Convince me to buy a Vamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynterbourne

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Grapevine, TX
Convince me to buy a Vamo, or talk me out of it.

Let me give you a little background. I've been vaping, off and on, for several years now. I started off with a basic 510, moved on to a few box mods, and am currently using the Gripper from Madvapes. For the most part the basic 510 mods have worked fine for me, up until recently.

Stress is a smoking trigger for me, and this past year has been about seventeen stages beyond stressful. So I keep relapsing into analogues, currently 2 packs a day. I still puff on my gripper from time to time, but the flavor just isn't there on a basic cartomizer anymore, particularly after the second or third day. So I'm pondering upgrading into something that can utilize tanks and clearomizers.

I've just about settled on the Vamo. I love the current pricing, the weight, and the versatility of the batteries. I like the concept of VV and vw, being able to dial in virtually any liquid to the throat hit and flavor you desire. I like the concept of being able to use tanks and clearos, which from what I've read give much more consistent flavor than poly filled cartos, something that the Gripper lacks.

To top it all off I already have two 18350 batteries with a charger (that is also capable of charging 18650's).

Given some of the recent sales I can pick up a Vamo, an 18650 battery, and a couple of clearos for about the price of two 1100 mAh Ego Twist batteries. This is a MAJOR incentive.

But for some reason every vaper I know IRL swears by the Ego Twist. I don't know why, other than the fact that it's available at pretty much every B&M in my area. And I do mean EVERY single vaper I know IRL.

So push me over the edge. Talk me into it, or talk me out of it. Given the choice, Vamo or Ego Twist?

And on a side note, what clearos/tanks seems to be the most effective? I plan on wearing it on a lanyard under my shirt, and the liquids I use the most tend to be menthol, mint, or tobacco flavor.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I say go for it. If not, spend an hour (or whatever) reading this very subforum and try to see what you can glean from the threads. So far, it seems like a lot of people are enjoying their Vamos. Not a lot of hate yet. It's still relatively new to the vaping world, so we might come back a month or two from now and see people with different opinions. Mine should arrive tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait!

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
The Vamo is considerably heavier than an eGo Twist. It's a great device for the price, but may not be what you're looking for with respect to wearing it around your neck on a lanyard.

If you decide not to go with a Vamo, I'd suggest a Vision Spinner battery (or two) with Kanger T3 clearos or a Kanger EVOD. Both have replaceable heads.

It's more important that you get a device that is best suited to your preferences to help you cut back or quit smoking.

I wish you the best of luck whether you choose a Vamo or not!

Wynterbourne

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Grapevine, TX
I'm not too worried about the weight. However, I am worried about the size. I'm a hefty man, so I can readily conceal absurdly large objects underneath my shirt. But if the diameter is too wide things can become...problematic.

As far as clearos, I've been leaning towards the Kanger MT3's. I've seen some good reviews, though I admit that the majority of my interest has been based upon their appearance. Just not sure what resistance to get.

Jetmec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
SC
I have in front of me right now a VAMO, a Zmax, an Evic and a Gripper. I use all of them every day and I cannot say which I like the best. The VAMO has a Boge carto tank on it the Zmax has a ViVi nova tank the Evic has a Kanger T3 and the Gripper has a mini ViVi nova tank.
The Zmax and the Evic are good for a night out and about the VAMO is a good stay at home because it is big unless you use it with just 1 18350 but than you need to carry extra batteries. If I am just running around to the stores I take two grippers with me with my two all day flavors. I would have to say that the VAMO is probably the best of the bunch with the Zmax second.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Your not going to want to hang a Vamo on a lanyard. Even in single 18350 mode. Which last very short time. But the Vamo feels good, looks good, works right. You just need the right batteries that fit. Button top, IMR And I chose AW IMRs. Two 18350 stacked don't last any longer than a single one, it's just double-ish the voltage vaping, slightly more precise but they don't quite fit if that kind of thing bugs you. Can't screw it all the way or it'll jam the fire button. It needs an adapter for clearos that sit flush like kanger t2 t3

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Your not going to want to hang a Vamo on a lanyard. Even in single 18350 mode. Which last very short time. But the Vamo feels good, looks good, works right. You just need the right batteries that fit. Button top, IMR And I chose AW IMRs or in ther words unprotected because the Vamo does all the protectiong. They have limited mah though so don't last like batteries for a mechanical mod. Two 18350 stacked don't last any longer than a single one, it's just double-ish the voltage vaping, slightly more precise but they don't quite fit if that kind of thing bugs you. Can't screw it all the way or it'll jam the fire button. It needs an adapter for clearos that sit flush like kanger t2 t3

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
In that case I really love variable wattage. I have to eto vv, the button type and still use them. I keep several things too so I have variety of juice strength and flavor at hand. But the Vamo works subtly smoother with less bother and I have no idea why not being an electronically smarty. It's substantial for the money, not delicate, but I ended up using my 18650 AW IMR instead of constantly changing out the 18350s even though I was dedicated to small and cute. Function won out. The experience caused me to opt for a 18500 mechanical box custom thing, Flair Damascus Mod which was at its most darling in the 18350 size. I guess I vape a lot. (. :
I've cut down though. I'd say for the money get Vamo and wait until they come out with the ego sized variable voltage variable watt even if it's months from ow. You'll be ready to by again by then don't ya think? And it'll be a good way test out the vw set rms mode. Easy breezy

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Two stacked 18350's lasts me all day of moderate to heavy vaping. It's not the same as running a single 18350, where the Vamo draws more current from the battery to provide power to your atty/carto. With stacked 18350's, the Vamo is stepping down the current drawn from both batteries in series, so it's not draining the two batteries nearly as fast as it does a single 18350.

I use a 3.0Ω Boge carto at 8.0 - 9.0 watts. (in a tank)

Wynterbourne

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Grapevine, TX
Well, I just took the plunge. I spent a little extra for the Stainless Steel model from Exhale Vapors. I ordered a Kanger T3 and a Vision STV to try out the tanks, they were out of Vivi Nova's. I'll pick up a Nova, a few other clearos, and an Ego to 510 adapter at my local B&M tomorrow.

I can't wait to get my hands on it. I think I'm going to end up making a kydex lanyard and holster for it.

Razlan

Jan 26, 2013
Malaysia
What's not to love?
1) Variable voltage AND wattage options.
2) solid build
3) tank/carto/clearo flexibility
4) choice of 18650 or 18350 battery configurations for your convenience
5) That RMS function
6) ohm meter for your coil head
7) Battery voltage check
8) offers functionality at a nearly unmatched price

Do I really need #1 above? Not really, but I CAN alternate between the two. Flexibility is the key element to this APV. It also doubles up as a weapon in case u get into an ugly situation with an analog user.
This thing is a winner!

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Just got mine this afternoon! My buddy ordered one for each of us on a Tuesday morning, and we got them today (Thursday). Got them for $53 from Discount Vapers.

So far, I'm absolutely LOVING it. The weight of it, the feel of it, the wattage function. I am a low voltage vaper (2.0 ohm single coil cartos @ 3.8 volts). So I'm liking the 7 watt range.

Only down side? My all day vape's carto crapped out on me last night. When I went to the b&m store to get more replacement cartos, they only had dual coil @ 2.5 ohms. Makes a HUGE difference with my butterscotch. The heat just ruins it. I really hope they get more single coil replacements, soon!! I've got to have my butterscotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread