the CM. Personally, I haven't had any issues with my own. I did have a second that got returned for a faulty pin connection, but this one, no issues whatsoever. Rectangle sticker inside, if that matters to anyone. My warranty card is 50k plus, too. I love the thing, but I can't help that I'm definitely paranoid with it now. It's like OCD to check the thing and make sure it's not hot. That said, I have tried the USB charge again a few times while on close watch, and really, it's been totally fine.

Part of me is considering ordering the IPV Mini 2. Was the IPV Mini original known to have temper tantrums and melt down?

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
Part of me is considering ordering the IPV Mini 2. Was the IPV Mini original known to have temper tantrums and melt down?

Only issue I know of from following ipv mini awhile ago was ohm reader seems to be off a bit.
I don't own one so I can't testify as that being a fact.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Local vape shop got a big order of Cloupor Minis in this week. He's got a theory that people are trying to bypass the 0.45 minimum resistance limit by modding the board/wiring and that's what's causing the melt downs. I'm not buying that theory, but in any case he says he's not too worried about them. He sells a lot of Cana Mods and T8's, etc, and he's also sold about 30 of the 40 Mini's he got in on Tuesday.

He's also sitting on a huge pile of 20 watt iSticks, and he's afraid he's stuck with that inventory unless he blows them out below cost, or he takes the Cloupor's off the display shelf. :) Said he has some iStick 30w units in the back but he's not putting them out for display, but he'll sell if asked for one specifically.

He should have the Sigelei Mini 30w in next week, interested in taking a look at that, though it is quite a bit taller than the Cloupor Mini.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Only issue I know of from following ipv mini awhile ago was ohm reader seems to be off a bit.
I don't own one so I can't testify as that being a fact.

Ipv mini is great mine has had 0 issues no jumping ohms no problems period, now i cannot compare to cloupor mini yet as mine is on its way.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Local vape shop got a big order of Cloupor Minis in this week. He's got a theory that people are trying to bypass the 0.45 minimum resistance limit by modding the board/wiring and that's what's causing the melt downs. I'm not buying that theory, but in any case he says he's not too worried about them. He sells a lot of Cana Mods and T8's, etc, and he's also sold about 30 of the 40 Mini's he got in on Tuesday.

He's also sitting on a huge pile of 20 watt iSticks, and he's afraid he's stuck with that inventory unless he blows them out below cost, or he takes the Cloupor's off the display shelf. :) Said he has some iStick 30w units in the back but he's not putting them out for display, but he'll sell if asked for one specifically.

He should have the Sigelei Mini 30w in next week, interested in taking a look at that, though it is quite a bit taller than the Cloupor Mini.
There's no way you could 'mod' the board to bypass that. You would have to rewrite the boards firmware and I highly doubt most vapers have the tools laying around for decompiling and burning ROMs..

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Just got mine today. Sweet little thing!

Looked it over and it seems pretty well built. Some messy solder joints in a couple places, but nothing looking like a short.

I'm not going to leave it unattended with the battery in it for now, but so far I'm pretty impressed!

It's actually smaller than I expected. Shorter than my Kayfun 4! Running an Erlk Mini on it now and it's about the right size!

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread