• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Could It Happen on May 21st 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Some teach of "the emminent return" of Christ, I.E. that it can happen at any moment. But for me, there are still things in scripture that (that scripture says) must be fulfilled first, prior to His return. That is in part why Jesus and Paul teach that if anyone tries to tell you that He as returned, don't believe them. You will know without ANYONE having to tell you, and before anyone could tell you.

We don't know the day or the hour but I see the season of genuine possibility upon us.

The teaching of the "imminent return" are talking about Jesus coming in the clouds for his church (the rapture). And you're right, there are quite a few things that must happen before Jesus returns to defeat His enemies (second coming).

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Yes, Blonde, you're right. Jesus likened it to the pains of a woman in labor. As the "end" nears, the signs will increase in frequency and intensity. I'm in my mid-50s and have seen a net increase in frequency and intensity of disasters. Not just earthquakes though. We're also told that there would be an increase in famine and pestilence (diseases). Famine has always existed, but with the increase in population along with natural and 'unnatural' disasters, this is accelerating. Although 40 years ago, they were saying that they had pretty much wiped out killer diseases that were infectious---tuberculosis, small pox, polio, etc. But, not only are we seeing those diseases re-emerging, but we're seeing deadly diseases that were unheard of 40 years ago--MRSA, AIDS, Bird-flu, Swine-flu, etc. Wars and earthquakes are the most frequently mentioned signs, but there are many other signs that we are to watch for to gauge end-times (including social and economic signs). When you put them all together, we are indeed supposed to be looking up for our "blessed hope".

Oh yeah! Excellent points Chimney! I watch a lot of those reality Medical shows also.. what do you think of all the 'new' seemingly heretofore unheard of maladies, symptoms and diseases that have begun to surface over the past 10-20 years or so?

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Oh yeah! Excellent points Chimney! I watch a lot of those reality Medical shows also.. what do you think of all the 'new' seemingly heretofore unheard of maladies, symptoms and diseases that have begun to surface over the past 10-20 years or so?

There will be an increase of them as well as a resurgence of diseases that were thought to be eradicated.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Hi all ~ I'm a forum newbie but this discussion is just my "cup of tea". I'd just like to add that I kinda of hope the article is way off since that's my 45th birthday and I would really like to get my free meal @ Benihana's. ;) :banana:

Lyly

Hi Lylystyx! Welcome and welcome to Jeffritter too! :) It's great to see new "faces" around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread