Status
Not open for further replies.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
So no thoughts bud? Never heard back from on the troll;-/ did you ever get it?
Franck! Hello brother! I have not thoughts on the Troll since it is still stuck in China. FT just keeps moving the restock/ship date out! I may cancel it and order something else (like the Black Gaia)

No thoughts on the GBox because it just shipped today. Should have it in about 7 days with the faster shipping I paid for...hopefully.

Just got the Gaia TODAY! What a surprise. It was not supposed to be here until Thursday. Such a surprise I did not have any extra juice at my office. I am going to rush home in a bit and grab my world famous Salted Caramel Cheesecake DIY juice and fill this bad boy up. I just washed, coiled, and wicked it up ready for a tank full of flavor.

I put dual Tiger wire coils in. 0.23 ohm. Glowing perfectly. I am way excited about this one.
Pics below.
IMG_0814.JPG

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Cut the wicks short like Petabread! ...as with the other RDTAs I have.
Thinned the wicks some with a light comb-out. Coil is 3mm View attachment 639503 View attachment 639507 View attachment 639509 View attachment 639511
Great to hear back from you my friend,wow that looks bad ...,I ordered mine yesterday and should have it soon,love all the pics as I see a lot of reviewers stuff a lot of cotton down there but I agree with pita bread that his and your way would work best,I don't think you missed much on the troll as its been a real bear for me to get this thing not to leak when filling,sometimes it will and sometimes not,and that's with the same wick job witch makes no sence right? Looking forward hearing how you like it once you've thrown some juice in that bad boy,any leaking,smooth air flow,ect,good luck bud I really hope you're going to love it;-)

Reactions: DP2Raja

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
OK guys...got it juiced up last night with a nice Salted Caramel Cheesecake...absolutely love it! Flavor is really nice, vapor is very dense and rich. The airflow is super smooth...slight restriction on the lung hit, but actually just how I like it. I am running the bottom airflow only. Wide open.

I find the drip tip to be very comfortable and it stays cool even though the chamber can heat up with 3-4 vapes one after the other. Not crazy hot, but pretty warm. The 0.23 ohms running at 55 watts is a nice warm vape.

Build quality on this is excellent. You do need to make sure you do not get your wicks covering the little vent holes on top of the deck or it can back up on you when you are filling. I also take two of the wicks on opposite sides of the posts and stick a wire down the edge of them to add a little extra venting. I have had zero leaks, zero dry hits. The thing wicks perfect even with 80 PG juice.

I cannot wait to set this up for my Gbox squonker when it gets here (hopefully next week). Until then I will put up with the small capacity tank and filling often because this thing is worth the effort. Which is not much effort, just a bit of a bother.

I love the look and feel of this little guy. Excellent RDTA. I will be ordering the black as well.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
OK guys...got it juiced up last night with a nice Salted Caramel Cheesecake...absolutely love it! Flavor is really nice, vapor is very dense and rich. The airflow is super smooth...slight restriction on the lung hit, but actually just how I like it. I am running the bottom airflow only. Wide open.

I find the drip tip to be very comfortable and it stays cool even though the chamber can heat up with 3-4 vapes one after the other. Not crazy hot, but pretty warm. The 0.23 ohms running at 55 watts is a nice warm vape.

Build quality on this is excellent. You do need to make sure you do not get your wicks covering the little vent holes on top of the deck or it can back up on you when you are filling. I also take two of the wicks on opposite sides of the posts and stick a wire down the edge of them to add a little extra venting. I have had zero leaks, zero dry hits. The thing wicks perfect even with 80 PG juice.

I cannot wait to set this up for my Gbox squonker when it gets here (hopefully next week). Until then I will put up with the small capacity tank and filling often because this thing is worth the effort. Which is not much effort, just a bit of a bother.

I love the look and feel of this little guy. Excellent RDTA. I will be ordering the black as well.
Hey bud thanks for the update,am so glad you are liking this one,hopefully mine gets here today if not tmrw,hey quick question for you as I noticed you use tiger wire in a lot if you're builds,how's that working out for you? I always wanted to get some but always backed out because of all the groves in it I was afraid of it popping and spitting a lot! any of that going on for you?

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Hey bud thanks for the update,am so glad you are liking this one,hopefully mine gets here today if not tmrw,hey quick question for you as I noticed you use tiger wire in a lot if you're builds,how's that working out for you? I always wanted to get some but always backed out because of all the groves in it I was afraid of it popping and spitting a lot! any of that going on for you?

It pops a little on first heating on a draw, but I do not see much additional popping over any of my Claptons or twisted SS builds. In this small chambered Gaia, I am getting NO spit back or popping up the drip tip. Usually if you keep your cotton very snug in the coil (not crazy tight) the popping is very little. I find the flavor on the Tiger wire to be damn nice.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
It pops a little on first heating on a draw, but I do not see much additional popping over any of my Claptons or twisted SS builds. In this small chambered Gaia, I am getting NO spit back or popping up the drip tip. Usually if you keep your cotton very snug in the coil (not crazy tight) the popping is very little. I find the flavor on the Tiger wire to be damn nice.
Roger that,thanks bud I'll have to pick some up next time I place an order for wire,dam Gaia didn't show today hopefully tmrw,am really looking forward to it after all the praises it's been getting,am hoping it's better than the engine,I never really saw all the hype about the engine,it's ok but way over hyped in my book;-)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Franck, I am totally with you on the Engine. Nice that it does not leak, and it does have good juice capacity, but the flavor is really lacking in my opinion. I even bought the Engine Nano thinking the "bottom" air feed would bump the flavor...still not there for me. I know people rave about the Engine "family" I just can't find the pleasure that I expect from a good atty. Oh, but don't forget...it doesn't leak! My EXO RTA doesn't leak either, or my Merlin Mini, or my Limitless + and now...my Gaia doesn't leak either!

Hope your Gaia comes soon. Interested to hear your take on it. Overall I am very please with this little guy. Other than having to fill so often. My squonk mod will take care of that when it gets here next week.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
To the Gaia Gang...I'm heading out on a road trip so will be offline for about a week. Keep on vaping!
Franck...hope you enjoy it when ya get it!

DP2 takes his Gaia on it's first road trip! woohoo
Will do dp thanks for heads up,have a great trip my friend,did you take the Gaia on the trip? Lol be safe my friend and talk to you soon;-)

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Can't wait til I get my black version on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It puts pretty much every other tank I have on the back burner. The flavor is great and if you want to k-loud the room, the optional side air does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread