Cotton Ball wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
Quite frankly, vaping using either a cotton ball or a qtip scares the beejezus out of me!
Vaping silica scared the beejezus out me :) Others have similar concerns and have found a lot of success using cotton. Read through the thread and maybe you'll change your mind. The cotton wicks do not burn unless you try and dry burn them - keep them wet and they are amazing.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Vaping silica scared the beejezus out me :) Others have similar concerns and have found a lot of success using cotton. Read through the thread and maybe you'll change your mind. The cotton wicks do not burn unless you try and dry burn them - keep them wet and they are amazing.

Do you have the MSDS Sheet on Cotton usage?

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I imagine you can make wicks from cotton balls.. Maybe keep pulling strands out and twisting them into really thin strings, then twist a couple of those together? Might be easier to just get cotton gauze or even cheesecloth. I just used cheesecloth (100% cotton) and it's working great. I have it in the center of a SS mesh wick, though, but it's really working nicely.

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
Do you have the MSDS Sheet on Cotton usage?
Nope, but seeing used wicks of both types under a microscope was enough for me. The 'frog' in my throat has also gone away, and I've had it since I started vaping. Proof enough for me.edit-I forgot to mention that handling silica wick made my finger tips itchy. That was my biggest issue with using it. Cotton does not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread