Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Ouch man that hurts I got hit at the same time, I guess I should feel lucky they only got 1200 from my debit/checking. It happened while I was on vacation in New Orleans, so screwed my whole vacation.
And now Im out of BB and almost out of GJ.

time to change banks. you are supposed to be protected from this. My bank has great fraud protection, they find stuff before it even hits my account, i.e. authenticated but not put in for processing yet.

Jukei

Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Tarboro, NC
Its been 19 days now without a response, not even a nod in my direction. This doesn't leave me feeling very confident in this company taking care of me at all. I've ordered from them MANY times in the past but having to deal with this fraud and getting my card canceled and then having to change banks entirely is making me feel like Boba's isn't worth it. All I wanted was an apology, an acknowledgement that I was caused harm for patronizing their establishment. Yet, all I've gotten is a closed sign and a feeling that I'm insignificant and not worth the time to type one sentence. I've spent hundreds of dollars at AVE and I've been a loyal customer for quite some time now. All I wanted was a little loyalty in return and I'm very disappointed in the way this has been handled thus far. For those of you that got a response and I believe some got some sort of compensation; all I have to say is you must be very lucky because all I've gotten is SILENCE...

Tony Starks

Aug 28, 2012
Foothills, CA
I submitted a help desk question and its been about a week with no reply. Im in the same boat as you Jukei, but i am hoping that the lag in answer is directly related to the update of the site. My credit card was hit as well, but i thought it was Amazon.com, but if memory serves correct i ordered juice the same day as my amazon purchases. Dating websites, like another fellow said, my wifey was not too happy. The sites were chemistry.com and match.com.

I love Ave Juices and they have always had the fastest shipping and great customer service...i only vape their juice! hopefully all gets resolved and i can vape some of their goodness

KhanSW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Valdosta, GA
I placed an order on 3/2/13 and my card was later hit on 3/18 for 4 charges towards taxact.com and on 3/19 for another tax product. I had to go to my bank where they closed the card and had to send another one which I had to wait for 7 days to get. Definitely not a great experience overall, but BB and GJ are my favorite juices so whats a guy to do :'(

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
None!
Me and my wife have been vaping it since the beginning. As much as we love it, we have lost all confident with avejuice. Imo, either we switch now or eventually we would be "force" to....can't see very far with them if they don't practice basic customer service.

One of my friends had a healthy internet business for years and was able to support her family.

then, her MAJOR supplier of the product dropped her and every other vendor who wasn't mega corporate big.

She was out of business w/in 24 hours.

Please understand that AVE, or anyone else, is at the mercy of those who supply THEM, just as you are when they supply YOU. If they can't get their flavorings, etc. they can't make juice.

I will not pull my support from a company when they need me the most, and have satisfied my needs for a long time. Yes, I do have 4 other favorite juice vendors, and it's always appropriate to have BACKUP.

But I'm not gonna drop AVE....I think they have serviced this community nicely, and always been very upfront when they had problems, and then when Ben got sick, well, it happens, ya know?

I believe this CC fraud stuff lies with the small number of CC processors that service the ecig vendors......AVE was one of the few companies that shut it down as soon as they found their customers being hacked. Obviously, they don't wish you any harm.

Meanwhile, other vendors are just business as usual, so do you know for sure you aren't getting hacked thru THEIR processor? No, you do not.

I applaud AVE.

They also don't want to lose their entire business to fraud. Maybe their banks/processors would have pulled the plug on them if they didn't take time out to make sure this was all solved. We don't KNOW the nature of their agreements, legalities, etc. or how their corporation or business is set up. There may be convenants that are in place to abide by.

If you ask me, they are one of the companies who DID THE RIGHT THING.

god knows they are losing a ton of money in the process!

Last edited:

Toker Bell

Apr 4, 2013
USSA
A lot of these fraudulent credit card charges are for some pretty odd things a crook might be wanting. Flowers? Dating sites? Digital music? Charitable donation sites? I would have thought a crook would want to buy things that could easily be sold for cash. What cash value is there in a dating site membership, paid for with plastic that will eventually be declined, rejected. And for how long can someone get away with this? I mean, who were the flowers ordered with a stolen credit card intended for? That should be a clue. Are these crooks simply stupid? It leaves me wondering if the intent behind a lot of this credit card fraud might be to cause chaos rather than for financial gains. Maybe it's a bunch of north koreans just making trouble, seeing how they would never receive those flowers order, lol.

Pity. You would think the credit card companies would have been able to fix this long ago with some kind of single-use password scheme. Makes me wonder if the fraudsters aren't the credit card company employees themselves, like how most computer viruses are written by those that work for anti-virus software companies, lol.

I believe from now on I too will only order from those that accept PayPal.

Jukei

Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Tarboro, NC
I don't disagree with you Racehorse, in fact I agree with shutting the site down until these problems are resolved. My issue is with how they handled the people who were affected by the fraud. It appears half the people affected got a personal apology and even a gift card for their trouble and the other half, including myself, have waited nearly a month with an open ticket and absolutely NO reply or response on the forum. I understand a delayed response when they are open and extremely busy, but they're closed now and I don't see why they can't offer some sort of response.

Beetle72

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Tulsa
I don't disagree with you Racehorse, in fact I agree with shutting the site down until these problems are resolved. My issue is with how they handled the people who were affected by the fraud. It appears half the people affected got a personal apology and even a gift card for their trouble and the other half, including myself, have waited nearly a month with an open ticket and absolutely NO reply or response on the forum. I understand a delayed response when they are open and extremely busy, but they're closed now and I don't see why they can't offer some sort of response.

I feel the same way Jukei, at the very least acknowledge the people that have been put out by this situation.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
A lot of these fraudulent credit card charges are for some pretty odd things a crook might be wanting. Flowers? Dating sites? Digital music? Charitable donation sites? I would have thought a crook would want to buy things that could easily be sold for cash. What cash value is there in a dating site membership, paid for with plastic that will eventually be declined, rejected. And for how long can someone get away with this? I mean, who were the flowers ordered with a stolen credit card intended for? That should be a clue. Are these crooks simply stupid? It leaves me wondering if the intent behind a lot of this credit card fraud might be to cause chaos rather than for financial gains. Maybe it's a bunch of north koreans just making trouble, seeing how they would never receive those flowers order, lol.

Pity. You would think the credit card companies would have been able to fix this long ago with some kind of single-use password scheme. Makes me wonder if the fraudsters aren't the credit card company employees themselves, like how most computer viruses are written by those that work for anti-virus software companies, lol.

I believe from now on I too will only order from those that accept PayPal.

This type of fraud happened to me (attempted as it was caught in time) and I learned in the process. Crooks make a trial run using tried and true sites (these sites don't initiate a purchase email to the card holder) or where even members of their ring are employed. Mine was a test run buying flowers first. When that went through, the crook knew they got their hands on a "live" card number... either by the ring hacking a processing center or purchasing the number which are sold in packages on crime forums. After the test run showed my card was alive, then they hit it for $5000.00 in a mass phone purchase to be sent to the Phillipines. If you have the service at your bank, set it up to alert you to any purchase above 50 cents as many of the crooks are making $1.00 purchases for their test.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The key is to contact a vendor before purchasing from them and asking what processing center they use. Check that center out just as if you were looking to employ them. If the vendor gets defensive or, worse, does not respond at all then take your business elsewhere. Any vendor with you in mind instead of easy quick profits will not have a problem with your concerns and has, most likely, hired a high security, reputable, processing center with protection of their customers and their own business reputations in mind. They see only as far as their noses (immediate profits by reducing expenses) and are making bad business decisions to say the least. I don't understand why the vaping community doesn't apply the same standards to vape vendors that they do to other business... that's how the BBB came to be but expecting customer protection is next to nil when it comes to vape purchases. You have the right to know where your personal information is being handed off too. If a vendor doesn't get that... well... nuff said.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
patkin, I read what you had to say and I agree whole-heartidly but (yes folks, there's a but) let's put our cards on the table for a minute. Nobody is going to do what you're suggesting, with these small vendors or otherwise. Sure there will be exceptions - people like you, and in theory if we all probed our online establishments like you suggest, then there would be a lot less liability claims and what-not. The truth for you, me, the folks who are being victimized by malicious hackers is that anybody with a copy of your receipt plus some homework can steal your information and run your good name or hard earned money through the ringer. This has been a stain on both the new & veteran bobaholics alike (and other AVE fan favorites). For most if not all of us, there are protections in place for fraud. I didn't lose a cent over this ordeal, all I lost was a little hair & increased blood pressure. Each one of us affected by this criminality needs to weight risk versus reward, because for some of us, the e juices Ben is creating are keeping us off the stinky sticks, may very well be adding years to our lives. Along with the delivery devices and batteries.. But I'm not cheerleading here, and if I appear to be, please excuse me. My point is, a lot worst things need to be committed by AVE in order for ME to take my business elseware. I believe, and this is just me speaking here, Ben & Christy are doing their very best to address this - and as customers that's all we can hope for. Remember, at any given time these folks can throw in the towel and we'll be back to square one searching for a new ADV, or struggling with the components of the Do-It-Yourself genre.

Hidden Dragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Maryland
I recently suffered from fraud because of their decisions as well. $53.80 to Kiss.com, a dating website. A HUGE inconvenience! AVE hasn't responded to my help desk ticket yet either. As of now, they have lost a customer for life and I will discourage anyone I encounter from using them.

I recently just went through this same ordeal with my CC and fraud charges. Even had the same Kiss.com charge (as well as a few others). I won't say I'll will abandon AVE as a vendor, but I know moving forward, I will inquire about the vendor's security when it comes to making CC purchases. I'm even thinking of using gift cards from now on to minimize the damage in case this happens when dealing with any vendor.

Hidden Dragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Maryland
Same here, kiss.com, mate1, and flowers, 4/15-19, just caught it when looking this past weekend, last purchase from AVE 11/26...?

If they stored the card numbers attached to any of the orders they received and never purged the information from their servers or did not have adequate safeguards in place to protect those numbers, your CC could have been compromised from an order placed months ago.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
CC numbers are sold in packages on net forums. Every time a number its resold new charges will appear. Its pretty obvious that's what's happening when cards compromised at different times get hit with charges at the same places in the same time frames. Its done the same way with phone numbers. I'm sure you've seen when your number went to a new buyer... spams stop for a while and all of a sudden you get unrelenting spam calls from new numbers... your number was resold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread