The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coming from JUUL..

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Hulip, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hulip

Hulip Full Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Jersey
    Hi,

I had a question about the fill your own PODS and JUUL. It has been many years since I have used a system that you fill up yourself, and I am not familiar with a lot of the new tech.

My question is first, what is a good pod system that can use high salt nic 50mg that will push out levels around what the JUUL does, but not much more as I don't want to get nic sick.

Also, what are some good brand juice to use in these? I have been looking at some company called POD JUICE 55... I am not familiar with a lot of brands these days. (I used to use Johnsons creek and NJOY liquids back in the day!)

Thanks.

2. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Out of probably a couple dozen pods I've tried, the best for me has been Vladdin RE. I use NET juice, and I can fill it up to 5 times, which has been incredible for me. Even in my RTA's I only go maybe 8 ml before rebuilding. Can't help with the juice, because I diy. But any device can handle any strength of nic....you'd really only need to worry about the pg/vg ratio, as some pods don't wick well enough to handle all vg. I use all VG in the Vladdin, and it handles it just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Another approach is to become more flexible. For the last 4 years I vaped one rig exclusively, SV rda clone on an original Pico. Then all this trouble starts so I decided to buy some vape toys to play with in the future, like a squonker, some tanks, etc. In the process of testing them I learned to like more than one exact vape. In times like these may be being more flexible has virtue. Having said all that the SV on a Pico is still my favorite setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Northstar6

Northstar6 Senior Member

May 16, 2019
    Vaping on a Voopoo Vinci right now. Great device so far.

The Uwell Caliburn is widely acclaimed, too. Very simple and flavorful device. Renova Zero and Vladdin Eden/RE are both worth a look as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Yeah, have heard almost nothing but good about the Caliburn, but haven't tried it. Zero was weird. I absolutely loved just about everything about it, except draw sensitivity. Had to draw way too hard to activate it. So I never used it long enough to see how long the coils lasted. I've taken hits off of the Minifit, and it hits really well, but don't own that one - a lot of people love it.

6. Figs

Figs Super Member ECF Veteran

Minifit is always a good choice. But, I bought a bunch of pods for it on sale (.99 each) and everyone so far floods so bad they’re unusable. I’m afraid they were factory seconds. But with good pods it is great, and cheap.

7. Hulip

Hulip Full Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Jersey
    Thanks for the tips, everyone. I have been looking at the Caliburn that was mentioned and also the Novo 2... any thoughts about that one?

8. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    No idea on the Novo 2, but got the caliburn for the wife, she likes it. Pods are apparently very long lasting since she's only gone thru 3 of them, and 120+ ml juice since she got it (actually got 2 caliburns, that way one can be charging, probably get another one for back-up soon).

9. Northstar6

Northstar6 Senior Member

May 16, 2019
    Caliburn is great. Loose MTL type draw, but good flavor and solid pod performance.

The Zero is a very tight draw, so it might not be for everyone. Mine saw daily use and typically carried in my pocket every day for a year...just died a few weeks ago so not bad for less than $20. I may just replace it...I still find myself enjoying that cigarette type draw.

10. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    The Vladdin RE is like a refillable juul.

Flavors? Sky's the limit there, but if you want tobacco flavor Black Note makes some really nice products.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Wow, I don't get that at all with my preference & style. I think Vladdin hits way better than Juul. With Juul, I have to close one side of the air intake and really try just to get a decent hit, and even then, it's just real "thin."

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Innokin IO is smaller than the Juul and hits better.

IO.jpg

• Like Like x 1