Credit card stolen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if anyone has had this problem and idk if I should name the vendor but I'm 99% sure I ordered some juice and my credit card was stolen. The fraud center said there is no way to tell how it was stolen but ill tell you this. I only ordered juice from this one vendor for the last three months on the this card and I DO NOT online shop for anything else in the past year. I don't have a lot of money and every extra dollar I have goes to my vaping habit.

Anyone else have their card number stolen from buying from vapor sites??

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Citi (and many other banks) offer free virtual credit cards that eliminate the problem completely. Either use those or prepaids (which are not free)

I have read posts here in the last week or two that has suspected nearly every single one of the dozen or so vape sites I have bought from. The concensus is that the problem is with the credit card processing companies.

Either way, if you don't use something like virtual cc's you will sooner or later get your card stolen.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Mine was stolen just a few weeks ago also. I am pretty sure it was the CC processor company that was the problem. I had a secure connection to my account in the Blu cigs site. I have never had a problem with this particular vendor. I have had my CC stolen every May for the last three years. I think it is not strictly vaping related but vape supplies seem to take largest percent of CC thefts lately. I have bought from many other types of vendors in the last three years and its been only during vaping purchases this has happened to me.

Grandma SJA

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
kc mo
I check my online everyday to, I got hit twice in two months and had ordered from alien Vision before they shut down. Was nothing to do with vendor, just the credit card processing companies are getting hit hard by thiefs. Thats why I am glad that we know have a store in K.C. going to check it out this weekend and if we like the vapes, we will not order online . Hope lots more stores open up cause I use to order alot online and now cutting way back as even regular store orders are having huge problems. Its big money and its huge profits for the people who are envolved.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I check my online everyday to, I got hit twice in two months and had ordered from alien Vision before they shut down. Was nothing to do with vendor, just the credit card processing companies are getting hit hard by thiefs. Thats why I am glad that we know have a store in K.C. going to check it out this weekend and if we like the vapes, we will not order online . Hope lots more stores open up cause I use to order alot online and now cutting way back as even regular store orders are having huge problems. Its big money and its huge profits for the people who are envolved.

I just went to the Volcano ecigs up there in North KC off of N Oak trafficway! Owner is super nice there. I haven't tried the juices yet but it isn't Dkang or anything. Guy is looking to start up a vapemeet as well.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
Paypal announced several years ago that they refused to process any e-cig related stuff -- if they catch you doing it, they will cancel the transaction and close your account. :mad:

I know there is a wepay which used to be alertpay and is a trusted service. I don't know their stance on ecigs but there has to be something these vendors can try that won't compromise their customers information ><

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
I just got hit. Ordered from a flavor store about a week ago. But I ordered from amazon too. It could be from anywhere. My wife caught it this morning. My bank also did and frooze that card. Went by the bank. They gave me a new card. Looks like we caught it in time before they took me. Same thing happened with wifes card over a year ago. That's why she checks every day. I'm just going to stop ordering on line unless its paypal. If I feel like I have to get something I'll go prepaid card. On line processing companies and retailers are going to take a big hit when people stop shopping nonlinear out of fear of getting ripped off. I will call a company and place a order before I give my information on line. If a company wont do it that way I'll shop somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread