Contribute to atty research, answer this question please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
I'm starting a new research project to try and determine statistically how reliable the average atty is. To map this out, I need you guys to post replies to this thread answering the following:

1. Out of the last 10 attys you bought, how many:
a. Gave you problems right off the bat? (This could be DOA, under performing, burnt taste, really anything that makes you think the atty wasn't 100%)
b. Gave you problems after a few days (3-4) (These are problems that cleaning doesn't help, or when you clean the problems return within a few hours of use)

2. Whats your atty type (510, 801, etc) - optional

3. If you can detect the manufacturer then provide this info. Please don't include the reseller though.

Once I have around 100 replies, I'll do some calculations an publish the results and create a pie graph on a blog post for you guys.

Also to keep the stats accurate try not to answer unless you are pretty sure about the facts, and atties purchased or used in 2010/2011.

Thanks and happy vaping!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I'm starting a new research project to try and determine statistically how reliable the average atty is. To map this out, I need you guys to post replies to this thread answering the following:

a. Gave you problems right off the bat? (This could be DOA, under performing, burnt taste, really anything that makes you think the atty wasn't 100%)
None.

b. Gave you problems after a few days (3-4) (These are problems that cleaning doesn't help, or when you clean the problems return within a few hours of use)
None.

LR 510
LR 901
eGo Mega

3. If you can detect the manufacturer then provide this info. Please don't include the reseller though.
Joye
Sailebao
unknown non-Joye 510 knock-off

Once I have around 100 replies, I'll do some calculations an publish the results and create a pie graph on a blog post for you guys.

Also to keep the stats accurate try not to answer unless you are pretty sure about the facts, and atties purchased or used in 2010/2011.

Thanks and happy vaping!

I've had pretty decent luck with atties...

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado

None

None

Joye

Thanks and happy vaping!

I've had very good luck with my attys. I've only lost one of the original 6 that I purchased with my Riva kits over two months ago.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth

a. Gave you problems right off the bat? (This could be DOA, under performing, burnt taste, really anything that makes you think the atty wasn't 100%) = 0
b. Gave you problems after a few days (3-4) (These are problems that cleaning doesn't help, or when you clean the problems return within a few hours of use) = 0

2. Whats your atty type (510, 801, etc) - optional = eGo Mega

3. If you can detect the manufacturer then provide this info. Please don't include the reseller though. = Joye

Thanks and happy vaping!

please see responses in the quote.

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN

a. Gave you problems right off the bat? (This could be DOA, under performing, burnt taste, really anything that makes you think the atty wasn't 100%)0
b. Gave you problems after a few days (3-4) (These are problems that cleaning doesn't help, or when you clean the problems return within a few hours of use)0

2. Whats your atty type (510, 801, etc) - optional 901

3. If you can detect the manufacturer then provide this info.SLB Please don't include the reseller though.

Thanks and happy vaping!
Between my husband and I we have only lost 1 atty in 5 months,and that was because I tried to debridge it

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
1a) Zero
1b) Zero
2) 510
3) Joye

Note on answer (2) above, I have also used, for brief periods of time, the following atomizers with no issues...
--RN4081
--DSE103
--LR 510
--BE112
--Joye 306

I personally believe that a huge percentage of atomizer issues are user error.
But then maybe some day I'll get a bad one and change my mind.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread