• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Could It Happen on May 21st 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
I am all the way up to having a Bible on my bed stand. Quite a leap for me. It has been years since I have had one there, even though I own like 15 Bibles, because I love them so much.

I also think that is why I come here often, it seems peaceful to me. Please believe me, when I say I am not here to be nosy. Its just a nice place here. Maybe someday I will get to where I am supposed to be. Personally for me, I am thankful the glitch occurred in the program so others can now visit, as long as they are respectful. But then again you can give them the boot! lol

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I am all the way up to having a Bible on my bed stand. Quite a leap for me. It has been years since I have had one there, even though I own like 15 Bibles, because I love them so much.

I also think that is why I come here often, it seems peaceful to me. Please believe me, when I say I am not here to be nosy. Its just a nice place here. Maybe someday I will get to where I am supposed to be. Personally for me, I am thankful the glitch occurred in the program so others can now visit, as long as they are respectful. But then again you can give them the boot! lol

Oh my gosh Nancy, you have no idea how happy I am right now to read that. I"m welling up like the big baby that I am right now. :cry:

You are so special, you are so precious, you are so important and so loved by your father in heaven. I just want you to know how wonderful you are. Just having that bible next to your bed is such a huge step, I know it is, and it shows your willingness to open your heart to Him, the one who knows you so completely, the one who knows every thought in your head, your joys, your fears, your happy days and sad days, the one who is softly whispering to you, nudging you in love and compassion, to draw close to Him. And you will, I know you will, in time. :)

We are here for you anytime, you're always welcome, always loved and always appreciated. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Nancy, none of us are where we should be. I know that is so true for me. That is something people do.....compare themselves to other people. We're supposed to compare ourselves to Jesus. None of us measure up. 'There is none righteous, no not one.' I am excited to hear of your progress! That is just awesome. That is between Jesus and you. If there is anything we can do to help, just holler! :)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
This is just a very watered down version of what they stand for. They do not reveal the truth of their true beliefs.

Lisa I do understand your researching and sharing. I am a research freak myself. If I wasn't I wouldn't know about this organization. I was looking at the House of Pancakes, of all things, which led me to the latter rain movement. lol I will leave you alone now. It just scared me when I saw Latter Rain Movement" Sorry for intruding.
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I don't know you, but I'm thrilled to have you "intruding". :lol: You're not intruding, by the way. I can see how much the others love you and that makes you fine with me. That's great about having your Bible on your bed stand. I went through a few years myself of having mine in a box (Like it would do me any good in a box! ) I'm new at doing a Bible study, but you're welcome to follow along with us whenever I'm able to get something up. I'm glad to meet you.

Karen

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Question for anyone that can take it on. Will salvation be open for those left behind? I just watched this video where this guy says no. I don't know if this is true or not. Anyone know? Scripture references would be helpful. :)

I'll take a go at it. :) But, first, we need to look at what God's will is. In 2 Peter 3:9 we are told "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." Some pastors/denominations/teachers try to "scare" people into making a commitment, but is it really God's will to exclude anyone from His kingdom if they sincerely want to be with Him? I don't know about anyone else here, but I did not respond to God's leading the "first time" that I felt Him calling me to follow Him (or even the second time). But He knew my heart and "pursued" me. Thankfully, He gave me another chance. There are those who have been searching (or not) who will be left behind. Why would God want to exclude them if they genuinely want to come to Christ after the rapture? Of course, waiting until that time period will mean many more problems for someone, such as giving their life for their belief. Those who come to faith during the "church age" have the "engagement ring" from Christ himself--the Holy Spirit who is sealed within us. (Ephesians 1:13-14) When the church leaves, the world will again be in the same situation as before the church was born. The Holy Spirit will be active, but not sealed within the believers. They will have to actively "work" to preserve their faith in face of what looks like evil is going to triumph. This is why when talking about the 2nd coming, He says, "I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)

Good question!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Oh my gosh Nancy, you have no idea how happy I am right now to read that. I"m welling up like the big baby that I am right now. :cry:

You are so special, you are so precious, you are so important and so loved by your father in heaven. I just want you to know how wonderful you are. Just having that bible next to your bed is such a huge step, I know it is, and it shows your willingness to open your heart to Him, the one who knows you so completely, the one who knows every thought in your head, your joys, your fears, your happy days and sad days, the one who is softly whispering to you, nudging you in love and compassion, to draw close to Him. And you will, I know you will, in time. :)

We are here for you anytime, you're always welcome, always loved and always appreciated. :)

Amen... I don't know you personally Nancy, but it seems like your spirit must be as lovely as your Avatar.... :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I'll take a go at it. :) But, first, we need to look at what God's will is. In 2 Peter 3:9 we are told "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." Some pastors/denominations/teachers try to "scare" people into making a commitment, but is it really God's will to exclude anyone from His kingdom if they sincerely want to be with Him? I don't know about anyone else here, but I did not respond to God's leading the "first time" that I felt Him calling me to follow Him (or even the second time). But He knew my heart and "pursued" me. Thankfully, He gave me another chance. There are those who have been searching (or not) who will be left behind. Why would God want to exclude them if they genuinely want to come to Christ after the rapture? Of course, waiting until that time period will mean many more problems for someone, such as giving their life for their belief. Those who come to faith during the "church age" have the "engagement ring" from Christ himself--the Holy Spirit who is sealed within us. (Ephesians 1:13-14) When the church leaves, the world will again be in the same situation as before the church was born. The Holy Spirit will be active, but not sealed within the believers. They will have to actively "work" to preserve their faith in face of what looks like evil is going to triumph. This is why when talking about the 2nd coming, He says, "I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)

Good question!

LOL! You're not the only one sister, Jesus nudged me my whole life, I still didn't get it until He practically hit me over the head with a sledge hammer..................LOL!!!!!!!

The scripture in Luke 18:8 is interesting and intriguing because it doesnt' give an answer to the question! UGH!!!!! :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
1 THESSALONIANS 5: 1-8

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

and

Rev:3 3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Mark 13:35-37 (KJV) "Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

"Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment."Ecclesiastes 8:5 (KJV)

God revealed in advance the exact day when judgment would come upon the world in Noah's day:

"For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth."Genesis 7:4 (KJV)

God revealed in advance the exact day when Nineveh would be destroyed through judgment:

"And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown."Jonah 3:4 (KJV)

It looks like it will come as a thief in the night to unbelievers only. This is very interesting.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Mark 13:35-37 (KJV) "Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

God revealed in advance the exact day when judgment would come upon the world in Noah's day:

"For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth."Genesis 7:4 (KJV)

God revealed in advance the exact day when Nineveh would be destroyed through judgment:

"And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown."Jonah 3:4 (KJV)

It looks like it will come as a thief in the night to unbelievers only. This is very interesting.

I think it's 'wise' and scriptural to discern the 'times' and 'actively' be prepared (not sleep).

Matthew 24:5 hasn't happened yet. That happens, and it's time to be concerned/prepared/etc.

Signs that we are in the End Times is another interesting site, that looks at strictly biblical signs of the end times. Some have been fulfilled, some are debatable, some have clearly not come to pass. I haven't read the whole thing in detail yet, but it looks worthwhile.

The problem with all those signs on the site you link is that they have ALL been going on since the beginning of time. You can virtually pick out any point in history and see each sign fulfilled.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
The problem with all those signs on the site you link is that they have ALL been going on since the beginning of time. You can virtually pick out any point in history and see each sign fulfilled.

Most of these signs have happened throughout all of History, yes jeffritter... However, the Gospel was unable to be preached throughout the whole World as it is today. (The tremendous increase in 'knowledge' had to happen for this to become a reality)... Just a short fifty years ago it would have been impossible for every eye to see or every ear to hear the Message of the Gospel.. with the advent of Cable TV, Computers & Satellites... that isn't the case anymore.

While there have always been WARS and RUMORS of WARS... nothing like now.

... and while there have always been Earthquakes (Maybe a dozen or so worldwide a year) they have increased in frequency AND intensity.... I can show you a Site that physically shows you where there are now hundreds of Earthquakes worldwide DAILY!

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
SC you preach my semon. (I'm coming into this late, sorry for being out of context). Some teach of "the emminent return" of Christ, I.E. that it can happen at any moment. But for me, there are still things in scripture that (that scripture says) must be fulfilled first, prior to His return. That is in part why Jesus and Paul teach that if anyone tries to tell you that He as returned, don't believe them. You will know without ANYONE having to tell you, and before anyone could tell you.

We don't know the day or the hour but I see the season of genuine possibility upon us.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas

While there have always been WARS and RUMORS of WARS... nothing like now.

... and while there have always been Earthquakes (Maybe a dozen or so worldwide a year) they have increased in frequency AND intensity.... I can show you a Site that physically shows you where there are now hundreds of Earthquakes worldwide DAILY!

Yes, Blonde, you're right. Jesus likened it to the pains of a woman in labor. As the "end" nears, the signs will increase in frequency and intensity. I'm in my mid-50s and have seen a net increase in frequency and intensity of disasters. Not just earthquakes though. We're also told that there would be an increase in famine and pestilence (diseases). Famine has always existed, but with the increase in population along with natural and 'unnatural' disasters, this is accelerating. Although 40 years ago, they were saying that they had pretty much wiped out killer diseases that were infectious---tuberculosis, small pox, polio, etc. But, not only are we seeing those diseases re-emerging, but we're seeing deadly diseases that were unheard of 40 years ago--MRSA, AIDS, Bird-flu, Swine-flu, etc. Wars and earthquakes are the most frequently mentioned signs, but there are many other signs that we are to watch for to gauge end-times (including social and economic signs). When you put them all together, we are indeed supposed to be looking up for our "blessed hope".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread