Credit card defraded yet again! Gammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
So once again I have had my credit card #, and address and name stolen. I know, I know....I said after it happened last time I was going to go buy a disposable, loadable card but I didn't get around to it before I ran out of my fav juice. I convinced myself it was malware on my computer, did a full virus scan before shopping and then ordered my juice. Within a few days I find 5 charges on my card. What The Heck??? Why?????? Seriously this is messed up. :facepalm: I had to spend a hour making phone calls and I seriously have NO TIME to spend on this. I have to fill out fraud paperwork again.

Now what am I going to do? I don't trust the two vendor sites I ordered from with my brand spanking new credit card which makes me sad because I loved the juice. So lame.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
There is a lot of CC fraud happening , there are a few things you can look for to know if they have a secure site ( I am NOT an expert at this but I do run a store and we have not had any issues to date )
1. make sure the web site address has an HTTPS: at the beginning , this means that it is encoded and secure for the data sent to the CC processor .
2. Look for a seal like " Authorize.net " or similar , these can be clicked on to see if the site is sucure.

I had a card of mine charged as well , they did not find out how it happened ( the bank that is )

Sorry to hear that Glowgirl !! , you attention is your best defense besides a pre-paid type card

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
I know fraud exists everywhere, brick and mortar, and with electronic transmissions at all hours of the day. On other forums, there might be a sporadic mention of somebody experiencing credit card fraud. It is a HUGE coincidence that so many people here have had similar experiences soon after ordering vaping goods. We need to get some official testers to use brand new cards only for single e-cig suppliers, and do this for each supplier and keep a log of date used and purchase total. Yes it will take a while to get the cards and order what you need but we need to start tracking this. Obviously it is not limited to a single supplier here. It is happening too often and to too many of us.

Chalie_Champ

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
philadelphia
Just stop at your loacl drug store on the way home or to work and get a prepaid card, i only load exactly what i need on the card this way there is no way this can happen to me, 2nd of all the internet is a shisty place, i would never put a credit card number on here. I thought every1 knew not to, sorry to hear man but trust me only use pre-paid cards online, save yourself alot of time and aggravation.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
Agreed, but CC fraud is everywhere.. There are even waitresses out there carrying portable card readers stealing your card information.... they have false faces they're putting on ATMs that not only read the card but also record the CCV with a camera... etc etc. .

Like cashresolution says .. if you make sure you're dealing with good secure processing .. the internet should actually be much safer than many other ways you would use a card!!

bitey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Central Ohio
I hope that you have informed both of these vendors. I had mine stolen last month and have been afraid to use the new card since then. My bank told me that it is probably not the vendors themselves, but instead, the larger company that processes their credit card charges for them. Vendors Need to know this info so they can talk with their cc service providers or switch providers before this ruins their business. You would be doing each of them a favor to tell them (and also all of us). I suspect that a number of the vendors use the same provider so that explains how we can buy from different vendors and still have our credit card info stolen. Back when PayPal abruptly stopped processing e-cig purchases and the smaller vendors were in a panic, a couple of the larger vendors who already had credit card service providers shared their info and contacts with the smaller vendors.

So once again I have had my credit card #, and address and name stolen. I know, I know....I said after it happened last time I was going to go buy a disposable, loadable card but I didn't get around to it before I ran out of my fav juice. I convinced myself it was malware on my computer, did a full virus scan before shopping and then ordered my juice. Within a few days I find 5 charges on my card. What The Heck??? Why?????? Seriously this is messed up. :facepalm: I had to spend a hour making phone calls and I seriously have NO TIME to spend on this. I have to fill out fraud paperwork again.

Now what am I going to do? I don't trust the two vendor sites I ordered from with my brand spanking new credit card which makes me sad because I loved the juice. So lame.

Hendry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just stop at your loacl drug store on the way home or to work and get a prepaid card, i only load exactly what i need on the card this way there is no way this can happen to me, 2nd of all the internet is a shisty place, i would never put a credit card number on here. I thought every1 knew not to, sorry to hear man but trust me only use pre-paid cards online, save yourself alot of time and aggravation.

Fraud is everywhere, not just on the internet. You're just as likely to have your cc number stolen from swiping it as entering it online.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
I agree!

Also.. I would never recommend paypal, they are crooked horrible people .. see PayPal Alternative - Pay Pal Lawsuits, PayPal Complaints & Fraud for horror stories .. But I think if you have paypal, you can create ONE TIME USE VIRTUAL CARDS .. And I think (I'm pulling this from my ...) it's citibank who lets you do the same thing

If you're having problems with fraud, find some way to create one time use cards. That will solve it, unless your actual personal computer is somehow compromised.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

Make sure you notify the vendor. The web server or billing service they use may be hacked.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
As a coincidence, someone just posted this on another board I frequent:
ccs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread