AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Sorry typo. It was 4.19.☺
I am certainly aware of the risks when charging batteries. I rarely charge overnight but in reality any battery has the potential to explode and it doesn't necessarily need to be on a charger. I promise I won't do it again.☺

That's certainly true... but if a fire starts when you're sound asleep, there's a good chance you won't even wake up before the toxic smoke gets you. If you're awake, you may not be able to get the fire out, but you can at least get yourself outside and save your life and the lives of any who live with you. :thumb:

Andria

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I have several (a total of 7) smoke detectors as should you all but I in no way encourage overnight charging.:shock::evil:
I will update this thread when I find out how long it takes to charge this thing and make the light go out so others will have a better idea.Maybe we can compare times and see if there are any differences.:thumbs:

Reactions: AndriaD

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
In regards to charge time....The fastest will be using the wall outlet, the 2nd using a USB 3.0 and 3rd the USB 2.0. You did not mention which you are using, so trying to determine why it is taking as long as it is could relate to the method used. In addition, the cable used also plays a role, some are rated lower, others higher as delivery of charge goes. I assume you are using the Innokin supplied cable, but again this was not mentioned. Could it be you are using a aftermarket USB cable?

In regards to charging overnight. I get the safety concern so do not take this as if I am being reckless but millions of smartphones are being charged overnight and no real issues have come about that I know of. I would however not leave a charger running when charging 18350/650 etc. These batteries are not contained in a case such as the CF4 has. It is vented but the instance of fire would be minimized by said casing. This not to suggest it is safe but merely to say the chance of it exploding like a 18650 can is minimized. Also in the event of failure the chances are it will blow a circuit breaker cutting the flow of electricity off rather quickly leaving you a HotFire4 instead.

And it is always best to have a FireEx around too, along with a nice large bag of marshmallows!:D

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Thanks for your input Panorama.I have been using a wall outlet with the included charging cable.The converter output is 5.0v.
If you read the link I posted it said not to charge with a usb 3.0 however I am not sure who the actual author is nor do I know where he is getting his information.It is also a UK site so that may also play a role in that recomendation.I am by no means an electrician.
I think we are all guilty of unattended charging in one form or another which is why I have so many smoke detectors.I mean how many of us use cordless phones?Granted the batteries are small but still very capable of causing a fire. For those who need to charge batteries at night (or anytime for that matter)I would strongly suggest the use of one of these.I actually use them on my RC cars.
http://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-Li-Po-Charge-Protection-Small/dp/B002JSV4LU
Who doesn't love marshmallows though?:thumbs:

May I ask where you got those banners with your quit smoking dates on them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well it took 61/2 hours for the light to go off yesterday but it did go off.lol Now the led screen is acting up.The screen will sometimes blink on and off up to 3 times after firing.
I have contacted the place I purchased it from and they are gonna exchange it.Why me??

The answer I've always heard to "why me?" is "why not you?" :D Electronics can be a real pain sometimes; you were just unlucky enough to get one of those.

Maybe the answer to "why me?" is "to see how committed you are to this idea." I've had quite a few of those little cosmic tests --

First, I discovered that high-VG (anything over 20% VG) makes me wheeze and then eventually not be able to breathe. Ok, back to high-PG.

Then, I started getting swollen ankles, which spread up my legs almost to my knees, then feet so sore and lumpy I could barely walk. It took a while, but I finally figured out that vaping was pushing my chronic dehydration into the danger zone and totally screwing my electrolytes. Ok, away with 80% of my caffeine intake, and drink lots of coconut water every single day.

Then.. my appendix decided it wanted to be out of me. Surgery went fine, went home same day, then had 4 days of GHASTLY sickness; couldn't eat, drink, or vape -- so that when I was finally able to start vaping again, it tasted HORRIBLE, and godawful cravings struck. So I smoked, though I'd been smoke-free for 3.5 months, and that smoke-break lasted a month before I was able to get back to vape-only. Then, 10 days later, the horrible cravings came back; WTA made them go away again, but that stuff costs a fortune -- but not as much as cigarettes, so ok, WTA for me.

Then, my asthma decided that WTA causes me a big problem, again with the not being able to breathe. That one required a doctor visit, and adding Advair to my usual rescue-inhaler regimen.

Somehow... not really sure why... I've managed to maintain my commitment to vaping -- I smoked for 39 yrs and spent 30 of them trying, with zero success, to quit -- but vaping actually enables me to go without cigarettes. So I stick with it, no matter how challenging it becomes. Just about 16 months now, still smoke-free, because of vaping. It's worth everything I've had to overcome, to finally be a non-smoker.

Andria

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
What Andrea said...+1...When it comes to anything electrical, there is failure bound to happen. There are no gremlins out to attack any one person, they are after all of us, some just get lucky.
The-Saint_Halo_WonderfulWar_1d_310.gif

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
That's certainly true... but if a fire starts when you're sound asleep, there's a good chance you won't even wake up before the toxic smoke gets you. If you're awake, you may not be able to get the fire out, but you can at least get yourself outside and save your life and the lives of any who live with you. :thumb:

Andria

It one is really concerned about charging safety place the mod or charger in a charging bag. The link is a sample. Check various suppliers for different sizes and prices.

Lithium Polymer Charge Pack 18x22cm Sack

Reactions: hittman

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
It one is really concerned about charging safety place the mod or charger in a charging bag. The link is a sample. Check various suppliers for different sizes and prices.

Lithium Polymer Charge Pack 18x22cm Sack

Nah, I just don't ever charge unattended. Those bags could concentrate heat, which would (could?) shorten the battery's lifespan. Nice thing is having two customized CF4's, so I alternate days with them; while I'm using one, the other is charging and then resting. :thumb:

Andria

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
To my fellow Americans/vapors. Please be sure to read the returns policy for any company you plan to do business with.This is especially important when purchasing electronics.Saving a few dollars is not always a good idea especially when that company makes you pay to return a defective item.Why should the consumer be penalized for receiving a defective device?If anyone should be penalized it should be the manufacturer.Its bad enough that you have to pack it back up, take it to have it shipped,then be without it for however long it takes to get a refund/exchange, but to then be made to pay is a slap in the face imo.It boggles the mind......

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I got a very strange email from this company.This is after I was told on the phone a shipping label would be created and sent to me.Not.I had to pay to ship.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues with your Cool Fire IV! I'd be more than happy to replace it for you if it is defective. Just send it back to us at:

We'll test it out and once we have confirmed the issue will get a replacement shipped out to you within one business day of receipt.

Test it??Has anyone ever heard of a vendor testing a returned device??I inquired what they meant by testing it and they replied the test was just a formality and I would be surprised at the number of returned items that weren't actually defective. WTH? What ever happened to the customer is always right??I am left wondering if they believed it wasn't defective would they then return it??What makes them qualified to test another companies product??I am assuming since they said it would be shipped out the next day they were in fact performing this testing. Would they assume liability if an item they deemed not defective caused injury?? I am just speechless.They sent me an email asking how my experience was with there "customer service".:confused::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I got a very strange email from this company.This is after I was told on the phone a shipping label would be created and sent to me.Not.I had to pay to ship.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues with your Cool Fire IV! I'd be more than happy to replace it for you if it is defective. Just send it back to us at:

We'll test it out and once we have confirmed the issue will get a replacement shipped out to you within one business day of receipt.

Test it??Has anyone ever heard of a vendor testing a returned device??I inquired what they meant by testing it and they replied the test was just a formality and I would be surprised at the number of returned items that weren't actually defective. WTH? What ever happened to the customer is always right??I am left wondering if they believed it wasn't defective would they then return it??What makes them qualified to test another companies product??I am assuming since they said it would be shipped out the next day they were in fact performing this testing. Would they assume liability if an item they deemed not defective caused injury?? I am just speechless.They sent me an email asking how my experience was with there "customer service".:confused::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Could it be they are covering themselves from cases of abuse not use?

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Possibly but why tell me? If a returned item was obviously abused it would seem that a simple email informing that particular customer his item would not be replaced would be how to handle that.Also the reason she said they were testing was to weed out devices that weren't defective in there opinion.IDK Maybe I am just bitter about being made to pay for return shipping but when I complained about that I was told they would ship it back priority.If they are gonna pay more to have it shipped back priority why not just tell me they would reimburse me for shipping and send it back to me regular mail?lol I know the answer to that just blowing off steam.lol

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Was told I would get priority shipping for the return.Didn't......For those of you interested the vendor was ecig.com.I will never purchase from them again.On the bright side the new Coolfire works like it should so far.Charging seems to take around 2.5 hours at which time the led shuts off.:banana:
It also hasn't auto fired on me but I am noticing a delay between the time I push the button and when it actually fires.Not sure if this is a tweak or not to combat the auto fire issues.Thanks to all here who helped me.:hubba:

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread