Coil P0rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Here’s a little better angle on the top coil for how far from the post they are. Any more and it’ll hit the outer wall but I had 3mm already made so I squeezed them in there.

View attachment 843411
Switch the leads. Take the leads that come over the top to the outside and the leads that come under the bottom to the inside. Yes that atty is too small for those coils.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Switch the leads. Take the leads that come over the top to the outside and the leads that come under the bottom to the inside. Yes that atty is too small for those coils.

I think there’s just two too many wraps because if I flip it I’ll have to bend the lead in to get it in the center post too. There’s no room with the outer wall being where it is. So either I.D. or wrap count has to go. I think I’d rather stick with the diameter and ditch 2-3 wraps next time. Other than that it works pretty well. Just a shame the wire looks like hell. I hope I can do it cleaner next time and it’s not that the wire was actually wrapped too loose.

Reactions: Rob B.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
upload_2019-10-9_13-52-53.png

alien coil, oni coils, @ tengu RDA

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Wow, looks good, I might have to try some orf stuff
Depending on your vaping style, it works well. Low power-long drag is fine, high power-short drag is ok too, but high power long drag, at least on my first wicking attempt, as shown, is dry hit city. I'll have to try a few ideas, but don't listen to me. Only thing I know for sure is I know next to nothing.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Well you doing okay and got some top tanks, ss316 for my crea works superb, the crea is a single batt mech so I had a few problems with it, but the coils I bought work well, now the profile, I didn't like the coils supplied but the orf coils look better, I'm not really bothered to be honest cause it's hitting good now with the kanthal

Reactions: Rob B.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread