Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
To those that convert their friends, family, and neighbors:

I am heading north in a couple weeks and will be around many family members that smoke. What I'd like to do, is take along some things to help convert some of them. I'm NO good when it comes to this, so the better prepared I am, the better outcome I think I may have.

What I need is some ideas of things to take.. what have you used to convert? What works best? Anything I should avoid? And if I were to convert someone(s)- what would be the best 'starter kit' for a newly converted person?

TIA,
Leanne

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
Since I'm really new to vaping (20 days), my suggestion would be to take along a wide variety of juices, and some very mild or non-flavored juice. Finding the right 'flavor' was (and continues to be) the hardest thing to conquer for me.

Had I not been determined to quit analogs, I would have given up the first day because the juice I ordered was awful.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
Well friend you have time order some disposables and then when the opportunity arises just talk about what you are doing if they are interested dive them a disposable. For full disclosure I am not a Gotvapes employee but I use their disposable as backup and LOVE them. They are on sale right now. For people you are trying to convert your could either go with menthol (tell them it does not taste like menthol they know or they may be shocked) or the other tobacco flavor. Cannot remember what it is called but I liked it ...it is kind of a nutty flavored tobacco. Don't push it!!! When they see you they will be curious ....just offer it to them and if they want it let them have them if they don't ..... let it go. Do not be discouraged either way. You are the best evidence for them to try it.

Last edited:

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
Now that the Ego-T tank system is available its never been easier. I know...you lose all that yummy flavor..lalala Answer this...are analogs yummy....NO

A new convert isnt interested in strawberry cheese cake..they just NEED ease of use to start. Fill the tank with some Gourmet Full Flavor Tobacco...not much flavor no matter the unit and vape. Of co.... this is just my opinion...so..take it for what it is.

Good luck..

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
These are prefilled Boge LR cartos: 510 BOGE Cartomizers |510 Pre-Filled LR Cartomizer | Low Resistance Boge 510 Cartomizer|Boge 510 Low Resistance Carto's I've tested many many LR Boge cartomizers and they almost always come out to 2.2ohms. I put them OFTEN on little skinny auto 510 batteries (I am vaping one now set up like this) and the only thing that happens is my batt needs charging 15 minutes sooner than if I'd used a 3ohm cartomizer. I have never had one suddenly kill a battery. This set up feels the most like smoking to me out of everything I've ever tried...and you know I've tried a ton of gear. I still, over a year in to this and with many voltages and devices to choose from, crave this set up to get the "smoking like" experience. Just let them know that if/when they get sick of the batt life, there are options that don't really look like cigarettes (eGo, Riva, etc.) to move up to...but almost all new vapers want their gear to be very cig-like...this will do it. :) Hope that helps.

I would get a few of those disposable kits ( I saw them today for 9.99) and Just some differnt prefilled carts- BUT, once I tried a flavor- I DIDNT WANT a tabacco taste- and I was a 'smoke because I LOVE the taste' smoker- (as a matter of fact, I ended up putting orange extract IN a nasty tabacco flavored cart that I got at a local store- before I found this place and learned I could get a decent PV. )

I DID want a cigarette (and still do) feel- but want FLAVOR- I fell in love with strawberry, and just have to get it tweaked to be the perfect taste- I would take at least two fruits, a vanilla mocha/coffee type thing, one or two deserts, and possibly a candy- Bubble gum or something- in addition to the prefilled tabacco taste ones. I think it would be GREAT to have some to help folks-

THE DAY I got my titan in the mail, a cousin was here- She watched me open it- and took the crappy store one I had bought- nasty tabacco carts and all- and was THRILLED to get it- just so she could get started THEN and get her own Titan ordered- Its already been passed on to the next person- AND it didnt work- it only would hold a 20 minute charge- LOL

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Thank you TTG! Great input from a newbie.. really appreciate that.

SMRT: :) you are a doll.. thanks hon, and I had thought about the Apollos.. good to hear that Gotvapes is running a sale! TTYTYYTY

Eye: why do I want to convert? Well, for starters; my aunt will be one of the people there. She is in the early stages of emphysema. NOT a good disease. It will kill her. IF I can do anything to help prevent that, or DELAY that, then I will. For the others; well, they are family. nuff said
(sorry if that sounds harsh. just a bit sensitive bout my family right now. my apologies)

Marcus: ooo! Didn't even think about the tank! Great idea. thanks!

Miss B: thanks for the link! I will def pick some up. Do the 2.2's normally fizzle out with a reg batt?

Keyz: thanks hon. You like the 808's right? Know of any good deals on batts ATM? or kits? I think I have some cartos (I never liked the 808 cartos, so I'm not very savvy on them)

Cleo: thanks much! I will def take some of those with me.

and I promise not to be pushy :p

Last edited:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
"Miss B: thanks for the link! I will def pick some up. Do the 2.2's normally fizzle out with a reg batt?"

The issue with the lower resistance on standard 510 batts is that it's said to damage the lower mAh batteries. I have never once had a problem using the LR cartos on my skinny automatic batteries, though that doesn't mean it can't happen. I just need the lower resistance to feel more warmth and get more vapor from my cartomizer/skinny batt combo. Literally, all I've experienced using this system that could be considered negative is that the lower resistance of the carto drains the battery a bit faster. That's fine with me, so I just keep doing it. :) You may also wish to buy blank Boge LR (2ohm is what they say, but again, they test out almost always at 2.2ohms) cartos and fill them right in front of your folks to show them how to do it...I just thought the prefilleds would show how easy it is to screw a carto to a battery and begin vaping...easy peasy, you know. :) 808's are also a good starting point for folks, I do agree with Keyzy on that point. I just like the draw better with my 510 Boges and have all 510 gear, so I'm just going from what I truly know to function well and feel much like the experience of smoking. I think that was key for me in the very beginning of this journey, and think that it's going to help new vapers stick with it long enough to see how it can truly work for them. Just my thoughts. :)

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Looks like you've gotten a lot of great advice! I'm sure it's been said, but so far I've converted 3 smokers using auto Joye's and pre-filled cartos. I always make sure to let them know that while that combo gives the most realistic smoking sensation, there are much better units. All 3 have now switched to eGo's, and hubby is even thinking about a mod. (Something I was pretty sure would NEVER happen. I've showed him many of my loaner mods and he has always scoffed at them!).

The reason I feel this is the best method to convert, is because a smoker doesn't really believe in ANYTHING that you tell them is going to help them quit - If they've been smoking for 5+ years, chances are they've tried to quit and failed - a lot. So I even try to make sure the carto is yellow (like a filter) with a white auto batt w/ red LED. They are always far more prone to accept something that looks and operates like a cigarette, even if WE know that it's a terrible unit for the long-term. Once they gain faith in e-cigarettes, then you go ahead and teach them about atomizers, manual batts, and last but not least - mods =D

I'm not sure LR cartos are the best way to go, due to battery life and the fact that they aren't really that necessary for new vapors (They will be surprised that the unit gives ANY throat hit at all - trust me. They will go into it believing that it will feel like air.) Also, though it seems unhealthy, I always start them at 30+MG. Think about it - It's still healthier than smoking, and inundating them with ridiculous amounts of nicotine will give them a better chance at believing in the product, as well as being too sick to smoke a cigarette :p

Good luck. And also, how far north??? :D

Last edited:

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
leannebug,

Couple good deals on kr808d-1 kits right now:
Myvaporstore.com | The Electronic Cigarette Super Store has starter kits for $32.50 coupon code vapezone gives you another 5% off

GoodProphets.com - Your view into the world of vaping... has a 1 battery mini pcc kit for $29.99 dont know if this coupon code is still good, but pulled it off the list TVCfriend 5% off

Also, if you hurry, this weekend, VaperStix has Joye 510 kits for 31.50 with coupon code STARTER -- free shipping too. Sale ends tomorrow.

If you wanted to pick up a couple cheap starters. I'd go with disposables myself, but maybe for your auntie with Emphysema, you could pick her up a kit and get her going. I have that too, e-cigs has saved my life.

(sorry to answer for you kezy, I just had all this info in my head cuz I helped a friend check out some 808d kits to buy one yesterday)

Last edited:

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Depends on age of the people...over 60 usually like simple prefilled cartos, marb or menthol flavor. 30-60 take to attomisers, and do like to tamper with flavor. BBB would be easy win for anyone. I only had one person to date say they didnt like it, cause she hates blackberry period. All of the above can use 510 or 808, and be happily started. Your not there to support people, just give a positive influence though. Ive found that not a single person that didnt pay for their goods called me back to say thanks. They have all gotten tossed aside. So good news is- you can hand em the easy way, and it will do no good. So no sense in that. Have a few simple testers for them to sample, and urls for them to get their own. Push someone to quite, and they run like hell. Show em the latest and greatest in smoking, and they want some for themselves. :)..
NO LR for any new ppl, theyll cough up a lung and give you that "your crazy" look!

Last edited:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
TY Cleo (((hugs))) sorry to hear that. It's so scary, glad to hear you are vaping :) and thanks for all the links.

Chief: ty.. and I am sure you are right, I can't force anyone certainly, and as it is; I will not be doing a whole lot of 'socializing' per se, so I'm not sure how much time I will really be spending on 'converting' anyone anyway. However, I would like to have something, anything to pull out quickly, and show to them, let them try, or even leave with them.. time permitting. (that's why the disposables sale sounded so good. durn it. too slow :p )

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
Good prophets has their disposables on sale for 5.99 right now! and the price goes down if you buy multiples
http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=170&categoryId=52
I have converted quite a few people and went through a ton of money doing so. Many just let their sets sit. I am going to start buying the disposables for this reason. Good luck Leanne!! Hope it goes well! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread