Coming from JUUL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulip

Sep 30, 2013
Jersey
Hi,

I had a question about the fill your own PODS and JUUL. It has been many years since I have used a system that you fill up yourself, and I am not familiar with a lot of the new tech.

My question is first, what is a good pod system that can use high salt nic 50mg that will push out levels around what the JUUL does, but not much more as I don't want to get nic sick.

Also, what are some good brand juice to use in these? I have been looking at some company called POD juice 55... I am not familiar with a lot of brands these days. (I used to use Johnsons creek and njoy liquids back in the day!)

Thanks.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Out of probably a couple dozen pods I've tried, the best for me has been Vladdin RE. I use NET juice, and I can fill it up to 5 times, which has been incredible for me. Even in my RTA's I only go maybe 8 ml before rebuilding. Can't help with the juice, because I diy. But any device can handle any strength of nic....you'd really only need to worry about the pg/vg ratio, as some pods don't wick well enough to handle all vg. I use all VG in the Vladdin, and it handles it just fine.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: drysprocket

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Another approach is to become more flexible. For the last 4 years I vaped one rig exclusively, SV rda clone on an original Pico. Then all this trouble starts so I decided to buy some vape toys to play with in the future, like a squonker, some tanks, etc. In the process of testing them I learned to like more than one exact vape. In times like these may be being more flexible has virtue. Having said all that the SV on a Pico is still my favorite setup.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Vaping on a Voopoo Vinci right now. Great device so far.

The Uwell Caliburn is widely acclaimed, too. Very simple and flavorful device. Renova Zero and Vladdin Eden/RE are both worth a look as well.
Yeah, have heard almost nothing but good about the Caliburn, but haven't tried it. Zero was weird. I absolutely loved just about everything about it, except draw sensitivity. Had to draw way too hard to activate it. So I never used it long enough to see how long the coils lasted. I've taken hits off of the Minifit, and it hits really well, but don't own that one - a lot of people love it.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Yeah, have heard almost nothing but good about the Caliburn, but haven't tried it. Zero was weird. I absolutely loved just about everything about it, except draw sensitivity. Had to draw way too hard to activate it. So I never used it long enough to see how long the coils lasted. I've taken hits off of the Minifit, and it hits really well, but don't own that one - a lot of people love it.
Caliburn is great. Loose MTL type draw, but good flavor and solid pod performance.

The Zero is a very tight draw, so it might not be for everyone. Mine saw daily use and typically carried in my pocket every day for a year...just died a few weeks ago so not bad for less than $20. I may just replace it...I still find myself enjoying that cigarette type draw.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
The Vladdin RE is like a refillable juul.

Flavors? Sky's the limit there, but if you want tobacco flavor Black Note makes some really nice products.
Wow, I don't get that at all with my preference & style. I think Vladdin hits way better than Juul. With Juul, I have to close one side of the air intake and really try just to get a decent hit, and even then, it's just real "thin."

• Winner
Reactions: United States

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Innokin IO is smaller than the Juul and hits better.

IO.jpg

Reactions: sonicbomb

CharlesTurner

Unresolved Status
    Mar 20, 2020
    • Deleted by Misty
    • Reason: unregistered supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread