Status
Not open for further replies.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
I've got my Leo's now for almost three months. The crystals are becoming dull and look kind of scratched. Has anyone foud a way yet to make them all shiny and new and sharp looking again?

It sounds like the crystals are plastic and not glass.
There are several methods to restore a plastic crystal.

If the crystal comes off, clean in soap and water.
Take a soft cloth like microfiber, chamois, flannel and gently wipe dry. Make sure it is very dry or the following won't work.

Take some Future Floor Wax Polish - apply enough to cover the crystal and let dry overnight.
In the morning, softly buff the crystal and it will shine.

Or:

Clean and dry.
Apply clear nail polish and let dry.
Be careful with this method. Sometimes the nail polish will melt the plastic or later on it will start flaking off the plastic.

Hope this helps.

morpheuskane

Mar 19, 2012
illinois
I've got my Leo's now for almost three months. The crystals are becoming dull and look kind of scratched. Has anyone foud a way yet to make them all shiny and new and sharp looking again?

Ok i have had time to mess around with mine a bit. Mine were new and kind of dull looking and not very bright. I took some fine rubbing compound for a car finish. Rubbed it out 3 times like i would a car. It made the finish of the crystal look muddy. Then i followed that with a good auto wax that i wax my truck with and rubbed it out half a dozen times just like i would a car and the crystal sparkles really nice. You might even confuse them for diamonds. It would be worth a shot to try that method. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread