Coil P0rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Right on man :thumb:

I ended up finding it by accident really because the one I ordered, I think a drop dead, ended up being out of stock so they hooked me up with the Goon for no extra charge. As I’ve been messing with it I think where it will shine is it’s ability to house ridiculously large coils. It always take me a few months to hone in a new atty and I’m getting there but still not quite convinced I have it dialed in just yet.

I’m liking that copper version, I didn’t know they had ones like that. I figured it was the standard silver, black and maybe a purple or something and the common others but that copper looks pretty dope.

I still haven’t squonked it but I’ve noticed another plus is the juice well. I can just dump a bunch of juice in there and forget about it and I don’t have to keep dripping or worry about it spilling out of the afc or the seam of the cap so all in all I’m pretty happy with it too.:cool:

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
It's an old one I've posted many times, but I love how over the top it was. View attachment 835223 View attachment 835225 View attachment 835227
Can I grill my
aside_DJ08_SIL_4C_Beef_BladeSteak_001.jpg
over this?

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Right on man :thumb:

I ended up finding it by accident really because the one I ordered, I think a drop dead, ended up being out of stock so they hooked me up with the Goon for no extra charge. As I’ve been messing with it I think where it will shine is it’s ability to house ridiculously large coils. It always take me a few months to hone in a new atty and I’m getting there but still not quite convinced I have it dialed in just yet.

I’m liking that copper version, I didn’t know they had ones like that. I figured it was the standard silver, black and maybe a purple or something and the common others but that copper looks pretty dope.

I still haven’t squonked it but I’ve noticed another plus is the juice well. I can just dump a bunch of juice in there and forget about it and I don’t have to keep dripping or worry about it spilling out of the afc or the seam of the cap so all in all I’m pretty happy with it too.:cool:
Yeah I know what you mean, I'm loving it but not just right yet, it's a good squonk mod but it's an airy tank the afc will close one intake completely if you spin it around, I'm seriously thinking of getting some aliens from coilology and vaping this tank at about. 2 ohms, I'll dial it in eventually,I've got it on the topside but can't find how to ramp up faster, my genie hits like a brick with the settings, so I'm going to super sub-ohm with this tank and mod and may the vape gods be with me cause I know it will be top eventually haha3

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob B.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
It looks like from your pics you’re using kanthal? If so give NI80 a try, it has real good ramp up time and reacts quicker than kanthal does.

I like high gauges with my wires too, right now it’s 28 for the cores and 36 for the wrap. I have some 28/40 in the mail so that should be cool but those high gauges don’t waste any time getting up to speed. A quick disclaimer though just incase you don’t know, some people have some sort of reaction to NI80 like an allergy I guess so if you do decide to try and something seems off, it probably is. I’ve never had a problem though and all in all so far I think it’s my favorite.

I plan on trying Stainless Steel for the first time here pretty soon so that should be interesting. Have you ever used that?

Does the Topside have the Low, Normal and High settings on it in the menu? The mod I use, you can pick and it’ll give a little more punch depending on what you pick.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hitting 14.9 amps at 60watt so I think I'm ok to go 70/80 with the 30qs I have in the mod

The amps you see on the screen is not the current drawn from the battery. World of difference.

With a regulated device, it separates coil from the battery – the battery never sees what resistance you are using, it only sees the power you are using. Your current draw at the battery is based on your requested power, battery voltage plus a little extra due to device efficiency. As your battery voltage depletes, current goes up in order to meet your power demand. This is why when calculating battery current draw with a regulated device we use the lowest usable voltage (your device cut off voltage).

Can be calculated as such… Power/# of batteries/Voltage cut off/device efficiency (90% is a good number). So 60 watts on the Topside Dual would be 60/2/3.2/0.9 = ~10.5amps per battery. Your Samsung 30Q are rated for 15amps so good up to 45 watts for a single battery or 90 watts for the pair.

The 14.9 amps you see on the screen is coil voltage/coil resistance

BTW - Good job on the coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread