Crown Uwell Dry Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
I Finally bought the Crown Uwell after basically idolizing it for a few months. At first, I tried both the .25 and .5 coils and were in love. I tried a few different juices and vg/pg ratios and the first day worked perfectly. .5 I was vaping around 70-80w and the .25 around 85-90w, and never had a dry hit or a problem. I think I fell in love with vaping all over again.

BUT

The last 1.5-2 days Ive had a really bad dry hit problem, and with BOTH coils. If i take a pull longer than 2-3 seconds, MAX, its extremely dry. With BOTH coils!! Which is even more confusing. I even lowered the wattage 10-15 watts and I have the same problem. Ive done some searches and its a very rare problem, so I am posting here.

I primed each coil before the first use, and vamped up the wattage starting at 30 for both coils. Even now, if I prime (hard inhale without firing), I can get 1-2 vapes before its dry again. I checked the o-rings and they are in the correct positions.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's killing me because at first I was in love, but now causing me this problem. Its almost like the coil is at the end of its life, but that has to be impossible after only 1-2 days.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

This is why you should have got a SMOK TFV4... SO many people have these issues with this tank, including myself. Now that I've gotten the SMOK TFV4. It not only puts out way more vapor, but the flavor is so good on it as well. The quad coil lasts me about 2-3 weeks and the same with the tri-coil. I can easily vape the tri-coil at 75-90 watts and the quad coil can be easily vaped at 120 watts! Finally a time I can use my IPV3LI past 100 watts! It gives you a dripper like experience, but with a tank. Anyone who's considering to get a sub-ohm tank do yourself a favor and buy the SMOK TFV4, you have SO many different coil options.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I've never had a dry hit from my Crown using any of the coils (SS or Ni).
When I put a new coil into the tank, I fill the tank with juice and let it set, standing up. Like it was on top of a mod.
After about an hour (yep, 60 minutes), I screw it on, lock the resistance and vape away.
I am using DIY 40/60 juice.

In fact, I have been waiting for a coil to go paer shaped so I can finally use the RBA I bought over a month ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread