Crown Uwell Dry Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Media, PA
I Finally bought the Crown Uwell after basically idolizing it for a few months. At first, I tried both the .25 and .5 coils and were in love. I tried a few different juices and vg/pg ratios and the first day worked perfectly. .5 I was vaping around 70-80w and the .25 around 85-90w, and never had a dry hit or a problem. I think I fell in love with vaping all over again.

BUT

The last 1.5-2 days Ive had a really bad dry hit problem, and with BOTH coils. If i take a pull longer than 2-3 seconds, MAX, its extremely dry. With BOTH coils!! Which is even more confusing. I even lowered the wattage 10-15 watts and I have the same problem. Ive done some searches and its a very rare problem, so I am posting here.

I primed each coil before the first use, and vamped up the wattage starting at 30 for both coils. Even now, if I prime (hard inhale without firing), I can get 1-2 vapes before its dry again. I checked the o-rings and they are in the correct positions.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's killing me because at first I was in love, but now causing me this problem. Its almost like the coil is at the end of its life, but that has to be impossible after only 1-2 days.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
I haven't had this problem, but then again I use the Ni200 coil on temp control so I will "never" get dry hits. If you are using a max vg juice you might want to try one with a little more pg to thin it out so the coils can keep up. That is the only thing I can see happening is your coils are vaporizing the juice faster than it can be wicked up. Did you possibly already burn your coils? Once you burn the cotton in them they are dead and will always give off a horrid burnt taste

PhilsPhanatic

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
Southampton, PA
I am having this exact same problem, with both coils including Nickel. 1st day it's great wicks amazingly well, then next day no more bubbles telling me juice is feeding into the coil. It's driving me nuts because that 1st day or so is amazing. I am doing the same thing priming the coils and ramping the wattage up for break in.

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Very strange indeed...first posts I've read this occurring.

Same here, my crown has no issues with anything I run through it. The only issue I found with mine which really wasn't the tanks fault was my first nickel coil gunked up and started to taste bad but that was because the juice I was running through it was very sweet and kind of dark. My crown hits like a semi truck and keeps up with whatever I put her through. Sad to hear both of your experiences are like this because it is an amazing tank, and by far the best tank out of the 5 I own.

Reactions: Davis8988

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I'm thinking about selling one of my herakles and picking up another one too haha, have this paired with my sig 150 tc and I've never been more happy with my setup

Me too, best tank I've bought in my entire vaping career............:lol:

JimKinchloe

Aug 29, 2015
funny, I'm with the OP. I set mine aside a few days while I vaped on some other tanks that were already filled. I have the original pre-installed OCC in it. it tasted really kinda harsh today. not burnt, just not... juicy.

didn't know if it was maybe because of the other toppers I've been using? but then I kept pulling on it, both live and not firing, and I notice that I am no longer getting any bubbles while vaping. none whatsoever. nor am I getting the volume of vapor I was before.

hmm... curiouser and curiouser...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Really odd, I've bought coils from three different vendors, haven't had a single problem, not even the slightest leak, a coil will last weeks at higher wattage 40-60...continually. I wondered if I could even kill the coil at 100 watts, nope...I changed the last one about a week later just for better flavor.

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Really odd, I've bought coils from three different vendors, haven't had a single problem, not even the slightest leak, a coil will last weeks at higher wattage 40-60...continually. I wondered if I could even kill the coil at 100 watts, nope...I changed the last one about a week later just for better flavor.

Did the same with mine, ran it through the ringer! Only coil that tapped out was a nickel coil that got too gunked up from one of my juices, even with that I'm sure the coil still works great but I just swapped her out for piece of mind when I'm out and about

Reactions: inspects

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Did the same with mine, ran it through the ringer! Only coil that tapped out was a nickel coil that got too gunked up from one of my juices, even with that I'm sure the coil still works great but I just swapped her out for piece of mind when I'm out and about

Exactly, I been putting the used coils back in the box, I've yet to burn one.

You using TC-? ....I am, perhaps this helps.

But they're not getting juice to feed, only thing I can think of is the coil is gunked beyond the point of being able to saturate the cotton any longer.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I have never paid attention to any bubbles and I have ran over 120 tank fulls on my Crowns going up as high as 120 (.25). I vape the tanks until they are bone dry most of the time.

I can say when the coil is at end of life power handling will start to reduce. When they can no longer handle 80 watts (.25) IMO they're spent.

Also true that once you get a true burning nasty hit it usually means the coil is shot. I doubt anything is technically gone defective on the tank itself.

Strange though, not the norm.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Yeah I'm on TC I went a week using a juice called Longs Peak by Highlander made here in Colorado and it turned the coil black. It's a very sugary juice that taste like a freshly baked cinnamon roll with melted glazing haha, man is it good but it will do a number on the cotton

Similar here my friend, which makes me wonder if the other folks coils are gunked, and cannot absorb juice?

Only rational answer I can think of.

Reactions: VaporDaze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread