Cloupor Mini Mod 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trailz

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
NE OH US
I went through my shopping spree around black Friday, now I'm fishing and being patient. There's almost too much going on in this industry right now but cool nonetheless. I am going to order the Cloupor mini but not until its been released and reviewed only because I too need to hold off for a while. I've also just developed a Jimmy the Juiceman "Shrub" addiction ;)

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I went through my shopping spree around black Friday, now I'm fishing and being patient. There's almost too much going on in this industry right now but cool nonetheless. I am going to order the Cloupor mini but not until its been released and reviewed only because I too need to hold off for a while. I've also just developed a Jimmy the Juiceman "Shrub" addiction ;)

The main reason I ordered one is because it's the only "mini" that looks good to me. Worst case is that the chip burns out and I replace it with a dna 40. Right now, there's a 5% off code (xmas14) so I save a little bit too.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Within the last 30 days:

VS rDNA 40
VS DNA 30
Kayfun v4
6 Cloupor Hana clones (warranty returns, 2 work)
2 EHPro KFL+ v2
Hana mini clone
KSD Hana clone

And various parts to upgrade all those hana clones (buttons, VT 510's, etc).

I might've missed a few things.

Good lord O_O I wish I had the money for all that stuff :\

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
1-800-WASNTME :p

I figure this is still cheaper than smoking. The Cloupor Mini is worth about 4-5 packs around here.
I think I still spend less on vape gear than I did smoking. i'd have to add it up lol... my wifes pretty cool about it all actually because money isn't her issue, my health is :) but, I do go overboard from time to time ;)

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
Within the last 30 days:

VS rDNA 40
VS DNA 30
Kayfun v4
6 Cloupor Hana clones (warranty returns, 2 work)
2 EHPro KFL+ v2
Hana mini clone
KSD Hana clone

And various parts to upgrade all those hana clones (buttons, VT 510's, etc).

I might've missed a few things.

Thanks for helping me to feel better about my newly acquired habit. In October I had exactly 1 mod, I now have 11. The Cloupor mini will be number 12. But I believe I'm actually slowing down now. Perhaps a couple more atty's and diy juice stuff and I'll likely be over the shinyitis.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I have to laugh when I read how FT is a "trusted" site! Not that long ago they, as well as FC were looked upon as being iffy and some people STILL don't trust them. ALL these ecig import companies were new at one time. And I wouldn't be surprised if GB was selling at the bare-bones minimum just to be picked up on the Vaping Cheap, etc. radar.

Now as far as the "reviews" on GB, what's with all the negative posts with people crying they haven't received their order in time for Christmas? Last time I looked it was still nearly a week away and besides, if anyone ordered during this time of the year later than 2 months before they wanted it, they are taking a big chance of being disappointed. I mean, this is the busiest time of the year for mail order after all. Free shipping from China can take a while. The Kraken clone I ordered from FT on 11-8 wasn't received until 12-10! I would say that if you are the worrying type and/or in a hurry to avoid buying from China, period. There are plenty of stateside vendors who are all too happy to take your orders. As for me, I am patient. And the ~ $46.00 I spent through paypal with gearbest for a KF V4 and a Cloupor mini will not cause me to loose any sleep.

Lastly- ordering from a "trusted" entity is no guarantee, just look at the good folks who put their Christmas gifts on layaway at kmart. Supposedly there are also problems with toys are us.

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I think I still spend less on vape gear than I did smoking. i'd have to add it up lol... my wifes pretty cool about it all actually because money isn't her issue, my health is :) but, I do go overboard from time to time ;)

I thought about adding up what I spend a couple of months ago and decided against it. :lol:

When I quit smoking, I still loved smoking. I did it for my health. I started when I was 13 and I've always been very active with sports so smoking never really bothered me much. It was only in the last few years that I noticed its affects on me as I wasn't as active as I used to be. I knew it was time to do something about it. I've tried nic gum and patches but they made me sick. Cig-a-likes helped tremendously for over a year but some stressful issues got me smoking again but much less than I used to (3-5 per day vs a pack a day). Once I started vaping, I haven't really had an urge to smoke. It's become somewhat of a hobby as well but still costs less than smoking.

I have to laugh when I read how FT is a "trusted" site! Not that long ago they, as well as FC were looked upon as being iffy and some people STILL don't trust them. ALL these ecig import companies were new at one time. And I wouldn't be surprised if GB was selling at the bare-bones minimum just to be picked up on the Vaping Cheap, etc. radar.

Now as far as the "reviews" on GB, what's with all the negative posts with people crying they haven't received their order in time for Christmas? Last time I looked it was still nearly a week away and besides, if anyone ordered during this time of the year later than 2 months before they wanted it, they are taking a big chance of being disappointed. I mean, this is the busiest time of the year for mail order after all. Free shipping from China can take a while. The Kraken clone I ordered from FT on 11-8 wasn't received until 12-10! I would say that if you are the worrying type and/or in a hurry to avoid buying from China, period. There are plenty of stateside vendors who are all too happy to take your orders. As for me, I am patient. And the ~ $46.00 I spent through paypal with gearbest for a KF V4 and a Cloupor mini will not cause me to loose any sleep.

Lastly- ordering from a "trusted" entity is no guarantee, just look at the good folks who put their Christmas gifts on layaway at kmart. Supposedly there are also problems with toys are us.

I thought the same when I read the reviews but if you keep reading, it's a common theme in what they're doing. There have been enough people that ordered from FT that they're known to be reliable, if a bit slow, and they have a return policy and will work with their customers.

Personally, I try not to order from FT if I can help it but there are a few things that are worth the savings for the wait time (to me).

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I look at it like this: I WILL- eventually- receive what I paid for. The $30.00 box mod is $5.00 cheaper than I can buy a "SX350 ready" enclosure from varitube. So even if it's doa and I for some reason cannot get satisfaction from GB's CS, what am I really out? For ME, I'm not only not out anything, I'm $5.00 up on chipping the enclosure. And because I do not need the capacity of the SX350 chip, I can reuse the enclosure with a board that better suits my purposes. But I do not anticipate any problems w/the mini. Reason is I believe Cloupor has learned an important lesson after the probs they had w/the T's.

As for the flaming of offshore CS- nothing new. There are almost daily rants on the focalecig thread about the same thing and if it's not about getting screwed one way or the other by FC, it's about being screwed by FT. But what I believe is being missed by some is the other 99% of satisfied customers don't blog/whine/moan and piss.

But again, if someone has doubts, or are in fear of being taken advantage of, or are in a hurry- by all means buy elsewhere! There are dozens of importers willing to do bidnez w/you!!!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I really, really don't want to order this potentially terrible mod... but, I sort of really, really do want to order this potentially terrible mod. *sigh*

Cloupor seems to have a terrible track record with their T series but their v3 Hana clones have been pretty good. The reason I ordered is because it was under $35 and I'm most likely going to swap the chip with a DNA 40 if/when the stock chip dies. This is one of the nicest, real "mini" mods available or soon to be released currently, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread