CONTEST: Ok,So Who Here Loves Vapin, But Can't Afford Their Favorite Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
New Jersey
Who of you feel like the outta box setup just don't work for , but you're dying to find the right solution. You want a chuck, an xhaler, a Silver Bullet, a black box mod or whatever,a carlos juice box or whatever else is out there cause you know the might be the answers to your as of yet fullfilled vaping experiencce..., but alas, you just don't have the money for it right?

Well that's why I'm here.The five people to respond to this thread with sincerity and urgency, about how vaping is failing them so far but that they're stickin with it and just need one of these devices to help etc...Those that are genuine in their appeal and gracious in their nature,will wina Mod of their choice from the list. They will be brand new with all accessories and whatever color you want whether it be a silver bullet, custom designed chuck,pretty xhaler, carlos juice box, whatever you choose. You get the idea.

The first five that I pick out of this thread will win. when i announce thewinners they can PM me with their choices and options. All the hardware is on me; out of my pocket, because I find it a good cause to try and get fencers or the not-so-sures back over into our camp but with the right tools.

So... Got a story? Want a Chuck, xhaler, silver bullet... Just tell me your story below. Yes, this is legit.

God bless,

Jeremy

EDIT: The contest is now closed. I will be PM'ing the winners shortly! (Ended up being 6)

Last edited:

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Heh, I've really been wanting a Protege` for the past week, but I've already spent 140$ on the Blu POS and then another 45 - 50$ on my Joye 510.

The joye510 definitely gets the job done but I think I want something more sturdy and longer lasting. I'm having an analog right now because both of my batteries are dead..

My husband won't let me spend any more money on these things :p He says it's a "Passing phase" and "a waste of money".

pah.

This is a really generous offer, Jeremy!
Good luck to all :)

stopx

Nov 11, 2009
I started vapeing just recently, reasons: loved to smoke my red 100's but was laid off and unemployed for a year. Luckily, through gods good graces, I found another job but the pay cut was a killer. Not complaining in this economy, but I had to cut back big time. With higher and higher taxes on smokes I had to make a decision, smoke or pay bills. I discovered this place by accident and decided I could still get mmy fix but could save some $$. Been using a 510 kit and, well it has saved me big bucks over 2 cartons a week, I'm finding the attys and cart fillers ( using 3 diff cart mods) to be quite fankly, a pain in the ... at times. Good vapes days are great but those bad ( everything goes wrong) vape days suck. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth it to stick with this but you gotta pay the bills.
I read a lot of the pv mods, but they seem out of the question in having to buy more and more when you just don't have the cash so I settled on sucking on this 510 and just hope I can get the cart just right and hope that today will be a good vape day.

bigozone

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Kentucky
i want a chuck.... while i could go into my background and financial situation, to be totally honest i don't need it since i build my own 6v mods (and a few 3.7v for others)

i find this very generous and want one of the more needy and deserving people get the chance to experience the wonderful world of higher voltage and longer battery life.

may the blessings come back your way jeremy.

sincerely,
bigozone

Juan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Miami
well i honestly love vaping. I am a proud owner of a Nebula V9 and to be quite frankly is a great experience to be alternating on my vice, for a safer one!!!

but i seem to encounter a one main dilemma that i bet concerns alot of ppl in this forum. the fact of having to explain the ignorant ppl that its a safe way of smoking, and permitting around public place its such a hassle. in my opinion the ciggarette company has effectively suppressed the relations between E-cigs and the public and its so sad that the U.S doesnt inform correctly about this amazing product. due to ignorance and mis-information, i have had to put my E-cig away in a couple of occassions. well i hope i win the device so that at least i can vape in the peace grounds of my home. thank you and have a good day!

Juan

kalekona

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Washington State
Honestly can't say it is failing for me since I have yet to get my 510- but I am trying to equip both my husband and myself so that we can both succeed at this. And financially it isn't going to be easy-
The Chuck looks fun and the Protege' is cool but I really just want enough battery's, atty's and supplies for both of us to quit. (and OK silly me does covet the Emerald Green Joye 510)

Being analog free is important for me not just for my health, but for my kids-
ok so they aren't all kids anymore they are 26,24 and 16-but from almost the day she learned the signs my middle daughter has been the over dramatic, "I can't stand the smoke- when are you going to stop" type.
Then add the fact that I have only 2 years until the horrid Senior year for the youngest- saving money not smoking would sure make the hemorrhaging of money for Graduation easier. lol

Last edited:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
That is one of the best offers of generosity I've seen on here. I personally am fine with what I have. I do have a very dear friend that introduced me to vaping because she was afraid I was going to die from heart problems if I didnt stop smoking. She kept on me for a couple of weeks before I finally broke down and ordered a 901.

Stephanie is a mother of three kids that she puts before herself. She hardly ever buys anything for herself. I send her little care packages now and then to make sure she stays stocked up. I know she would love to have a mod like the Chuck or the SB. And I know she would truly appreciate it. She is one of those people that will help others before she does anything for herself. That doesn't leave a whole lot left over for her to splurge in any way. She has to stay on the go with her kids and it would be so much easier if she could just toss a mod in her purse and not have to worry about taking a dozen batteries to get her through the day.

Edit to add: I have given her a 901 Nicostick but my skills are lacking so it doesn't work anymore. If anyone deserves a gold star it's her. She really did save my life!

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

Last edited:

Buster

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Where ever
Basically what he said without the job.:(
But I will complain about the economy.
I started vapeing just recently, reasons: loved to smoke my red 100's but was laid off and unemployed for a year. Luckily, through gods good graces, I found another job but the pay cut was a killer. Not complaining in this economy, but I had to cut back big time. With higher and higher taxes on smokes I had to make a decision, smoke or pay bills. I discovered this place by accident and decided I could still get mmy fix but could save some $$. Been using a 510 kit and, well it has saved me big bucks over 2 cartons a week, I'm finding the attys and cart fillers ( using 3 diff cart mods) to be quite fankly, a pain in the ... at times. Good vapes days are great but those bad ( everything goes wrong) vape days suck. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth it to stick with this but you gotta pay the bills.
I read a lot of the pv mods, but they seem out of the question in having to buy more and more when you just don't have the cash so I settled on sucking on this 510 and just hope I can get the cart just right and hope that today will be a good vape day.

Posidon

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I've been trying to get my father, aunt, and uncle to switch to electronic cigarettes for a few months now. I've been struggling to get them motivated to switch and they all seem quite content using analongs. The three of them basically smoke all day together in the house around a 5 and 2 year old, who have developed asthma and I know one of them uses a nebulizers. I honestly don't know how anyone could expose their children to the amount of second had smoke that I've seen. Three adults chain smoking daily is defiantly going to leave the kids with some type of long term damage. In the summer they go outside, but now that its winter they stay in and blow the smoke out the vent above the stove or just into the house. So I think I pushed them a bit hard at first to switch and they look at me like a sales man when I bring it up.

A few days ago, when I read that there wasn't going to be a ban on imports, I wrote an e-mail to my dad as a last ditch effort to get them to just try it for a while. I told him that I had a few extra parts if he wanted to give the e-cigarette a shot. He's seen me using standard 510's and now sees me using the chuck and tries some of my new flavors. He said he would give it a go, but I'm a bit apprehensive about giving him standard 510 batteries when a battery mod would make the transition so much easier.

I've basically tried everything with them except leaving kits on their doorstep. If just one of them caught on to the electronic cigarette, I just hope that the rest would follow. Not only for their health, but for the health of the kids. I'd love to get them started on a flashy, non finicky mod that would get them hooked AND excited about a new healthier lifestyle.

~Bean75~

Jan 1, 2010
Mississippi
i've been unemployed for just over a year with no prospects as of yet other than school so that's what i'm doing... the hard part of this is that my wife got laid off the same day...we struggled to keep buying cigs (analog) and recently got our first sets of e-cigs... we loved them to some extent but as of yet they have left us a little disappointed... the battery life, the burnt taste.. the dying carts etc... we keep looking for the best options, but with funds at an all time low, and not looking much brighter until i get out of school we just have to keep struggling through it... any help here would make life soooo much easier!!

thanks for any consideration

Last edited:

Hawk52501

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
Iowa, USA
After trying different things over the years to quit, like the patch,gum, even Aeros smokless cigs, nothing worked, and I was hopless. Then while researching e-cigs online, I came across this wonderful site. Didnt want to spend a whole lot this time around trying to quit, because I figured these things were gonna be like every other product i've tried. Started vaping on Jan 4th, as soon as I got my 510 kit, and havent had an analog yet. Finally something that actually worked! I enjoy my 510 very much, but its seems as though my batteries dont last as long as i thought they would after charging, and I seem to go through carts pretty fast after refilling them. Was looking into other models and mods, but those like you have listed and others have praised about are a bit out of my price range.
I'm pretty technically inclined, so I may venture into building a mod of some sort down the road:)

For someone like yourself to start a thread like this, and offer what you are offering, is yet another reason I believe this is the nicest, most informative forum I have ever came across:thumbs:

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
I wanted to tell you that your generosity is a beautiful gesture to help others be healthy, especially in such a depressing economy and self-centered society. It really was uplifting to read your post and I hope whoever you choose to bestow the gift of better health on truly attains freedom from analogs.

I have been committed to my 901 because at first I knew nothing about ecigs and I bought from the 1st supplier I saw after I googled ecigs. I needed to quit smoking because I am very ill living on a fixed income alone. Analogs were going to cost me $120 a month so I thought ecigs would save money. Maybe by now they have.

I spent a fortune at first buying and destroying atties and bad bats, using juice that I couldnt stand, just the usual noob frustrations. I HAVE been analog free, but feel unfree because I get so tired of tasting burning who-knows-what, obsessing with filling carts every 5 minutes, making sure the PT isnt twisted, wishing I wasn't tethered to a PT 12 hours a day and feeling embarrassed when anyone who comes over sees me sucking on a duct tape covered PT that I have to keep going since I cant afford a new one til March. I am stuck with this 901 whether I like it or not, but sometimes I wish I had a mod with a better battery that could hold more juice. I wish I could sit outside and vape but the batteries are wimpy and die too fast and I am forced to use a PT in order to get a decent sensation of ah, I am inhaling my one last pleasure in life.

ECF has been a real blessing to me. At times I envy those who have mods, especially Chucks and GLVs but I know that I wont ever be able to afford a mod. And since after 3 months of trial and error I finally can take care of this 901 ok, even tho it would be awesome to have a mod, in my case it would be a luxury. Just yesterday I was thinking I might buy some analogs just to have portability. I would never have quit smoking if it wasnt for financial reasons. I loved smoking. Vaping saves me from the fear of disease but now I am hooked up to something I cant ever walk around with easily.

I hope you find the right people to help. You are doing something so incredibly kind. Blessings to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread