Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I Finally bought the Crown Uwell after basically idolizing it for a few months. At first, I tried both the .25 and .5 coils and were in love. I tried a few different juices and vg/pg ratios and the first day worked perfectly. .5 I was vaping around 70-80w and the .25 around 85-90w, and never had a dry hit or a problem. I think I fell in love with vaping all over again.

BUT

The last 1.5-2 days Ive had a really bad dry hit problem, and with BOTH coils. If i take a pull longer than 2-3 seconds, MAX, its extremely dry. With BOTH coils!! Which is even more confusing. I even lowered the wattage 10-15 watts and I have the same problem. Ive done some searches and its a very rare problem, so I am posting here.

I primed each coil before the first use, and vamped up the wattage starting at 30 for both coils. Even now, if I prime (hard inhale without firing), I can get 1-2 vapes before its dry again. I checked the o-rings and they are in the correct positions.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's killing me because at first I was in love, but now causing me this problem. Its almost like the coil is at the end of its life, but that has to be impossible after only 1-2 days.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

My best non-advice advice:

Sometimes you can fix a thing by trying to not fix it. What I mean is, trash the coils, clean the tank, and move on to other gear. Whatever gear was giving you fits, leave it alone. Seriously. Let it be. Put it away and come back to it later (maybe a week, maybe more) when you are vaping happily on something else. I have found that sometimes gear will fight back when you are tying too hard to get a good vape, but after you are back in the 'zone', all else gets in order.

p.s. Sorry I don't have any real advice, but I am almost positive something I said in this post would work as actual advice---maybe if you look hard enough. And yes I do have a Crown and it is my fav tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmercury1

JimKinchloe

Aug 29, 2015
After about an hour, the vape is back to normal, but the bubbles are still not returning. I then ran a q-tip down the drip tip to the coil, and I wouldn't call it a heavy buildup. Very clean juice I am running (that sounds Yoda-ish).

Whatever, flavor and vapor are back. I think it just doesn't like to sit unattended for a couple days. The bubbles may very well be an initial break in thing, as the air in the OCC gets exchanged for juice. We will all learn more as we use these over the next few months.

Reactions: inspects

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
After about an hour, the vape is back to normal, but the bubbles are still not returning. I then ran a q-tip down the drip tip to the coil, and I wouldn't call it a heavy buildup. Very clean juice I am running (that sounds Yoda-ish).

Whatever, flavor and vapor are back. I think it just doesn't like to sit unattended for a couple days. The bubbles may very well be an initial break in thing, as the air in the OCC gets exchanged for juice. We will all learn more as we use these over the next few months.

Oh, for sure! If I let it sit for a few days without vaping on it, well, I just don't do that as the coil gets quite unpredictable. This tank likes to be used.

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Haven't let mine sit a few days either, my fav as well. I have ran a Q-Tip down the chimney many times in the past though.

Haha I carry a couple in my pocket while at work to clean that out throughout the day, I also use a drip tip that came off of my Maganus (I think) that has a lip around the top that catches a lot of extra "flavor" that would be going in my mouth in the form of liquid

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Haha I carry a couple in my pocket while at work to clean that out throughout the day, I also use a drip tip that came off of my Maganus (I think) that has a lip around the top that catches a lot of extra "flavor" that would be going in my mouth in the form of liquid

lol....I noticed the juice can get in the mouth easily with some good toak's at lower wattage, I try to keep the hard toak's to a minimum, or at a bizarre wattage....:)

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
lol....I noticed the juice can get in the mouth easily with some good toak's at lower wattage, I try to keep the hard toak's to a minimum, or at a bizarre wattage....:)

I just set it to 460 degrees and about 60 joules (I play around a lot on the joules) and I rarely get the spit back but yeah, hard pulls have never really ended pretty for me unless I'm on an RDA haha. How low of wattage do you run?

Apec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Media, PA
Thanks for the responses guys. That's why it's so weird bc with this tank almost nobody has the problem.

I pulled out the 3rd coil last night and babied the sh*t out of it breaking it in for a few hours. At 30 then 40 then 50 and so on until now I'm up to 80-90 watts on the .25 with no problem.

But I'm not surprised bc the first two coils worked perfect the first day. So we'll see. I'm hoping I didn't break it in enough and going straight to 90w after a few minutes of lower wattage is the problem.

Also when I use lower VG the problem still exists. It does remind me of a burnt coil, where after 1-2 secs it's burnt so hoping that's ut

PhilsPhanatic

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
Southampton, PA
I have been babying the coils on break in, I am going to attempt the opposite tonight on a new .25, and just prime it and let it rip. It is so odd to me that they just stop wicking, they aren't even gunked, it's like the cotton all of the sudden is no longer absorbent.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I'm actually in the same boat as the op and Phil... except I bought 3 of these things and all three, just like Phil stated, it's as though they just stop wicking worth a d@mn. Mine came with the two .25s and one .5. I'm on my LAST .25 (I've no intention on using the .5 as I bought this tank to be an upgrade in vapor production and that would be a step backward).

I tried different juices, high in PG, higher in VG, same result... horrible wicking after a few tanks. This last coil I have, I'm trying the whole break in process, used a tank up starting late last night at 40 watts and then increased to 70 now at 84. So far so good but I haven't reached the typical point where I start getting the dry burns either, so will update if it happens or if this worked for me.

I've also emailed Uwell asking for help because it seems a very small number of us are having this issue and no one can really give a definite solution because they've had zero problems. I can't imagine that 5 coils would be defective with the three tanks I purchased. Just seems extremely unlikely but I suppose stranger things have happened. Will.report back on this coil later on to see if it keeps going or starts in with the dry burn.

Apec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Media, PA
Phil:

Still having problems with your Crown? I am as well and we are in the same area. You did g get yours from ECIGG, did you?

The shop, Delco Vapes gave me another pack of coils with same problem. A buddy from another shop gave me a coup and it's fine, no problem.

I'm thinking maybe we have a bad batch of coils.

sethjamto

Sep 16, 2015
Sweet Home Alabama
This is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing with mine the past two weeks. It'll hit like a freight train for a couple or more tanks and then without warning dry fire on me. I've gone through two packs of 0.25's running around 70-90 watts depending on the juice. I did a proper break in by slowly ramping it up from a lower wattage too. This time around all I had was the 0.5, so I tossed that in and started the wattage at 35. Vaped pretty good and I worked up to 55 watts over 3 tanks....then BAM, dry fire.

Problem is, when this tank is running good, I FRIGGIN LOVE IT! Best tank, vape, clouds, flavor I've found. But when she's running bad....it's BAD.

Almost ready to look for a different top fill sub ohm. I'm tired of replacing coils every other day!

Reactions: PhilsPhanatic

Apec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Media, PA
For me at least if it and a .5 second pull, it tastes great, but anything longer and its dry. And not dry like a burnt coil, but dry like a complete dry hit. Another reason it seems Ike it's not wicking.

But idk what we can do. My shop offered a free pack of coils, but they are the same. They said they will get more coils next week, so we'll see if they any better. And also offered a Herc for $19. But I want to get to the source!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread