Status
Not open for further replies.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I really, really don't want to order this potentially terrible mod... but, I sort of really, really do want to order this potentially terrible mod. *sigh*
If you buy it- doesn't matter where from- and you expect anything more than a slightly overpriced enclosure that you can add a board to, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. And from THAT prospective, it only makes sense to buy for the least possible amount. However, if you anticipate it failing and you still want to use it as it's manufactured, it might make sense to buy it from somewhere that'll send you a replacement faster. Unless you end up like one of the 2,153 FT buyers who were dissatisfied. :2cool:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I just took a look at the first pages of both these stores. Interesting to say the least.

In the past month I've placed a half dozen orders from FT...no issues whatsoever. All of the "5 star" reviews for Gearbest smell like "insider" reviews to me...there is just something about the grammar and uniformity of the feedback that leads me to believe the reviews are "cooked". The fact that suddenly you have a glut of 5 star reviews right after everyone here started checking out their website and right before Vaping Cheap posted their coupon is definitely suspect. I've learned to trust my gut on this stuff and I'm going with the known entity if I purchase this mod.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
I have a new FT DNA 30 that has proven itself to be far superior to my Cloupor Cana . Battery life is close to double and the FT never comes on by itself . The enclosures are identical as well , the Cloupor back plate fits the FT version perfectly and vice versa.

FT's new DNA 50 watt mods have step down . I do not trust Cloupor chips at all.

I've been eyeballing that ft dna 50 mod myself for the same reason,

I just dont really see why everyone is so nuts about the "mini" factor. It's not much smaller than the ft dna50, which isnt really that much larger than an mvp. The ft dna 50 has an adjustable center pin, but is also simple to upgrade it to a vt or fd spring loaded 510, which may not be so simple on that cloupor mini box, which looks kind of flimsy cheesy thin in the reviews.

All the "hate" being posted in ft discussions and here about cloupor are really helping me to "just say no" to pulling the trigger on the cloupor mini or the istick so many folks are raving about. Although, I wouldnt hesitate to jump on the innokin/evolve mvp3 if it ever actually happens, as it stands now the much talked about mvp3 is just a roumor or more like an urban legend.

Oh yeah, one more thing, epic failure with the cloupor mini imho... the usb charger port is on the bottom...what were they thinking.... At least with the ft dna 50 they placed the usb port on the side where it belongs !

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I ordered one at FT.

Well just had to order one. I never did the China thing. I hope all works out. The FT. code wouldn't work. But $36.36 price is nice. Hope I get it in the 16 days as the site promised ...........

Odd, the code has been working for me all morning. I just added the Cloupor Mini to my cart and entered the code and it worked fine.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Does anyone else find this "feature" strange?

I don't want to put something magnetic in my pocket- near my metal keys, credit cards in wallet, or phone with hard drive. Maybe I'm not thinking this through, but this is the only thing bugging me.

mini6__79411.1418378411.1280.1280.jpg

Edit: I just watched the youtube video, and I see now why- for the battery cover coming off, which makes sense now. But still.....maybe I'm over thinking it.

Last edited:

CaCHooKa Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I'll be waiting for the reviews before I think about getting one of these. I need a smaller device for when I'm out and about since the Sigelei 100W Plus I have is kind of obnoxious to be lugging around. Don't really want to spend more than $60 on something either since it won't be a device I use all the time.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Battery's

Anybody see's a great deal on 18650's please post. I haven't yet ordered. There will be lots of time since FT isn't know as a super fast shipper. I even think there name should be SlowTech !!
Panasonic NCR18650PF 3.6V 2900mAh, $15.49 for two, delivered. I've bought 4 so far. Note that they're 10A discharge. Fine for what you just bought, not so much for unregulated, higher draw, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread