Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
how about i send you some coffee extracts i made and you can test out the flavors first?

bamsbbq,

Thanx a ton! Just received your package. I'll be spending the weekend playing the mad coffee lab assistant...
mad_scientist-3498.gif

I gotta give ya a vaping applause for sharing your creations!

Hopefully, you've received the bottles...
mailbox.gif

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
your quite welcome... the lady at the post office has gotten to know me real well in the last week.lol

strange i PM'd you last night thanking you that bottles arrived safely..forum burp maybe

next project is already steeping in a jar..... Bourbon Vanilla
bamsbbq,

Thanx a ton! Just received your package. I'll be spending the weekend playing the mad coffee lab assistant...
mad_scientist-3498.gif

I gotta give ya a vaping applause for sharing your creations!

Hopefully, you've received the bottles...
mailbox.gif

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Interesting! Post-steep report IS mandatory...
tryme.gif

Please...
BigGrin-1.gif

Post-steep report - the joose was successful :)

I extracted my drug of choice (Seattle's Best French Roast) into 36mg goodprophets VG and mixed it up like this -

25% 36mg coffee extract
41% 36mg VG
6% Lorann Bavarian cream
5% Lorann caramel
2% Lorann cotton candy
21% 0mg VG

Since GP's VG nic is already thinned I didn't have to add any DW and after steeping for five days it turned out to be a pretty nice vape.

edit: A disclaimer. I work in straight VG and if you're mixing up a PG mix you probably won't want nearly that much coffee in your joose ;)

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I big SHOUT out thank you to bamsbbq!!! I recieve the extract you sent about a week ago. Just been skeered to try it in case my wife likes it and I can't reproduce it! (Currently I can't get her to vape anything but vapor bomb's coffee. And the only DIY that I've gotten her to use is some I made with vapor bomb's flavoring. (yea. I cheated... :) )

I'm going to do it tonight after revisiting this thread!

(I didn't send anything back though :( now I feel guilty)

I'll extract something for you to try!!! How's that? :)

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
I big SHOUT out thank you to bamsbbq!!! I recieve the extract you sent about a week ago. Just been skeered to try it in case my wife likes it and I can't reproduce it! (Currently I can't get her to vape anything but vapor bomb's coffee. And the only DIY that I've gotten her to use is some I made with vapor bomb's flavoring. (yea. I cheated... :) )

I'm going to do it tonight after revisiting this thread!

(I didn't send anything back though :( now I feel guilty)

I'll extract something for you to try!!! How's that? :)

no no no..dont worry about extracting anything for me...and you shouldnt have a problem extracting exactly...i am out of nic juice right at the moment so i am only playing with flavors at the moment.

its not really cheating even if you use some other ingredients..if it tastes good, mixing this and that is still DIY

your very welcome

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Do you think that there's much caffeine in this coffee extract? The reason I ask is because I usually don't drink any caffeine because I have an anxiety disorder, so I'm not used to it. The other night, I couldn't resist a large pumpkin spice coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, which I drank slowly over a couple of hours. When I got home, I vaped about a ml of Hubby's homemade coffee juice, and I felt funny. These Kahlua flavors are so tasty that it's hard to resist, and they doesn't come in decaffeinated.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Do you think that there's much caffeine in this coffee extract? The reason I ask is because I usually don't drink any caffeine because I have an anxiety disorder, so I'm not used to it. The other night, I couldn't resist a large pumpkin spice coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, which I drank slowly over a couple of hours. When I got home, I vaped about a ml of Hubby's homemade coffee juice, and I felt funny. These Kahlua flavors are so tasty that it's hard to resist, and they doesn't come in decaffeinated.

let me check at my local store on monday, i am sure i saw some decaf coffee but i honestly think the Kahlua is very low in caffeine...do you and hubby vape the same MG? i know dumb question but you never know..lol

i havent noticed any difference in vaping these and other liquids...when i vape these i am still drinking monsters, coffee or coke. i dont think the amount of caffeine would be great. One cup of coffee contains about 100mg of caffeine... now even if you concentrate that..there is very little extract and caffeine that we are actually ingesting..more in the chocolate that people eat

Last edited:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US

Ya, I made a post awhile back (in this thread) that was pretty much ignored.....
YES!! Looooove the extract, will never 'buy' another coffee flavored juice, but MAN....I cannot vape this in the evening or I'd never sleep! I drink fully caffinated coffee all day every day btw...this really packs a punch, and I would err on the side of caution if caffeine sensitive!

~Patti

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Thanks Vchick .. for the link to this thread .

We were discussing tea extraction and she gave me a link to this thread. After reading thru the thread, I was convinced to try coffee extraction as well.

I am making my first batch of coffee extract, Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle. Followed instructions 2 a T, except I used a 1/2 oz (25ml) vial, so if I understand correctly, I should have about 12ml of extract when it finishes filtering (tomorrow morning probably). Smells wonderful

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas
Kris Kringle

The tea discussion: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/250782-vaping-tea.html

Reactions: kross8

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Bams,
I'm late but none the less I wanted to thank you for the coffee extract.
As soon as I can unpack & use some of my DIY goodies again I will try it and report back. :)

i ran out of unflavored nic juice so instead of my coffee extract going to waste, i traded or PIF'd all of it away..lol

time to make some more :)

Reactions: Cincikid

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Not used to caffeine, I had a little trouble with a weird feeling from the caffeine in the juice I made Hubby with the extracted Kahlua coffee. I am making a batch of decaffeinated coffee extraction tonight, very excited about it.

I had some pumkpin spice coffee at Dunkin Donuts last week, and I can't wait to make some pumpkin spice coffee e juice.

Just thinking of all the different flavored coffees I can try makes me giddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread