Read this! Congress to BAN everything - take action now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    That's right, you didn't misread it, it's the worst bill we've come up against yet:

This is from the vaping360 article:

The bill includes a variety of provisions that will affect vapers, including:
    • FLAVOR BAN Prohibits products containing “characterizing flavors” other than tobacco—unless they are specifically approved by the FDA and are proven to “significantly increase the likelihood of smoking cessation”
    • ONLINE SALES BAN Prohibits all non-face to face sales
    • FDA USER FEES Gives the FDA authority to collect $100 million in user fees from the vaping industry annually, which will increase prices
    • SYNTHETIC NICOTINE REGULATIONS Orders FDA to regulate products containing synthetic nicotine
    • ADVERTISING RESTRICTIONS Extends all FDA rules on the sales and marketing of cigarettes to vaping products, including advertising restrictions
    Take action now and tell your representative to vote NO on HR2339

Contact your Rep here

As @UncleJunkle pointed out over the weekend, there is a separate taxation bill up for vote on the same day, make your voices heard people!

Nic Base $3K/liter - March 2020...

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Takes longer if you add a strong personal message. ;) :lol: :mad:

I have mixed feelings on that. We all know they don't read this stuff. NO one has the time for that. They just want to know specifically what you're looking for them to do.

I erase all that pre-filled verbiage on those forms and enter...

Subject: Vote NO (or YES, whatever the case may be) for HRXXXX
    Message: Please vote NO (or YES, whatever the case may be) for HRXXXX if you would like my vote in the next election.

I may be wrong for doing that, but I just want to get to the point and make sure they know why I contacted them without wasting their time or giving them a reason not to read it or understand it.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I have mixed feelings on that.

I do, too. But I've heard from others, more politically savvy people, that personal messages weigh more than just prefilled mass emails. Who knows. I've been adding my story to all those emails and letters for the past ten years, so it's become a habit.
    proxy.php

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread