Congestion, lungs burning, and sinuses irritated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzbo

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, Fl
I smoked tobacco cigs for about 35 years, and you wouldn't believe what my body did to me to pay me back for all that abuse when I switched to vaping. I was coughing up phlegm and my sinuses went nuts for about 4 days...tapered off fairly quickly though. If you can rule out a reaction to the PG, then more than likely you're just going through some serious detoxing. :)

BethAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Over Yonder, Texas
www.facebook.com
Kd did...i had the same exact lung pain that you are describing for about a week after i quit the stinkies. I seriously thought i was getting bronchitus... My husband did not experience it either. I looked for answers but could not find a reason? It will soon pass if you are not getting sick with a bug.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I do hope you tried the simple solution I gave a few hours ago - DRINK SOME WATER. When this happens to me, and it does, I drink and a while later it is better. So, had you drunk the water you should be feeling better by now. I need at least 3 liters per day. All that vapor you are producing is the water being pulled from you. So the normal 2 liters you should be drinking per day plus one for vaping.

If it isn't that, then try lowering the PG. I find if I vape more than 50/50 I sometimes get the congestion. Then I drink a bunch of water, and a few hours later I am better. I do of course go back to 50/50 or less and it doesn't come back unless I forget to drink my 3 liters of water a day. Less than 3 liters, its back regardless of the PG.

Apollyon2318

Oct 20, 2012
Seattle
I've quit before without vaping for a couple months, and it sounds like you're just going through the post quit side effects. I experienced those symptoms, albeit a bit lighter. Some people get over it quick, others it may take some time.

If it continues after a couple months, it may be related to the eliquids. Try changing it up then. Best of luck!

Kd did

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Thank you so much for all of the advice. I am drinking lots of water now. I didn't not realize vaping dehydrates you. That could explain a lot. I also take high blood pressure pills, which have a diuretic in them. This might explain why I had problems and my husband did not. I do not feel sick, but think I might be getting a sinus infection. Blowing lots of pretty colors out my nose today! I ordered a bunch of ejuice in a 50/50 mix. Hopefully, I don't have a PG issue. I will keep my fingers crossed on that one. I have also noticed that the irritation is more with some ejuice flavors than others...even by the same vendor. It is all trial and error. I will stick with it.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Agree with the others about dehydration...add to that more than 3 cups of java per day and/ or caffeine laced drinks and extreme dehydration sets in. I also use a nasal lubricant and saline rinse when I'm inhaling/ exhaling through my nasal areas. PG also coats the mouth, throat and nasal area.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Day 4 for me using ego-c kit with 70/30 mix. Same thing - shortness of breath, tight feeling in the lungs. No phlegm though. I have asthma and occasionally use an inhaler. Ordered some pure PG and VG liquids in 16mg strength. I'll start experimenting once I get them next week.

Kinda weird but I'm thinking it's the 'vape' itself. If I take a drag and hold it in the mouth first for a couple of seconds and then inhale, it seems better. But at the same time, I don't get that 'hit' - I'm such a newb...

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I ordered a bunch of ejuice in a 50/50 mix. Hopefully, I don't have a PG issue. I will keep my fingers crossed on that one. I have also noticed that the irritation is more with some ejuice flavors than others...even by the same vendor. It is all trial and error. I will stick with it.
That exactly describes my situation, some flavors just cause me distress for some reason, thick throat, headache... even cutting them with straight VG won't fix it (lowers the nic, ups the VG %) so I just have to drink a LOT to feel better. I started DIY for that exact reason. And to save money of course...

I do hope it is as simple as drinking water and staying away from a few flavors. I know right away if a flavor is going to affect me, and in fact even asked a vendor if there was a certain ingredient in one flavor not in another (I was thinking maybe a sweetener or something) but they only told me that it was a high PG most likely. There are so many flavors out there I just try to stay away from those I know will cause the discomfort.

Good luck!

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Don't over worry. 3 days into quitting smoking I thought I was dying and had waited to long to quit. Coughing, chest pain, headache, sweats, racing heart, general misery. However, I now believe this was the purge. At first I thought vape was worse than cigars and cigs, but as time passed so did the symptoms. Interesting, how the smokes fight to keep you puffing. That was 2 years ago and I feel much much better. Vaping now keeps me off the poison. After 45 years of smoking, I now have clear lungs, and incredible stamina compared to the weak, smoke slave I was. I am down to 4 mg nic juices, and will go to 0 nic at some point. Doubt I will ever quit vaping even at 0 nic, because I like it. But I FEEL GREAT!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread