Status
Not open for further replies.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I am having one small problem and also a question. There was a DCC that was sent with the kit. There is a very small pinhole in the side of it. Does that mean it is for a tank? My issue is that if there is even a LITTLE bit too much juice, the unit pretty much stops -- hard draw, barely if any vape, and i have to clean it out and make sure that there is absolutely no juice that comes out the bottom. Am i doing something wrong? This has happened occasionally on the ego and I can tell right away if it gurgles but it still works.

You can use that carto without a tank, just put a piece of tape over the hole then it is just a DCC. You can buy the SmokeTech tank quite reasonably at https://www.madvapes.com/Dual-Coil-510-Tank-Cartomizer_p_3324.html for $12 or a smaller one https://www.madvapes.com/Dual-Coil-510-Tank-Cartomizer-35ml_p_3368.html for $10.

Both come with a DCC like the one you have.

If you don't need one right away you can get them for $9 and $8.5 at http://www.greenhouseone.com/Electronic-Cigarette-Cartomizers-s/34.htm

If you have questions about this tank mod let me know I've had one for several weeks.

Errol

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Thanks errol! I tried it with my J tank and no go. The juice i think is too thick to go into that little hole (I use 100% VG alien visions). Good idea on the tape trick though, never thought of that!

Hi Dotma,

The Smok Tech tank is a very well built unit, probably as good as any and particularly at the price. The only problems I have is it is proprietary, it is built for that extra long Smok Tech carto with that miniscule hole that is way too small for many. It's about 1/32" .035 and that may wick a straight PG mix but it won't wick VG which I also use. I re-drilliled the hole a little larger larger .045" and drilled a little bit larger hole .050" nearer the top to make sure the top coil was properly fed and it still won't wick for me, even after I mixed a 50/50 VG/PG batch.

It is a nice carto though and I'll keep experimenting in small increments until I get it to wick without flooding.

Errol

nysfinest318

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Livermore, CA
Ordered it Thurs. and it is in transit as I write. Two day free shipping, should be here Mon. or Tue. That is not bad considering a week ago I had never heard of it. I did a lot of research before I purchased it though. With the discount total cost was around 111.00 and that is with (2) xtra bats.

Where exactly did you order it from vaprhed? I've been looking and all I've been able to find are vids and reviews...when I go to the site and click BuyNow there is no Lava Tube option...

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Customer Service does not have the link for the preorder and is not giving it out to people if they create a support ticket asking. Please do not contact our CS department for the link. The Lavatube is still preorder, and not meant to be up for general sale yet, as our stock numbers are not ready for a general public release yet. We are looking at a public release next week. We are currently awaiting our next shipment form the factory, this shipment will also be containing our Red and Silver Lavatubes. Once that shipment is in we will open sales to the public.

Once again please do not open a support ticket asking for the Lavatube they can not give it out. Thank you.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Hi Dotma,

The Smok Tech tank is a very well built unit, probably as good as any and particularly at the price. The only problems I have is it is proprietary, it is built for that extra long Smok Tech carto with that miniscule hole that is way too small for many. It's about 1/32" .035 and that may wick a straight PG mix but it won't wick VG which I also use. I re-drilliled the hole a little larger larger .045" and drilled a little bit larger hole .050" nearer the top to make sure the top coil was properly fed and it still won't wick for me, even after I mixed a 50/50 VG/PG batch.

It is a nice carto though and I'll keep experimenting in small increments until I get it to wick without flooding.

Errol

You could take a plumbers pipe cutter and cut the tube down so it fits the Boge cartos if you want to :)

Sublym1

Apr 29, 2011
Ewa Beach, HI
My Volcano LT with a red Cartomator (3ohm Boge Carto) & a brushed stainless (removed all the chipped paint with a wire wheel) Inferno 1000 with a nekkid Mega Carto.

LTInferno.jpg

Last edited:

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
The lavatube may be a good V V device, I hope it is, I doubt if it will replace my Darwin or Provari, but will be a nice addition to my V V collection. I dont really understand why there is such a ridiculous delay in getting these to the market place.at one time they were supposed to be available 1st week in December...well here we are..they are obviously readily available in the UK..and made in China, and available for wholesale purchases. Maybe to hype up the sales? And then only available in a $100 kit?? Most of us wont need the batterys or case or atty (no brand mentioned atty, or resistance)...just the device.

I hope more vendors buy these from China and get them on their sites, competition drives prices down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread