Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I don't understand either. It's claimed that their mod has no venting (??), Amerivape claims that it DOES vent at "35 psi" (another ??) and threaten legal action against a reviewer, then they pull their mod off the market claiming that they're worried about people getting hurt using clones of their mod.

Lolwut_pear.jpg

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
What it really sounds like is they realized it doesn't actually vent as they say it does (under an IMR venting condition), and they are using the clone thing as an excuse to save face.

Nothing else makes sense. "Oh well the clones have won, even though our device works as exactly as described, the clones might not, so we're going to pull this device off the market that we've hyped to no end (that we knew there would be clones of) and poured thousands of dollars into designing, and that is still selling really well."

Biggest load of BS I have heard in my life. Now watch, they will redo the venting feature and release it as V2 or as another mod entirely.

alkaiser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Orange County, CA
www.sjchon.com
oh well who cares. a bunch people who have no idea how to run a company dug their own grave with their nonsense. BSing about being engineers and throwing random terms and saying their mod is supposed to vent at 35 psi (5 is fine). now throwing around nonsense about cloning being the reason they're stopping production. lol.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
oh well who cares. a bunch people who have no idea how to run a company dug their own grave with their nonsense. BSing about being engineers and throwing random terms and saying their mod is supposed to vent at 35 psi (5 is fine). now throwing around nonsense about cloning being the reason they're stopping production. lol.

Exactly. Imagine if every company handled product defects this way. Don't do any recalls or safety bulletins, just stop making the product, issue denials, and deflect blame.

Sounds like a successful Dilbert-esque business model!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What it really sounds like is they realized it doesn't actually vent as they say it does (under an IMR venting condition), and they are using the clone thing as an excuse to save face.

Nothing else makes sense. "Oh well the clones have won, even though our device works as exactly as described, the clones might not, so we're going to pull this device off the market that we've hyped to no end (that we knew there would be clones of) and poured thousands of dollars into designing, and that is still selling really well."

Biggest load of BS I have heard in my life. Now watch, they will redo the venting feature and release it as V2 or as another mod entirely.
I agree 100%
If they "spent thousands" designing a mechanical mod they are not equipped to run any business.
Mod=flashlight.
Some effort may be found in redesigning the cosmetics, but thousands?
Where? Who got paid thousands to redesign a horn switch? And what numbskull cut that check?
No one did. It's BS.

I think the guys just got in over their heads and have no idea how to run a business.

A common thing in this industry.

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
Just wear a full face helmet or maybe two when vaping and you should be alright.

Watch Todd review, basically he says the mod vents are closed when the button is depressed. Which is a bit of a problem since it is sold as a "competition mod", which I reckon means professional cloud chaser setup, if such things exists (lol if it does.)

So people buying this mod are typically going to go lower than most, it doesn't vent and it is made of thicker metal than any other mod. What could go wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread